Shoulder surgery advice

Good advice..... I’ve already been struggling to get shirts on and off without pain in that shoulder. Anything requiring reaching upward or backward sets it off. I spent yesterday trying to use my left arm for everything ..... it’s going to suck.... but it’s got to be done
another thing..... if you're doing it soon ie winter time, make sure you have a list of stuff to binge. There is NOTHING on daytime tv. You can only watch so much of sportcenter and the discovery channels before you get sick of it.

Always take pain meds before you go to PT. Always.

I’ve got a recliner in the bedroom already. The thing I hadn’t thought about was slip on shoes and pants with no buttons. How soon were you able to do the easy, weight free type tasks?
Actually pretty quick. I think you'll still have use of the hand of your bad shoulder and that makes a world of difference. You can hold things, like your phone, and operate them with the other hand.

I had a follow-up physician with my PA today and asked her about torn labrum surgery. She said it's very similar, but there are differences. You won't be able to throw a ball for 6 months. However, it sounds like recovery is very similar.

Reactions: Carl Pickens
Actually pretty quick. I think you'll still have use of the hand of your bad shoulder and that makes a world of difference. You can hold things, like your phone, and operate them with the other hand.

I had a follow-up physician with my PA today and asked her about torn labrum surgery. She said it's very similar, but there are differences. You won't be able to throw a ball for 6 months. However, it sounds like recovery is very similar.
I guess I’ll have to use my left as my pimp hand for a while 😁

The MRI showed a torn labrum, 70% tear of the rotator cuff and subluxated bicep tendon. I kept trying to tell myself it was no big deal in spite of the clunking and pain..... now.... damn it

The MRI showed a torn labrum, 70% tear of the rotator cuff and subluxated bicep tendon. I kept trying to tell myself it was no big deal in spite of the clunking and pain..... now.... damn it

Well I'll have to say that the miracle of modern medicine will have you guys as new. You'll just need to take it easy for a good while, but they'll get you on a good path soon enough. If you're near Chattanooga, I will recommend my surgeon ... he was great!

Honestly, I can't think of a better time to have this done than during a pandemic ... at least if you work from home.

Reactions: Carl Pickens
Nerve block has worn off and I can definitely feel it. Here’s to a day of ice, tv and hydrocodone...... and a beer if I can do it without the wife seeing it
I had ACL surgery this week. Seems like you and I have a similar agenda for the day. How’s your recovery going?

Reactions: VolNExile
I had ACL surgery this week. Seems like you and I have a similar agenda for the day. How’s your recovery going?
I think it’s going well . It’s only been 24 hours. I’ve been comfortable until now but I’m starting to feel the pain. I’ve been told days 2-3 are the worst.
How about you? My daughter tore her acl so you have my sympathy.how’d you do it?

I think it’s going well . It’s only been 24 hours. I’ve been comfortable until now but I’m starting to feel the pain. I’ve been told days 2-3 are the worst.
How about you? My daughter tore her acl so you have my sympathy.how’d you do it?
Tore mine a couple years ago playing softball. Put it off until now. Covid is a great time to be laid up for couple of months. They got me doing surgery a couple days of week for the knee. How’s therapy like for a shoulder?

Glad you got it done. Day 2-3 was the worst for me and, even then, it wasn't bad. I was amazed at how much better I got every day for the first 8 weeks. I'm now at week 12 and getting that last 10-20% back takes awhile. I can definitely see it being 6 months before I'm 100% healed. But I feel 90% healed already and have felt that way for awhile.

Reactions: CPA
Tore mine a couple years ago playing softball. Put it off until now. Covid is a great time to be laid up for couple of months. They got me doing surgery a couple days of week for the knee. How’s therapy like for a shoulder?
I don’t go until the day after thanksgiving

VN Store

Back