Sherrer/Rumph Blitz Packages

Randy Beaver

Do any of you guys that have closely followed the Vols defense know anything about their blitz packages? My wife and I were talking this morning, and from the tape we have studied, we don't believe the Vols blitzed enough to put pressure on opposing quarterbacks. We came to this epiphany last night honestly. One of my passions is going to yard sales on Friday and Saturday mornings. About a year ago, I was lucky enough to find a Sega Genesis and a whole shoe box full of games for $25.00 at a yard sale in Pea Ridge, AR. One of the games that my wife and I like to play right before bed is Bill Walsh's College Football. Through playing that, I've discovered how effective blitzing at the college level can be. My wife cannot score with me. I blitz every time. Now I do mix it up well. Double safety blitz, blitz only one safety, corner blitz, different blitzes with my linebackers. Sometimes I just sell out and bring the house running a punt block defense on 1st down!! That always catches Evelyn by surprise!! Not only do we have lots of fun playing this game, it has helped us to get better sleep too. Our two cats, Pancake and Pawl McCatney, absolutely hate the sound effects on the game. Scares them so much that they leave our bed and hide under the couch in the living room. I am glad because those two are bed hogs. Bielema doesn't seem to mind the noise. Anyway, hopefully Sherrer/Rumph understand the benefits of blitzing. I penned a letter to them this morning explaining my thoughts on using and disguising blitz packages.

I don’t know why you do the things you do. I just know I don’t want them to stop.

Do any of you guys that have closely followed the Vols defense know anything about their blitz packages? My wife and I were talking this morning, and from the tape we have studied, we don't believe the Vols blitzed enough to put pressure on opposing quarterbacks. We came to this epiphany last night honestly. One of my passions is going to yard sales on Friday and Saturday mornings. About a year ago, I was lucky enough to find a Sega Genesis and a whole shoe box full of games for $25.00 at a yard sale in Pea Ridge, AR. One of the games that my wife and I like to play right before bed is Bill Walsh's College Football. Through playing that, I've discovered how effective blitzing at the college level can be. My wife cannot score with me. I blitz every time. Now I do mix it up well. Double safety blitz, blitz only one safety, corner blitz, different blitzes with my linebackers. Sometimes I just sell out and bring the house running a punt block defense on 1st down!! That always catches Evelyn by surprise!! Not only do we have lots of fun playing this game, it has helped us to get better sleep too. Our two cats, Pancake and Pawl McCatney, absolutely hate the sound effects on the game. Scares them so much that they leave our bed and hide under the couch in the living room. I am glad because those two are bed hogs. Bielema doesn't seem to mind the noise. Anyway, hopefully Sherrer/Rumph understand the benefits of blitzing. I penned a letter to them this morning explaining my thoughts on using and disguising blitz packages.

Can we get an analysis of the coverage schemes Pruitt designs for the secondary? I'm really interested in what you see during game film on DBs using inside leverage. Also, very interested in your analysis as to how how technique and alignment different from man to zone schemes, and especially what the Star player does and which personnel the Star keys on during various game situations.

I wish we could discuss this in the Football forum so we could get several opinions on the subject. My wife and I will try to take a look at that this weekend. Busy weekend though, as we are in an online Pokemon tournament beginning in the morning.

I wish we could discuss this in the Football forum so we could get several opinions on the subject. My wife and I will try to take a look at that this weekend. Busy weekend though, as we are in an online Pokemon tournament beginning in the morning.

I will second this. Don't even know why this would get relegated to the Pub. Any reason that someone would give, I would just respond, "Ummmm... the FF?"

I will second this. Don't even know why this would get relegated to the Pub. Any reason that someone would give, I would just respond, "Ummmm... the FF?"

Maybe he was drinking when he posted it?

That's a novel approach to not posting drunk in the FF.

VN Store

Back