Show some love for Candace Parker!

This entire argument is ridiculous. I'm proud of Candace Parker and what she is doing for the WNBA is impressive. If you guys don't agree, then that's fine. You are entitled to your opinion. I am not a big fan of the WNBA either but I enjoy watching ANY former UT athletes succeed professionally whether they are men or women.

This entire argument is ridiculous. I'm proud of Candace Parker and what she is doing for the WNBA is impressive. If you guys don't agree, then that's fine. You are entitled to your opinion. I am not a big fan of the WNBA either but I enjoy watching ANY former UT athletes succeed professionally whether they are men or women.
exactly how is it a source of pride for you? It makes no sense that an athlete playing for UT would generate pride for you, unless you hve the saddest life imaginable.

Please, you have been disrespectful in every thread that I have commented on. I made no sexist jokes, only commented on how ignorant your sexist comments are. I don't need to flatter myself, your reaction to the insults tells me everything I need to know. Would you rather talk smack to me about bad grammar or your Ivy League education like in other threads? From what I've read you definitely overpaid for your education even if it was free. Lastly, I don't need to prove Candace Parker's basketball skill to you. She proves that every time on the court. I made no claims to her being better than men at basketball. I do feel that she is every bit as skilled as most NBA players but is obviously less athletic.

The gay jokes were not meant to be literal. The gay jokes were mean to insult you but I never said anything negative about being gay. My response was pointing out the flaw in criticizing me for calling someone gay when the person chastising me put their own negative connotations to my comment.

had your stupidity stopped at sexist, this wouldn't have been a debate. But you included ignorance and on the basketball front, that's not true whether you admit it or not.

My education hasn't been at issue here. I know that you need something else to bolster your debate, so trying to imply I can't reason helps you. Keep it coming, you're apparently convincing multitudes of your point. Seems to me you're the one hung up on my education and belittling that education appears to be your only response to it. Think about how sad that is. You know nothing of my education nor what it has garnered me, but you continue to comment upon it. Does the ignorance word you're so fond of seem more applicable here.

Finally, one of the stupidest things I've ever read is your comment about my being gay was intended as derogatory, but you weren't dogging homosexuality. While such absurdity is fitting, this actually takes all the cake. I actually can't imagine making fun of someone else's lack of education and saying something so devoid of any ability to reason all in one post. Congrats, you've dumbfounded me.

exactly how is it a source of pride for you? It makes no sense that an athlete playing for UT would generate pride for you, unless you hve the saddest life imaginable.

You are an idiot. You have no idea what it is to be a fan do you? Why do you spend so much time on a sports board if you don't understand why someone would be proud of a player for their favorite and hometown team?

had your stupidity stopped at sexist, this wouldn't have been a debate. But you included ignorance and on the basketball front, that's not true whether you admit it or not.

My education hasn't been at issue here. I know that you need something else to bolster your debate, so trying to imply I can't reason helps you. Keep it coming, you're apparently convincing multitudes of your point. Seems to me you're the one hung up on my education and belittling that education appears to be your only response to it. Think about how sad that is. You know nothing of my education nor what it has garnered me, but you continue to comment upon it. Does the ignorance word you're so fond of seem more applicable here.

Finally, one of the stupidest things I've ever read is your comment about my being gay was intended as derogatory, but you weren't dogging homosexuality. While such absurdity is fitting, this actually takes all the cake. I actually can't imagine making fun of someone else's lack of education and saying something so devoid of any ability to reason all in one post. Congrats, you've dumbfounded me.[/QUOTE]

I am belittling you because you continuously bring up your education in debates as if it is supposed to impress people and then make completely ignorant statements when nobody asked your opinion. I don't need anything to bolster my arguments. I chose to express my appreciation of a great female UT athlete and you felt the need to make ignorant, sexist comments about it. The truth is that this argument need never be had if you would not have been insulted if you weren't busy trying to convince people that women athletes should not be respected. So to sum it all up.......you don't respect women and I don't respect you. Fair?

Where did I say anything negative about being gay other than associating it with you? It was an implied insult. However, it is only an insult if you have a negative opinion of gayness. So if you automatically associate gayness with insults and negativity wouldn't it be hypocritical to say that me calling you gay is an ignorant thing for me to do? Regardless of what I meant by calling you gay, your own ignorance is what caused you to be insulted by it. I can understand if you don't follow what I'm saying.

The off topic posts and flaming in this thread stops now. The next poster that I see in here not abiding by board rules is getting a vacation.

2whfbbp.png

15dnsiv.jpg

29vcwa9.jpg

2h2k18z.jpg

USA TODAY National Player of the Year 2003
USA TODAY National Player of the Year 2004
Naismith National Player of the Year 2003
Naismith National Player of the Year 2004
Gatorade Prep Player of the Year 2003
Gatorade Prep Player of the Year 2004

Another honor for Candace
2w5pqau.jpg

Basketball superstar and two-time Honda Sports Award winner (2007, 2008) Candace Parker of the University of Tennessee has been awarded the 32nd annual Honda-Broderick Cup, designating her as the 2008 Collegiate Woman Athlete of the Year.

Parker dunks in Sparks' win over Fever - WNBA - Yahoo! Sports

LOS ANGELES (AP)—Candace Parker became the second woman to dunk in a WNBA game and the Los Angeles Sparks beat the Indiana Fever 77-63 on Sunday night.
Parker took a pass from Raffaella Masciadri, dribbled the length of the court and dunked with her right hand with 29 seconds to play.

couple other former LV in the article too

Tamika Catchings scored 17 points in her first start of the season for the Fever (6-6), who lost for the third time in four games.
Catchings, who missed the first eight games due to a torn Achilles’ tendon, also made three steals to move into fourth place on the WNBA career list.
“I really felt good,” Catchings said. “Right now, it’s more lateral movement (that is a problem). The tendon gets tight a lot, but I’m getting better and better.”

As an "outlander" LV fan, I live for the WNBA season to begin following the WNCAA tourney. It lets me get a chance to see the former LVs play when those teams come to Houston...and we have our very own in Snow.

UH & Rice just aren't up to par. TX has some exciting women's teams playing but they aren't in our front yard like you lucky Knoxville residents.

Players like Parker, Fowles, Harding, Beard have really infused the WNBA in the past couple of years & I expect it's going to just keep getting better if they can continue.

As an "outlander" LV fan, I live for the WNBA season to begin following the WNCAA tourney. It lets me get a chance to see the former LVs play when those teams come to Houston...and we have our very own in Snow.

UH & Rice just aren't up to par. TX has some exciting women's teams playing but they aren't in our front yard like you lucky Knoxville residents.

Players like Parker, Fowles, Harding, Beard have really infused the WNBA in the past couple of years & I expect it's going to just keep getting better if they can continue.

Well put. I believe that we will see the flood gates open for the WNBA soon and more talented women will come along. We are seeing a dramatic increase in the overall talent level of most sports and players like Candace will only inspire more greatness.

VN Store

Back