Should Pruitt take over the play calling from Chaney or give Tee a chance?

OrangeBeachVol

I know a lot of you are down on Pruitt but Chaney is not helping the situation and Tee certainly couldn't do any worse. We could run the ball on KY today but Chaney insists on calling pass plays with the most inconsistent head case QB in Vols history. Why? And shame on Pruitt for allowing it. Change the QB and change the play caller.

Reactions: Honky
I know a lot of you are down on Pruitt but Chaney is not helping the situation and Tee certainly couldn't do any worse. We could run the ball on KY today but Chaney insists on calling pass plays with the most inconsistent head case QB in Vols history. Why? And shame on Pruitt for allowing it. Change the QB and change the play caller.

You can’t run the ball EVERY play.

Chaney is hamstrung by the QB, just like the rest of the team.

Tee was OC at S Cal and wasn't bad. I know it was PAC 12 but he can't do worse than Chaney. And for those of you who think I'm an idiot for suggesting Pruitt, he called all the plays for a number of games his first year. He was not terrible at it. Between Chaney and JG we have no chance without changing both.

Tee stunk it up at USC as O-Cord...So much in fact they split calls between him and the head coach.

Pruitt calling the plays? Jesus, sometimes people say things with such confidence all while not having any idea whatsover of what they're saying.

Reactions: LittleVol
Tee was OC at S Cal and wasn't bad. I know it was PAC 12 but he can't do worse than Chaney. And for those of you who think I'm an idiot for suggesting Pruitt, he called all the plays for a number of games his first year. He was not terrible at it. Between Chaney and JG we have no chance without changing both.

Chaney is a very good oc, he is just stuck with a terrible qb, and I feel that is all on Pruitt. We are a good qb away from being a good football team.

Sure

Food for thought..

Chaney has been an OC (most of his recent years in the best conference in the country) since 1994.
For reference, Tee Martin was still in HS and Pruitt was in his second season as a player at MTSU in 94'.

No.

BUT! (It's a big but)

We clearly need to simplify the defense so that someone other than JG can play quarterback and have a chance to be productive. This is a coaching problem, plain and simple.

VN Store

Back