Should Tennessee be a 1 seed?

I think if we beat the Bammers in Knoxville and beat KY Jelly in Corrupt Areana, then we are a No. 1 seed.

Go VOLS

Reactions: spyfish007
More likely, we need to split with Alabama, assuming we play them in SEC tournament.

Purdue and Houston are probably locks because their conferences are down. So it’ll come down to Virginia, Arizona, Big 12, and SEC for remaining 2.

Reactions: xavierbballfan
remaining B12 schedule is just brutal, that title is clearly up in the air

More likely, we need to split with Alabama, assuming we play them in SEC tournament.

Purdue and Houston are probably locks because their conferences are down. So it’ll come down to Virginia, Arizona, Big 12, and SEC for remaining 2.

Agreed. I think Tennessee and Alabama should each get an independent shot but their fates are probably tied together. It’s a little hard to imagine 2 SEC teams seeded as ones given the overall weakness of the conference.

The Kansas, Texas wins were great since they basically ran the table on two top Big12 teams which will be vying for the top line and Tennessee can now argue that they could contend for a big 12 championship were they given that chance. In addition, there’s maybe a little juice to the Miss St. Sweep including a wire to wire dismantling in Knoxville since they took down K state.

I see Purdue dropping two down the stretch but making the one line nonetheless given they only have one loss so far. To their credit, I think the Big 10 is probably stronger than the SEC overall.

Houston is unlikely to lose again but they are probably deserving of a 1 seed.

I think both Alabama and Tennessee deserve to get spots on the 1 line in the end. Efficiency ratings and AL’s pretty shocking loss to OU give Tennessee the inside track for now in my opinion. I tend to believe that if they beat ALA they can drop 2 more and be a 1 seed. If they lose to AL they probably can’t drop anymore and end up a 1 since they wouldn’t face AL until the final. That’s assuming Alabama doesn’t crumble down the stretch. They’ve played horribly the last few games.

Reactions: ThreatLevelOrange
Still a lot of basketball to be played yet... SEC wasn't necessarily impressive yesterday even though Tennessee was impressive. If we drop 2 additional games on our schedule, we won't be a #1. We basically need to either win out or have just 1 loss to get a 1 seed (Tournament is exception as I think we can lose there and be fine based on how the committee does things).

VN Store

Back