Shout Out To Jordy Horston!

creekdipper

Miss Horston could undoubtedly be playing elsewhere and racking up huge stats and minutes played. She's been maligned about things such as turnovers since she arrived at UT. She's played through injuries, rehabbed through injuries, and seen close friends sidelined by injuries.

Yet throughout all this, Jordy has remained loyal, positive, encouraging, and steadfast. She's worked hard to improve her game AND to make her teammates better. As one poster put it after the last UCF game, Jordy put us on her back in the first half unti we got going.

Jordan's not selfish. She knows that she can ve the go-to player when a bucket is needed, but she carries that burden well. No one was more disappointed than her at the end of the Va Tech game, but no one on the court was more deserving of the shot(s).

She's been called the Lady Vols' " best recruiter" for a reason.

Thankful that we have Horston and they don't.

Miss Horston could undoubtedly be playing elsewhere and racking up huge stats and minutes played. She's been maligned about things such as turnovers since she arrived at UT. She's played through injuries, rehabbed through injuries, and seen close friends sidelined by injuries.

Yet throughout all this, Jordy has remained loyal, positive, encouraging, and steadfast. She's worked hard to improve her game AND to make her teammates better. As one poster put it after the last UCF game, Jordy put us on her back in the first half unti we got going.

Jordan's not selfish. She knows that she can ve the go-to player when a bucket is needed, but she carries that burden well. No one was more disappointed than her at the end of the Va Tech game, but no one on the court was more deserving of the shot(s).

She's been called the Lady Vols' " best recruiter" for a reason.

Thankful that we have Horston and they don't.

No one picking up on this thread so I will chime in.

An emphatic yes to everything you wrote, Creekdipper!

When Jordan is on the court, she gives it her all.

Also, some folks though the "Jordan added 4 inches to her vertical" story might have been hype but you can see it in her game. She is getting UP for rebounds and her finishing around the rim has become $ whereas last season she often left those shots just a bit short.

She is playing great on both ends and is looking like an AA candidate.

It has been a pleasure to watch Jordy grow over the last four years hasn’t it! Such an amazing representative for the Lady Vols and UT. You just look at how she handles herself and you know she will be successful in whatever she does going forward.
One thing that I’m exceedingly grateful for is the role model she provides for her younger teammates. She has worked hard and improved her game every year and when she was hurt last year she was the first one jumping off the bench when a teammate made a play. Really going to miss her.
I would also like to point out when she was a freshman I said she would be the Lady Vols next AA. I’m feeling pretty good about that prediction!!!!

I was thinking last night what a great, mature leader she has become. I haven't always felt that way. There's no more head slapping, sign waving, which was ok in its time, but a more stable, solid presence. When Jordan told Kellie 4 yrs ago she'd stay, she really meant it. She's hung in through thick and thin.

I really want to see her Sr season end with her playing a comfortable, natural role and having alot of fun.

There's not a player in the country I would trade Jordan Horston to get. She is the perfect package for what the program needs right now, and is someone I am 100% confident will always do her best to be the best person she can be. Anyone who doesn't like and appreciate Jordan Horston obviously is the same kind of person who hates puppies and kittens and probably even America and Jesus.

I really appreciate how mature she has become, and a calm leader as well. You can hear a sense of a more mature intellect, and hear it in her voice and see it in her demeanor at the pressers after the games. She's beginning to sound like a coach. Watching these players grow up during a 4 year program is a pleasure.

She gives it all.....She's OK with us.
88b37743-76cd-4658-8d6e-82861e3efd73-kns-Lady_hoops_texas_SY_3189.jpg

VN Store

Back