Shots fired by Washington- Claim to have better "sailgating"

I've always wondered if I could take my MasterCraft to a game. Can such a boat dock there or should it be a larger boat?

Unless you got there early, it would be hard to find a spot with a direct tie off. I had buds whose parents owned a big Chris Craft cabin cruiser and I'd just tie off down stream of them.
If you can get out on the end of how they "raft up" you're OK now. Just make sure you have 4 boat fenders with you and enough line to secure your boat and fenders before you leave. Someone might want to raft up to you while you're gone. If you raft, you have to get straight back after the game cause folks tied up closer are wanting to leave. Buoys are "RRR" Red on the Right when Returning upriver. So it's opposite going downstream. Black buoys on the right. The worst part is the wake. Big boats trying to get downriver at night in a caravan reflect the wake off the bank, it IS ROUGH. Big kids don't care, little kids cry an wimmin' scream. A friends wife got a ruptured disk from their small (inboard 21ft) cabin cruiser slapping the water after topping a huge wake that came from wave addition of the cruiser in front and reflection off the bank. Other than all that, yeah, small boats in the Vol Navy are fun.

Best is to arrive early and leave last, or at least on your own. Stay miles away from big boat caravans.

Well can say that I saw a Husky game and they do have a beautiful stadium and boat parking area. But, to compare to Neyland??? Blasphemous I tell, blasphemous!!

Reactions: 1 person
And I don't usually reply to my own reply, but I will never forget the time I was at a Vol game in the 70s when the announcer came on and said something like "Would the owner of Such and Such Boat please report to the docks as your boat is floating down the river". The crowd was in hysterics. And that cannot happen on some stupid lake in the NW!

I've always wondered if I could take my MasterCraft to a game. Can such a boat dock there or should it be a larger boat?

Absolutely. Took my Sea Ray Sundeck a number of times. Just find a row with similar sized boats and line up the swim platforms.

It is a bit of a walk from the Vol Navy docks to the gates most everyone I know goes in, especially after a long day at the docks.

Seriously: if the walk from the Navy to the game is tough, you either need a gym membership or rehab. Fans walking from west of Alcoa highway, deep in the Fort, downtown, and across the Henley Street bridge have a bit more to gripe about.

At least ut doesn't have to talk smack to let everyone know about its gameday atmosphere. Knoxville Saturdays have always spoken for itself, the Neyland experience doesn't need a stinkin article. I bet every college football fan in America knows about the vol navy, this is the first I've heard of "saillgating" in Washington.

At least ut doesn't have to talk smack to let everyone know about its gameday atmosphere. Knoxville Saturdays have always spoken for itself, the Neyland experience doesn't need a stinkin article. I bet every college football fan in America knows about the vol navy, this is the first I've heard of "saillgating" in Washington.

Then you should get out more.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back