Serrano Sayonara from WVU

zachpack

COACHING NEWS: Hearing that former @Vol_Baseball skipper and now @WVUBaseball pitching coach Dave Serrano is leaving the program to pursue other opportunities. Told it was a mutual parting of ways. #WVU #Big12

WVU had an add season.

The finished 2 games over .500 overall at 9-15 in conference.

They beat some good teams 2 of 3 from Texas.Beat OK St and TTU in tourney convincingly. Lost 2 at Cookeville to Tenn Tech. (pounded)

They were a lot better at the end than they were at start. Ugly losses early on.

going 3-3 combined against KU and KSU is embarrassing.

finished 6th (out of 9 ) in pitching ERA

Last edited:
WVU had an add season.

The finished 2 games over .500 overall at 9-15 in conference.

They beat some good teams 2 of 3 from Texas.Beat OK St and TTU in tourney convincingly. Lost 2 at Cookeville to Tenn Tech. (pounded)

They were a lot better at the end than they were at start. Ugly losses early on.

going 3-3 combined against KU and KSU is embarrassing.

finished 6th (out of 9 ) in pitching ERA

Fwiw I heard Results on the field had nothing to do with this. Just a bad fit on and off the field.

From what I hear CDS never liked living in a Morgantown. But I guess who would. He has told people close to him he regrets by passing some other choices he had. His role was pretty limited and he is hoping to land somewhere else. I had heard he was interviewing for MTSU job and another one out west but no takers. Not sure how others feel on board but I hope he lands a gig somewhere.

From what I hear CDS never liked living in a Morgantown. But I guess who would. He has told people close to him he regrets by passing some other choices he had. His role was pretty limited and he is hoping to land somewhere else. I had heard he was interviewing for MTSU job and another one out west but no takers. Not sure how others feel on board but I hope he lands a gig somewhere.

Heard all of this

Agreed

Also note that Lance Sewell former Vol baseball strength coach was also at WV this past year and has also left the program after one season. In fact from what I hear in Coach Mazey’s 5 years at WVU he has had big turnover on staff each season. So something up there isn’t right. Their problem obviously and not ours

Serrano Sayonara... Anyone know what position Sayonara plays and if UT has interest.
I'll hang up and listen.

Not sure how others feel on board but I hope he lands a gig somewhere.

I imagine the majority here wish CDS the best and hope he does well where ever he ends up, except if he ever plays UT in the future. Also, I think the majority here were 99% excited with the hire and were "a little shocked" he couldn't turn things around.

EDIT, just goes to show its the Jimmy and the Joe's and not the X's and O's.........

Reactions: 3 people
I imagine the majority here wish CDS the best and hope he does well where ever he ends up, except if he ever plays UT in the future. Also, I think the majority here were 99% excited with the hire and were "a little shocked" he couldn't turn things around.

EDIT, just goes to show its the Jimmy and the Joe's and not the X's and O's.........

Yep. I hate that it didn't work out. I think he is a good man that was a great representative for UT. I also think he really loved UT and Knoxville. I wish he had adapted to what it takes to win in the SEC much earlier.

Serrano is coming back to Knoxville and will be a pitching instructor at the Diamond Baseball Academy per Rick Russo, one of the local sports guys.

Reactions: hep
Rumor mill was MTSU offered their #1 guy and was turned down, then asked CDS and he turned them down as he wasn’t their first choice. TIFWIW

Rumor mill was MTSU offered their #1 guy and was turned down, then asked CDS and he turned them down as he wasn’t their first choice. TIFWIW
I say without hesitation that rumor is false. He would have taken the MTSU in a heartbeat.

VN Store

Back