Serrano: Tennessee pitching, defense can't be ignored

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
The numbers are impressive, yes, but Serrano said the most glaring aspect of Tennessee's pitching is the sheer depth. Two starters—Sean Hunley and Zach Linginfelter—haven't allowed an earned run yet. Garrett Crochet has 18 strikeouts in 9 1/3 innings out of the bullpen and could probably start if called upon. Even the freshmen on the roster look like potential mainstays in Serrano's eyes.

"They finally have the depth of what it takes to be successful in the SEC," Serrano said.

And that could unlock new ground later this spring for the Volunteers, who sit right outside the Baseball America Top 25.

“Tennessee has the makings of having a pitching staff and a defense that can take them into the SEC Tournament and beyond for the first time in a very long time," Serrano said.

Tennessee's Pitching, Defense 'Could Take Them Into To The SEC Tournament And Beyond'

Great to hear good news about the baseball team. The pitching seems to be good enough to make a much improved showing versus our last several years. Hopefully the softball team will also bring good news this spring. GBO!

Coach Is as good a guy as there is. Really sad he couldnt make it. I really enjoyed getting to know him.

I wish I knew how many total runners that have been in scoring position for opposing teams, we have given up 5 runs this year , 4 via the home run ball. But what I am seeing is complete domination thus far from the pitching staff..... I mean 6 shut outs and 2 - with only one run given up and the 5-3 game was 3 solos..... talking about some pitching and defense!!!!

VN Store

Back