SHARK AT ORMOND BEACH

Pretty cool. Looks like a hammerhead. Last few times I’ve been to the beach I’ve seen sharks in shallow water only about 10 feet from the shore.

foul hooked a baby red in NSB. Bleeding, put it back in water. No sooner a 6 ft black tip took it nearly right out of my hands. I carry shrimp and cut bait in my pocket 😬

apparently this isnt a random occurence acc to locals

foul hooked a baby red in NSB. Bleeding, put it back in water. No sooner a 6 ft black tip took it nearly right out of my hands. I carry shrimp and cut bait in my pocket 😬

apparently this isnt a random occurence acc to locals
Should also add that to cast beyond 2nd breakers requires wading in chest deep water...with shrimp & mullet

Reactions: GordonC
Should also add that to cast beyond 2nd breakers requires wading in chest deep water...with shrimp & mullet
No thank you. Researching surf fishing before our trips I read about people night fishing for sharks. They kayak the bait out past the breakers. One guy said don’t turn on your lantern it’ll just freak you out. People talking about sharks bumping the kayaks because of the bait in the boat.

No thank you. Researching surf fishing before our trips I read about people night fishing for sharks. They kayak the bait out past the breakers. One guy said don’t turn on your lantern it’ll just freak you out. People talking about sharks bumping the kayaks because of the bait in the boat.
florida fish and game show thousands of sharks right off coast. shark bite usa

Worse than the sharks are the gators in every body of fresh water in the state. Had I been born here instead of TN, I would’ve never learned to ski.

Reactions: 508mikey
florida fish and game show thousands of sharks right off coast. shark bite usa
I was fishing in a patch of awful June grass about waist deep, casting out beyond it into clear water. About 5 feet away a sea turtle poked its head up and looked at me. At first I thought that's cool, my next thought was that's pretty good size and it got really close to me without me seeing it at all. I went back in. I'm not necessarily worried about sharks in clear water, I've had them come close and they usually spook. But in the dark or in a lot of grass who knows what could happen.

We were at Crab Island maybe the day before this video was taken. The area this thing was cruising is totally full of people on the weekends, water is only 2-3' deep and people just hang out.

I was fishing in a patch of awful June grass about waist deep, casting out beyond it into clear water. About 5 feet away a sea turtle poked its head up and looked at me. At first I thought that's cool, my next thought was that's pretty good size and it got really close to me without me seeing it at all. I went back in. I'm not necessarily worried about sharks in clear water, I've had them come close and they usually spook. But in the dark or in a lot of grass who knows what could happen.

We were at Crab Island maybe the day before this video was taken. The area this thing was cruising is totally full of people on the weekends, water is only 2-3' deep and people just hang out.

Brackish water makes me more nervous than Ocean. Ive wade fished on banks or known oyster beds, or gravelly areas ankle deep.

You never know where a sting ray is hanging out.

Reactions: GordonC
I saw three sharks at Bathtub beach recently. Lifeguards were not allowing people into the water, but once they left people went right in. There is a deck where you can observe them easily, sometimes within 20 feet of shore. If you swim along the reef you will be swimming with the sharks, period.

[VIDEO=] [/VIDEO]

We go to Seagrove Beach on the panhandle every now and then. One year there was feeding frenzy of bluefish tearing up a school of baitfish really close to the beach. I ran down there with my rod, waded out knee deep and every time I dragged a chrome Rat-L-Trap through them, i had a fish. Finally, i was turned toward the beach takin fish off hook when I heard from onlookers, WHOAAAAAH!!! I asked em whazzup and they said, dude a shark cut right thru there, just behind you. I had enough fish. 😁

We go to Seagrove Beach on the panhandle every now and then. One year there was feeding frenzy of bluefish tearing up a school of baitfish really close to the beach. I ran down there with my rod, waded out knee deep and every time I dragged a chrome Rat-L-Trap through them, i had a fish. Finally, i was turned toward the beach takin fish off hook when I heard from onlookers, WHOAAAAAH!!! I asked em whazzup and they said, dude a shark cut right thru there, just behind you. I had enough fish. 😁
Similarly was surf fishing in mid 2000's at Litchfield Beach. As I was walking back after casting, 5 ft sand shark swims right by me. Girlfriend at time said she'd never seen me run that fast. I just remember being white as a ghost.

Similarly was surf fishing in mid 2000's at Litchfield Beach. As I was walking back after casting, 5 ft sand shark swims right by me. Girlfriend at time said she'd never seen me run that fast. I just remember being white as a ghost.
We went kayaking while at cape san blas last week, on the bay side. Kids had their own, and I had a tandem paddling my wife around. We got over some grass, and there was tons of bait fish, then about a 4 foot shark. My wife freaked out😂

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
We went kayaking while at cape san blas last week, on the bay side. Kids had their own, and I had a tandem paddling my wife around. We got over some grass, and there was tons of bait fish, then about a 4 foot shark. My wife freaked out😂
its kinda diff when youre in water with fish guts on your hands

Reactions: joevol33

VN Store

Back