Should we be nervous..

Some of our fans are the absolute worst. Pathetic fn aholes.
lol.

BVS is real. mine is in remission. basketball, baseball and softball have stemmed all symptoms.

and i've just decided paitence is the best medicine on the football front. nothing of consequence is on the horizon, except to jusut get back to winning more htan we lose, in the near future. i've just resigned myself we really need to get to year 4 with this staff and see what we got. all this other stuff right now...........just doesn't matter....we're headed in to year 2. it's early to call it, either way.

lol.

BVS is real. mine is in remission. basketball, baseball and softball have stemmed all symptoms.

and i've just decided paitence is the best medicine on the football front. nothing of consequence is on the horizon, except to jusut get back to winning more htan we lose, in the near future. i've just resigned myself we really need to get to year 4 with this staff and see what we got. all this other stuff right now...........just doesn't matter....we're headed in to year 2. it's early to call it, either way.
Exactly. It's going to be a serious rebuild, we don't need anymore coaching changes anytime soon. Pruitt has assembled one of the best coaching staffs in America, Fulmer is dedicated to winning, just enjoy the ride and STFU with the whining like some entitled btches. So tired of hearing this crap all over VN and VQ from impatient dumbasses.

Exactly. It's going to be a serious rebuild, we don't need anymore coaching changes anytime soon. Pruitt has assembled one of the best coaching staffs in America, Fulmer is dedicated to winning, just enjoy the ride and STFU with the whining like some entitled btches. So tired of hearing this crap all over VN and VQ from impatient dumbasses.
it's not their fault. they just haven't had that "light bulb" moment yet.

it's been a long time since we've been good.

siap, but the thing people can't reconcile is the "brand" TN not warranting any faith right now vs. the PEOPLE at TN now getting it.

the brand that is TN football has been really bad for a long time. so why should it be any different now?

well, you said it...on paper, this staff is absolutely fanstastic and definitely the best we've had in 10+ years. we've had leadership changes all across the administration and in the athletic department, and for the first time 10+ years, it seems everyone is on the same page as far as goals, standards, purpose and direction. they're investing in the biggest resource the matters---PEOPLE.

but, it's been 10+ years of suck. and as a fan base, that's the baggage we bring with us to each new season. that's not the staff's fault....but it's hard to reconcile new boss, same as old boss, mentality, and just deciding that, now, after 10 years, i'm ready to be patient for another 3-4 years....the brand that is TN football, doesn't really deserve it. but the people over there now, do.

I just find it odd that Tennessee somehow has to be the exception to all the generalizations that would in any way imply we made a poor hire or are not building back towards national title contention. I said at the time of the hire that Pruitt would not last and nothing I've seen thus far changes my mind. However, I am open to considering any new factual information that presents itself. End of the day, I want the Vols to win every game they play and sign every recruit at the top of their board no matter who the coach is.
To believe your predictions or not?
Well, let me consider the last 2 things you declared as absolutes.
1. Chip Kelly was the answer to all of UT's woes.
2. You guaranteed Will Friend was the coordinator hire and Pruitt wouldn't hire anyone he wasn't friends with.

Hang on, let me check dem stats..

lol.

Actually Beer🍻🍻 is the best medicine on the football front.

it's not their fault. they just haven't had that "light bulb" moment yet.

it's been a long time since we've been good.

siap, but the thing people can't reconcile is the "brand" TN not warranting any faith right now vs. the PEOPLE at TN now getting it.

the brand that is TN football has been really bad for a long time. so why should it be any different now?

well, you said it...on paper, this staff is absolutely fanstastic and definitely the best we've had in 10+ years. we've had leadership changes all across the administration and in the athletic department, and for the first time 10+ years, it seems everyone is on the same page as far as goals, standards, purpose and direction. they're investing in the biggest resource the matters---PEOPLE.

but, it's been 10+ years of suck. and as a fan base, that's the baggage we bring with us to each new season. that's not the staff's fault....but it's hard to reconcile new boss, same as old boss, mentality, and just deciding that, now, after 10 years, i'm ready to be patient for another 3-4 years....the brand that is TN football, doesn't really deserve it. but the people over there now, do.
Great post. Maybe some of these loud complainers will have their light bulb moment soon because Phil Fulmer, Jeremy Pruitt and his staff are in it to win it and that's going to take time. This roster need two more classes to be back to an SEC UT type roster. We'll be better this fall than we've been in a many years and we'll see flashes of what's to come but it's still going to be another 2-3 years before we're capable of winning the SEC and challenging the best of the best. That's reality.

Sitting around and btching and moaning right now is so dumb. It's a rebuild, folks. And we've got the right builders. Deal with it.

Great post. Maybe some of these loud complainers will have their light bulb moment soon because Phil Fulmer, Jeremy Pruitt and his staff are in it to win it and that's going to take time. This roster need two more classes to be back to an SEC UT type roster. We'll be better this fall than we've been in a many years and we'll see flashes of what's to come but it's still going to be another 2-3 years before we're capable of winning the SEC and challenging the best of the best. That's reality.

