Several rumors circulating

That the reason for potentially cancelling the season is actually not COVID, or not COVID alone.

It's the organizing that the players are doing and how to respond to it.

There was a link to a tweet on this yesterday in the RF saying P5 AD had said that and that the schools need time to develop a plan on how to move forward on that.

Football and the power it has gained needs a kick in the crotch. I’ll gladly skip a season or 3 to put the student back into student athlete. They need the university more than the university needs them.

Exactly. Somewhere along the lines football and all sports have gone from I'm fortunate to have this wonderful opportunity in college to I should be getting paid and let's form unions led by the likes of states like Calfornia. It is an extracurricular amateur activity.

Last edited:
That the reason for potentially cancelling the season is actually not COVID, or not COVID alone.

The players should organize behind the idea of making sure their season is played, and their opportunity to showcase their talents for their future employers (NFL) are not denied by college administrator bureaucrats who don’t know whether to crap or wind their watches.

I wish somebody in power had the stones to tell these groups to go pound sand with their list of demands. And in those exact words at a press conference. Set the example and watch the liberal sports media flip out. Won’t happen though

Exactly. Somewhere along the lines football and all sports have gone from I'm fortunate to have this wonderful opportunity in college to I'm should getting paid and let's form unions led by the likes of states like Calfornia. It is an extracurricular amateur activity.

And yet a sizable portion of this board are for players getting paid. I’m against it because of what we’re seeing now with these players groups, which would only get magnified when they start getting paid.

And yet a sizable portion of this board are for players getting paid. I’m against it because of what we’re seeing now with these players groups, which would only get magnified when they start getting paid.

Good. The pendulum may swing too far in the player's benefit for a time but that's just tuff titties.

A lot of these players wouldn't be in college if the NFL had a minor league system. That would suit me just fine. Don't let the door hit you in the ass if you don't want to go to class. I will be happy watching the ones who want to be here.

The pay issue is a drop in the bucket compared to this imo. Adding Covid to the mix just further highlights the elephant in the room - players receiving similar benefits to 30 years ago despite the revenue stream increasing exponentially. It was only a matter of time before they organized and asked for a piece of the pie.

The pay issue is a drop in the bucket compared to this imo. Adding Covid to the mix just further highlights the elephant in the room - players receiving similar benefits to 30 years ago despite the revenue stream increasing exponentially. It was only a matter of time before they organized and asked for a piece of the pie.
I’m certainly all for the healthcare provision.

VN Store

Back