Shout-out to Donde Plowman

lvocd

If she were to run for POTUS, I'd vote for her!

But seriously, the letter she wrote to the NCAA was perfect, and by the time I finished reading it I pitied the NCAA.

Just outstanding leadership from Plowman. If there's a University Chancellor Hall of Fame, she's a future first-ballot inductee. I'm proud she represents UT. 🥰

But seriously, the letter she wrote to the NCAA was perfect, and by the time I finished reading it I pitied the NCAA.

Just outstanding leadership from Plowman. If there's a University Chancellor Hall of Fame, she's a future first-ballot inductee. I'm proud she represents UT. 🥰
agree it was forceful, defending but not defensive,,excellent prose

Plowman has thrown down at the NCAA.

This thread is to commend Donde Plowman,,,if you can't say something nice,,,just go away
She's doing her job.
That said have you read SI article in the football thread about the investigation.
They put Tennessee and Florida state in the same boat.
Both have reach the same investigation level in NIL zone 1 violations.
Florida state got a assistant coach suspension for three games and booster ban from Florida state for three years.
SI said more than Tennessee football was under investigation didn't name other sports.
Not saying Tennessee did anything.
But the NCAA will try to get a booster if nothing else.
Tennessee said they didn't do anything wrong.

Not a fan NCAA they could hire better referee or official to refs all sports .
Seen where some wanted USA Congress to fix NIL
NFL has a salary Cap.
They maybe a cap for NIL deal one day.
But will NCAA be the ones in charge.
Or some new body over seeing sports.
Some pro sports have spending caps others don't.
Time Will tale where NIL deals works out.

NCAA should have let the players earn a set amount.
Before the courts force their hand.
The NCAA or Congress is not going to fix this NIL
SEC and the other needs to agree on rules

She's doing her job.
That said have you read SI article in the football thread about the investigation.
They put Tennessee and Florida state in the same boat.
Both have reach the same investigation level in NIL zone 1 violations.
Florida state got a assistant coach suspension for three games and booster ban from Florida state for three years.
SI said more than Tennessee football was under investigation didn't name other sports.
Not saying Tennessee did anything.
But the NCAA will try to get a booster if nothing else.
Tennessee said they didn't do anything wrong.

Not a fan NCAA they could hire better referee or official to refs all sports .
Seen where some wanted USA Congress to fix NIL
NFL has a salary Cap.
They maybe a cap for NIL deal one day.
But will NCAA be the ones in charge.
Or some new body over seeing sports.
Some pro sports have spending caps others don't.
Time Will tale where NIL deals works out.

NCAA should have let the players earn a set amount.
Before the courts force their hand.
The NCAA or Congress is not going to fix this NIL
SEC and the other needs to agree on rules

You LEGALLY can’t set a cap on NIL, show me one Pro sport that does it?

NIL is owned by players and they can sell their NIL for whatever they want, read 9-0 SCOTUS ruling.

I do not get why people keep suggesting a cap when it ain’t LEGAL.

You can set a cap on pay in a collective bargaining situation but you would still have an uncapped NIL.

NIL is owned by players and they can sell their NIL for whatever they want, read 9-0 SCOTUS ruling.

You can set a cap on pay in a collective bargaining situation but you would still have an uncapped NIL.
Totally true and the NCAA is not going to be able to control amounts that collectives are willing to pay athletes for the NIL. Whatever the player can negotiate is fine. If they think they can add in can't talk about recruiting how dumb is that as players will explore all the offers and take the best one.

NFL shares a certain % of their tv contact money with players get set %
Not sure about tickets sales sharing % if they do that.
Not follow NFL close for a while.
But do remember when free agency started.
NFL teams one spot teams could kept but has to pay equal money.five or ten in the NFL for Quarterbacks RB WR OL TE kicker or whatever positions the team puts a franchise tag on.
The NFL sets their salary Cap department on TV contact and other money the owners and players agree to share.

It works in the NFL each team has a maximum amount to speed.
Did know what % the owners got and the player's got.
I think players got around 63% know for sure it was 50% plus.

Last edited:
Result of not having rules in place. Result of states allowing high schools kids to capitalize on NIL.

Can’t be a capitalist organization and change the rules of someone playing the game within the standards set.
I don’t think state rules for HS NIL is legal and will also eventually go to SCOTUS and lose.

Reactions: Go aeiou

Tennessee and others would have to share money with the player's for it to work.

I don’t think state rules for HS NIL is legal and will also eventually go to SCOTUS and lose.
All NCAA could stop is money from University not private money .
You have actors under 18 making money.

High school making money is 100% legal agreement.

Can NCAA ban Boosters and is another can of worms.

I haven't read the supreme court ruling on NIl
I need to do that.

Result of not having rules in place. Result of states allowing high schools kids to capitalize on NIL.

Can’t be a capitalist organization and change the rules of someone playing the game within the standards set.
If kids can make money in movies Tv ads you can stop ball players from making money.

Unless they ban players who take money in school sports.

In all this I think about Missouri, that pays the kids their NIL money before stepping on campus.

Most high school doesn't make money off girls boys basketball football or softball baseball soccer track and field.

So high school would be in better standing to fight courts in state or USA sumpre-court than college who tried to hold on to money like boss hog.

Reactions: brittannica
Tennessee and others would have to share money with the player's for it to work.

I read somewhere last week a suggestion that universities would have to make student athletes an 'employee' of the university to get around the NIL caps and other stuff like that. Not sure about the legal side of this. Others will legal knowledge will need to add.

Reactions: mudcat1973

VN Store

Back