Sitting around and btching and moaning right now is so dumb. It's a rebuild, folks. And we've got the right builders. Deal with it.
i honestly don't know what we'd do on this site if we ever got really good again. i don't think we know, as a fan base, how to act if we started winning again. it's been basically a whole generation. lol.

we are excellent at griping and making demands of an administration and coachting staff. All Americans, 1st teamers.

and people are going to naturally lean to what they know, what they're good at. lol.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
i honestly don't know what we'd do on this site if we ever got really good again. i don't think we know, as a fan base, how to act if we started winning again. it's been basically a whole generation. lol.

we are excellent at griping and making demands of an administration and coachting staff. All Americans, 1st teamers.

and people are going to naturally lean to what they know, what they're good at. lol.

The worst part about the complaining negavols is that it's a win win for them. If they're wrong (and the coaches and players succeed) folks like me are too happy at the time to rub their noses in it. But if they're right they get to be even louder and more of a btch. I despise these people with every fiber of my being. The complaining I told you so guy should be thrown off a cliff one by one.

But if/when we are back to our winning tradition I'll make sure to enjoy every second of it, soak it up, be humble at times but quite a bit of the time I'm going to be annoying af to non Vol fans. We've dealt with their bs too long and they won't like winning Vol fans at all.

The worst part about the complaining negavols is that it's a win win for them. If they're wrong (and the coaches and players succeed) folks like me are too happy at the time to rub their noses in it. But if they're right they get to be even louder and more of a btch. I despise these people with every fiber of my being. The complaining I told you so guy should be thrown off a cliff one by one.

But if/when we are back to our winning tradition I'll make sure to enjoy every second of it, soak it up, be humble at times but quite a bit of the time I'm going to be annoying af to non Vol fans. We've dealt with their bs too long and they won't like winning Vol fans at all.
eh, if we win, i won't care. if we lose..............scroll, scroll, scroll.........lol. hell, i'll be upset too.

we've got plenty of experience at losing and reacting to losing. it won't be any different than it's been in the past.....At this point, there are very few original thoughts on this board in that regard..... lol.

eh, if we win, i won't care. if we lose..............scroll, scroll, scroll.........lol. hell, i'll be upset too.

we've got plenty of experience at losing and reacting to losing. it won't be any different than it's been in the past.....At this point, there are very few original thoughts on this board in that regard..... lol.
This where we split.
Antagonists will slap their computers when they see me log on.
I'll be absolutely insufferable.
Good times.

Seems like I've read the same thing about the Dooley and Butch at one time or another. Hope you're right...this time.

The same debates probably happened when fulmer was hired as head coach.
I recall people being worried because they thought Johnny was on the cusp. Others pointed at what happened when CJM was on medical leave and then when he returned. There was disagreement. Obviously, AL Gore had not shared his invention with us yet so discussion was limited to local talk radio and the water cooler. Really, sports bars as we know them were just starting to be a thing in the early 90s. Probably talked more football on Sunday mornings at church than anywhere else.

Reactions: GroverCleveland
Seems like I've read the same thing about the Dooley and Butch at one time or another. Hope you're right...this time.
that's just the disappointment or lack of faith in "the brand"........

which is fine. i get it.

i just think if you're not seeing, or willing to see, the level of change that has occurred since the days of Mike Hamilton, Dave Hart and Bahama John, then you just don't want to.

and i say that knowing that just because all that's changed, it guarantees nothing on the field. but it's hard not to look at all those changes being made, the staff, the way they're recruiting (not just the rank, but the types of players, regardless of rating), and not think things are going to get better.

it's just not going to happen in year 2, or 3 probably. moderately better...yeah. but SEC e contending better? nah.

i think it's worth getting to year 4 to find out though....that's what i think about the level of change that's occurred over there.....after 1 5-7 year i'm already in on 4 years.

but who knows. maybe the brand wins out, again, and we have to do this again before i'm 50. that'd be awesome.

Has anyone else noticed that Wanya Morris and Darnell Wright are both on the 247 "top 25" highest rated UT recruits of all time (going back as far as they've tracked these things, obviously)? Any of you who ARE nervous... doesn't that make you feel at least a little better?

Give Tee time to work his magic. One of the best recruiters in the business.
Seems I hear this every year as well. Seems that every year we get a new coach and this coach is an awesome recruiter! Even Brady Hoke was claimed to be such.

Has anyone else noticed that Wanya Morris and Darnell Wright are both on the 247 "top 25" highest rated UT recruits of all time (going back as far as they've tracked these things, obviously)? Any of you who ARE nervous... doesn't that make you feel at least a little better?
Those signings were like 3 months ago. Or 84 years in VN time.

VN Store

Back