Should UT throw a lifeline to BH-H

He is once again looking for greener pastures than two years ago and guess what ... we still have the same lawn we had before.
Two years ago he rolled the dice and he did not know what snake-eyes looked like.
I do not see a re-union meeting with Rick Barnes in the cards.

Reactions: kptvol1452
The "me first, last, always" attitude plus possible outside influences have proven to be incompatible with Barnes philosophy and culture. No thanks on a redo. He's the antithesis of what Barnes wants in a recruit/player.
IIRC, CRB was saying positive things about BHH in the last 1/3rd of the season. I was surprised he entered the portal and I had the impression the staff was a bit surprised also. The consensus was BHH’s outside influencers pushed him into the portal. I’ll be happy to trust the staff and if they are willing to take him back I’m fine with it. I would be surprised however if we were the high NIL bidder so it’s probably a non issue.

His inner circle thought he was going to be the next Kevin Durant lol.

Like dude, Rick coached the OG. If BHH had that kind of potential, Barnes would’ve seen it and would’ve fought to keep him here.

200.gif

As I remember it, he was pretty universally liked by his teammates and even Santi and JJJ went to Barnes on his behalf suggesting he get more time on the floor.

My initial thought is NO! But I could see the slice of humble pie he's gnawed on for two years at Louisville maybe helping him mature. If not, kick rocks, but if Barnes believes in him, he's got some talent and would provide post depth. Do we need that depth? Probably not, so it's likely a moot point. I wouldn't take him over any post we currently have, so if his presence pushed someone else out, then no thanks.

VN Store

Back