SERIOUSLY!……

EverythingOrange

Seriously: We need # 1 Georgia to win out (& I think that they will!)

#2 Ohio State will not be tested until they play (currently) #3 Michigan. — But their head-to-head is a “bonus” for US!

Btw: #3 Michigan isn’t a guarantee against #21 Illinois, either!

# 4 TCU has to play AT # 18 Texas (We Need THAT one!) + AT Baylor (?) & Iowa State 👎, And maybe Oklahoma State in the Big 12 Championship Game;

#6 Oregon plays #24 Washington; #13 Utah; & (currently un-ranked “but dangerous”) Oregon State…..— And possibly #8 USC or # 9 UCLA or maybe even UTAH (again) in the PAC - 12 Championship……

#8 USC plays #9 UCLA & (The X-factor team - Notre Dame…)

A Lot of football left to play……

I still say that we’re in a GOOD place!

GO VOLS!!!!!!! 🍊 🍊 🍊!!!!!!!!

I believe TCU will drop a game at some point, but if they win out they deserve to be in. Hats off to them. I dont think Oregon will lose again. We really need TCU to lose, if not it’ll be UGA, OSU, TCU, Oregon. It would be BS for Oregon to get in over UT, but it seems they are laying the groundwork/narrative for that.

Reactions: vol94
Imo, Tenn will enter the conference championship weekend in the top 4 but after the conference championships, it all goes political. Tenn's on field results will give them as good as a case as any one loss team but if Herbstreit and the pundits start on a campaign for 2 big 10 teams or decide a 1 loss conference champ can't be dropped out, you can't tell what might happen.

We're fine, just let it all play out.

Absolutely. If we win out at a minimum we get the 4 spot. Whoever loses between Ohio state and Michigan is out because other than playing one another, their schedules both suck.

I believe TCU will drop a game at some point, but if they win out they deserve to be in. Hats off to them. I dont think Oregon will lose again. We really need TCU to lose, if not it’ll be UGA, OSU, TCU, Oregon. It would be BS for Oregon to get in over UT, but it seems they are laying the groundwork/narrative for that.
TCU and Oregon will both lose in the next 3 weeks.

Ohio State hasn't been playing well for the last few games. I could see Maryland possibly giving them a game. They host and only lost by 7 at Michigan. Granted they are extremely capable of laying a stinker too. But Ohio State has rarely had to travel this season and road games can be tricky.

That’s what I think. I know it’s not what we want but if Oregon wins out and pac12 champs they will be over us for sure.

Reactions: vol94
There will be some very angry fanbases this year no matter who the top 4 are. Maybe a little controversy can help hasten the expanded playoff format?
Especially with the ACC and possibly the Pac 12 most likely being left out completely.

I would be fine with 8 teams though as 12 seems kinda silly. But nobody is asking me

I'm at the point where I almost want to see Georgia lose no matter the cost. Like even if it means UT misses the playoffs. That's how bitter and petty I am towards them at this point.
I want Miss. St and Kentucky to beat Georgia and send Georgia's season into a total tailspin.

Oregon in the mix bothers me … otherwise I think TCU will lose at some point and the Mich/OSU loser will drop. You have to like our chance … BUT the fact these other teams control their destiny and we do not is concerning.

I'm at the point where I almost want to see Georgia lose no matter the cost. Like even if it means UT misses the playoffs. That's how bitter and petty I am towards them at this point.

Heck know. We want to Bama and UGA to roll teams and then LSU losing to UGA. The committee will change its rankings every Tuesday. If TCU loses to Texas, then I could see a one loss TN team being #4 next week but changed to five after Oregon beats a ranked opponent. I

I couldn't agree more. If Oregon played our schedule they would have 3 losses

Easy to say, “let it play out.” Here are the most likely four teams:
GA
Winner of BIG
1 loss PAC 12 champ

Then it becomes a political battle between these teams
Winner of Big 12. If TCU somehow wins out, they are in, period.
Loser of OSU and Michigan Like our chances much more if it’s Michigan.
Tennessee
Say what you will about resume, we finish against a three weak teams. We have to look strong against all three. What happens the last 3 weeks matters more than we want to believe. Tennessee was the media darling until we weren’t. Now it’s Oregon or TCU. One strike against us is that we only have 12 games.
The committee will avoid 2 teams from same conference if possible, so 1 loss TCU could still get the nod.

Georgia is going to lose to Kentucky in my opinion.
200w.gif

Tennessee has the easiest schedule, and path to the playoffs of every team not named Georgia. Tennessee sneaks into the 3 spot and gets to the title game against Georgia. I'll take that.

Reactions: LETTERMAN88
There will be some very angry fanbases this year no matter who the top 4 are. Maybe a little controversy can help hasten the expanded playoff format?
No matter how many teams you add to the playoff, there will always be angry fans who just miss the cutoff. It is unavoidable

Seriously: We need # 1 Georgia to win out (& I think that they will!)

#2 Ohio State will not be tested until they play (currently) #3 Michigan. — But their head-to-head is a “bonus” for US!

Btw: #3 Michigan isn’t a guarantee against #21 Illinois, either!

# 4 TCU has to play AT # 18 Texas (We Need THAT one!) + AT Baylor (?) & Iowa State 👎, And maybe Oklahoma State in the Big 12 Championship Game;

#6 Oregon plays #24 Washington; #13 Utah; & (currently un-ranked “but dangerous”) Oregon State…..— And possibly #8 USC or # 9 UCLA or maybe even UTAH (again) in the PAC - 12 Championship……

#8 USC plays #9 UCLA & (The X-factor team - Notre Dame…)

A Lot of football left to play……

I still say that we’re in a GOOD place!

GO VOLS!!!!!!! 🍊 🍊 🍊!!!!!!!!
It would be great if Georgia had an unexplainable collapse and lost to Miss State and Kentucky.

VN Store

Back