SICK OF HURRICANE SEASON

DonDiego

Carolina del Sur
VN, I know this isn't a football post, but the football/basketball forums are where I spend 95% of my time. So, I'll just say, I am sick of the weather channel. I wish this mother would hit already. I'm sitting in my house five miles as the effing albatross flies from the ocean. I have water, ice, food, propane, candles, portable fans, flashlights, and Bushmills. Come on already. I'm sick of trying to reason with hurricane season. I'm hoping for the best, but like Bobby Long said (if you've got a woman and you like blues, watch the movie--it's good), 'I know God, and God knows me, and He wouldn't let that happen'. So, here's to a little anxious and frustrating venting. All that being said, 'How 'bout them Vols', 'Go Big Orange', Woohoo!

VN, I know this isn't a football post, but the football/basketball forums are where I spend 95% of my time. So, I'll just say, I am sick of the weather channel. I wish this mother would hit already. I'm sitting in my house five miles as the effing albatross flies from the ocean. I have water, ice, food, propane, candles, portable fans, flashlights, and Bushmills. Come on already. I'm sick of trying to reason with hurricane season. I'm hoping for the best, but like Bobby Long said (if you've got a woman and you like blues, watch the movie--it's good), 'I know God, and God knows me, and He wouldn't let that happen'. So, here's to a little anxious and frustrating venting. All that being said, 'How 'bout them Vols', 'Go Big Orange', Woohoo!

Me, too, hours of weather maps, generator, shutters, sand bags, moving all outside furniture and potted plants inside, taking the dogs in and out a different way, which they didn’t want to do! It’s passed us now with no damage, but another one may be out there. Good luck to you!

Bushmills is for pussies.
Lol. Let me sit your tough azz on the coast right now. Seven to ten foot tidal surge expected, hurricane force winds... another tucked away in his den tough guy.

Spend a few minutes looking at the Bahama clips, then report back, big guy.

Last edited:
Reactions: marvin616
Lol. Let me sit your tough azz on the coast right now. Seven to ten foot tidal surge expected, hurricane force winds... another tucked away in his den tough guy.

LOL 7-10 foot. Exaggerate much? I live in Florida too whiner.

Reactions: MAD

Spend a few minutes looking at the Bahama clips, then report back, big guy.

Dude, you'nes seriously talk like you haven't been through any big ones.

You're drunk. I live in SC. The storm is expected to skirt the coast as a Cat 2. It is expected to produce surges of 7 to 10 feet and have pretty high winds. How this discussion devolved into a competition between how Atlantic cyclones affect Florida in this instance versus SC and NC, I don't know. Look, I'm very glad it missed your trailer park, but you should be grateful, not an ass.

This post should have been appended to the last HoptownVol post, although he's likely not still conscious.

Last edited:
I'm here in Charleston waiting for it as well. Boarded up my place of business in Folly Beach today. Sitting on 10 gallons of water, a full tank of gas and batteries out the wazzu. Still planning on watching the BYU game this weekend...

Go Vols!

VN Store

Back