Serial( podcast)

I'm seriously dying to talk about this. My wife is on episode 8, so I haven't been able to speak to anyone about it.

Some thoughts.

Motive is perplexing. I don't buy the whole jilted lover premediated premis; there really was no supporting evidence. Maybe if he is a high functioning psychopath this makes sense, but I'm not sure I beleive that either. That said, I tend to beleive he was involved with her death whether crime of passion, accident or whatever the circumstance. That he's stuck by his innocence claim for 15 years gives me some pause, but not as much as Jay. I'm not sure what to make of Jay, other than he's just as likely to be a psychopath as Adnan.

I don't think there was anywhere close to enough evidence to convict Adnan.

I don't know what to believe. Its all crazy. The case. The witnesses. The evidence. The prosecution. The trial. The defense lawyer. Everything was insane.

My one question:

The only reason anybody thinks Adnan did it is because Jay said he did. If Jay is telling the truth, why are so many important details of his testimony clearly wrong? Why would he lie about the Best Buy parking lot? Smoking at that park? etc.

My one question:

The only reason anybody thinks Adnan did it is because Jay said he did. If Jay is telling the truth, why are so many important details of his testimony clearly wrong? Why would he lie about the Best Buy parking lot? Smoking at that park? etc.

That is THE question, to be sure.

This whole case pivots around Jay, and I'm trying to figure out why he might falsely accuse Adnan (if he did). I honestly have no idea, but Jay did have acquaintances on the shady side. Was he being driven by someone much scarier than Adnan? If what Jay says is true then Adnan is either a) a high functioning psychopath, or b) has some sort of selective amnesia/has made a lie the truth in his mind. He just doesn't come across as a psychopath to me; he seems genuine. Of course, if he is high functioning could I even peceive it? I just don't know. Jay certainly comes across believable too, even though he's lied multiple times. Oxymoron, I know.

I could be convinced of Adnan's innocence - it's not a huge leap. My biggest problem continues to be Adnan's inability to remember the details around the date/time of Hae's death. I feel strongly he should not have been convicted, however.

There's not much you can say that will spoil anything, though. You can see that he's still in jail and nothing has changed with his case very easily before listening.

There's not much you can say that will spoil anything, though. You can see that he's still in jail and nothing has changed with his case very easily before listening.

Well if you avoid looking up stuff, then you don't know. That's what I did. I wanted to google people just to put faces to the names in the case, but I didn't want to spoil anything.

I thoroughly enjoyed this podcast. It made a 12 hour drive seem like I went to the grocery and back.

I'm torn between what to believe. But if I had to say either way, id say he is innocent. I don't see enough evidence to put him away. I believe Jay knows who killed her, but framed Adnan.

Mu gal and I disagree on Adnan's innocence. I just can't buy him not remembering anything about that day.

He was 17 and a stoner and they asked him about the day weeks later. My little brother is 24, just graduated summa cum laude in economics, he's never had a sip of alcohol or a toke of weed, and I bet if I asked him about a Thursday 6 weeks ago he'd have no idea what he did.

Bump. Just finished this podcast. That was a lot of fun. Too bad there's not another podcast similar to it

For everyone that wants a follow up podcast to season 1 you need to listen to Undisclosed and Truth & Justice

Listening to the podcast, I was expecting to hear a tale of prosecutorial misconduct, corruption, unfair treatment of a minority... I didn't get any of that from the podcast. He came off as being guilty as hell to me. Maybe a new trial is in order just based off of the fact that the cell tower location triangulation stuff is somewhat flawed, but I don't get the same level of disgust about this case as I did about the Hallbach case.

Listening to the podcast, I was expecting to hear a tale of prosecutorial misconduct, corruption, unfair treatment of a minority... I didn't get any of that from the podcast. He came off as being guilty as hell to me. Maybe a new trial is in order just based off of the fact that the cell tower location triangulation stuff is somewhat flawed, but I don't get the same level of disgust about this case as I did about the Hallbach case.

Then for sure you need to listen to Undisclosed

I listened to S-Town a couple weeks ago and really enjoyed it. Macklemore was an interesting character. The story kinda had a "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil" vibe to it. But instead of a a cool town like Savannah as the back drop you get Sh!+ Town Alabama. The twist and turns in the story really keep you hooked.

This inspired me to go back and listen to Serial. I really enjoyed season one as well. Burned through it in 2 days. Not sure what to make of the whole case. My gut says Adnan did not do it because it seems like he really had no motive. Then there is the coincidence of the active serial killer in the area at the same time. But... what is Jay's deal? How did he know where Hae's car was? I think the story resonated with me more due to the age of the people involved and the year it took place. I wasn't too far removed from High School in 1999 myself. Although, I have to admit, half way in I just knew there wasn't going to be any closure which was disappointing. Even more so when the Koenig said in the last episode that she did have an ending... when in fact she did not. I was tempted to google the names of the people to put faces with the voices but waited until after the story was over. Adnan was not what I was expecting LOL... Seeing Hae Lee was sad.

Started Season 2 last night but it wasn't holding my interest in the same way. Honestly kinda zoned out though most of the first episode.

Been listening to Atlanta Monster last few days. I think the last episode just came out last month so it’s fairly fresh.

It’s about 1981 Atlanta when 23 young boys were found strangled and dumped in near by rivers. They arrested and convicted a man for the deaths of two adults but attributed all the child murders to him as well. A lot of the facts around the case are very strange.

If you enjoyed Serial and S Town I recommend it.

Been listening to Atlanta Monster last few days. I think the last episode just came out last month so it’s fairly fresh.

It’s about 1981 Atlanta when 23 young boys were found strangled and dumped in near by rivers. They arrested and convicted a man for the deaths of two adults but attributed all the child murders to him as well. A lot of the facts around the case are very strange.

If you enjoyed Serial and S Town I recommend it.

I vaguely remember when all that was going on and just got done with the podcast. I don't know if they fully solved the case or if all the murders were even related, but Wayne Williams sets off my BS detector in a big way. He's guilty of... something.

I vaguely remember when all that was going on and just got done with the podcast. I don't know if they fully solved the case or if all the murders were even related, but Wayne Williams sets off my BS detector in a big way. He's guilty of... something.

I’m 8 episodes in and I agree.l but I’m not sure it was the murder of all of these children. From his description it sounds like the murder of the adults was questionable as well.

Biggest thing I’m getting out of this is investigating this kinda stuff is hard work. Things never fall into place like they do in movies/TV. I don’t envy the detectives working on it.

Reactions: n_huffhines

VN Store

Back