Showing off polling ability - Grade this year's recruiting class

How would you grade this year's recruiting class?

Votes: 21 5.7%
  • A+

Votes: 27 7.4%
  • A

Votes: 110 30.0%
  • A-

Votes: 118 32.2%
  • B+

Votes: 79 21.5%
  • B

Votes: 10 2.7%
  • B-

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • C

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • F

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BigOrangeMojo

The Member in Miss December
I know, I know. Someone has to be the one to insert a poll so it might as well be me

I know there was a thread after the Early Period so I wanted to see how responses have changed

Hello everyone it's time once again to play everyone's favorite game show, RATE THIS CLASS!

What grade do you give this year's recruiting class?

I will give a B+. Overall, the class is very good and we hit some weaknesses pretty strong. Below are the reasons why I did not give it an A....

1. I would have liked to have an elite WR and pass rusher. We missed out on a couple of those.
2. We let a couple in-state kids that would have filled needs (At programs with strong pipelines) get out of state. Does this hurt us in the future as TN's HS talent continue to improve?
3. Many coaches going into their 2nd season at their current school (Fisher, Mullen, Luke, Morris, Moorehead) had classes that were strong by the standards at their school. Pruitt just continued that trend so the success he achieved as a 2nd year coach on the recruiting trail was seen (in varying degrees) throughout the SEC.

Let me know what you think. Vote early and vote often to help make this poll great.

EDIT: Obviously, I have to work on my polling ability since I included the number of choices "9" as one of my possible answers....

Last edited:
Solid B+ Close to B- helped getting Henry. Helped our biggest needs in this class. Got best o-Line class in the country. Got some more speed on the back end. Got two linebackers with great speed. Only thing I feel we came up short on is a good edge rusher.

I know, I know. Someone has to be the one to insert a poll so it might as well be me

I know there was a thread after the Early Period so I wanted to see how responses have changed

Hello everyone it's time once again to play everyone's favorite game show, RATE THIS CLASS!

What grade do you give this year's recruiting class?

I will give a B+. Overall, the class is very good and we hit some weaknesses pretty strong. Below are the reasons why I did not give it an A....

1. I would have liked to have an elite WR and pass rusher. We missed out on a couple of those.
2. We let a couple in-state kids that would have filled needs (At programs with strong pipelines) get out of state. Does this hurt us in the future as TN's HS talent continue to improve?
3. Many coaches going into their 2nd season at their current school (Fisher, Mullen, Luke, Morris, Moorehead) had classes that were strong by the standards at their school. Pruitt just continued that trend so the success he achieved as a 2nd year coach on the recruiting trail was seen (in varying degrees) throughout the SEC.

Let me know what you think. Vote early and vote often to help make this poll great.

EDIT: Obviously, I have to work on my polling ability since I included the number of choices "9" as one of my possible answers....
I try to see if we filled needs. Pruitt did that pretty well, especially after a 5-7 season. Pruitt/Fulmer team is going to bring in recruits. The biggest need was beef.

Reactions: Brillovol
B+

It's right at a top ten class, it's not heavy on numbers taken, it's stellar as far as Oline talent. Need a bit more talent at some skill positions IMO to be an A and has to be a top 5 class to be an A+. Pruitt did an amazing job though given our record and recent past mess ups.

It's an A-. We needed a stud running back like Trey Sanders. It changes the dynamics of the team. I'm hoping for or wishful thinking about Zachery Evans out of Texas in 2020. A solid RB like Jamal Lewis or Travis Henry who can make a 2 yd run to 5 yds by breaking tackles changes the flow of the offense. It opens up play action passing.

Elite OL which is our biggest need going in. high grade for DB's. High grade for blue chips at LB. no real star power at DL, which is the only real issue with this class, but we still have good #'s at DL. playmakers at WR and RB. really solid TE's.

it gets an A. if we would have landed a Justin Eboigbe or Bill Norton type on the DL, would have been A+.

and coming off 9 wins in two seasons, and having a top 12 class....well, that ain't too freakin' shabby.

I rate this an A-, I think Pruitt did an awesome job of filling some glaring holes. I am still concerned with the DL, but I have a feeling there might be some internal transfers, wink* wink*

Go Vols!

I gave it an A-, mainly because of the strong closing plus, the two transfers, Gibbs and Solomon. Next year should be better because CJP and staff will have more time to establish relationships, especially Tee and Chaney.

I’m gonna give it an A+, grading on a curve based on our “situation” this class was a homerun IMO. After what had better be a more successful season this year and hopefully a bowl win I’ll need to see a top 10 class and top 4 or 5 in the SEC next cycle.

I'll give the class an A.

Your polling ability, though?

giphy.gif

A- the only thing that would've made it better would've been Bogle/Eboigbe and Watson/Jay. We really needed another pass rusher besides Harrison and we still don't have a big corner

Taking into consideration that we have only won 2 SEC games in 2 years I gave it an A+. 4-8 and 5-7 seasons and we finish the way we did is nothing but miraculous imo. We got an elite coach who knows wtf he is doing.

Idk why we're grading on a scale? I don't see it as an A class BC of circumstances or anything. I do think he's done a helluva job but I think this staff will do better next year with Neids back and Martin coming in as well. Just too thin on Dline and skill players for an A.

Reactions: codyg10

VN Store

Back