Serial Killers

Hoosier_Vol

Vol Stuck in B1G 10 Hell
I thought there was already a SK thread on here but couldn't find it using the search option. If there is a mod can merge it please. I've always been fascinated with SK's and know others are also....What's your favorite cases? Ever had a connection in any way with one?

The FBI estimates there are approximately 2,000 active serial killers in the US. There are roughly 325 million people living in the US. So an estimated one out of every 162,500 people in the US is an active serial killer.

The census bureau estimates that an individual will meet 80,000 people in their lifetime. So as a very loose approximation, almost every other person in the US will meet up with a serial killer at some point in their life.

As far as having any "connection" with a serial killer I don't as far as I know of like some others on here but do live within 20 minutes of Terre Haute,IN and Interstate 70 where the "I70 Killer" struck in 1992 , Michael McCown, 40, was killed in his mother Sylvia's ceramics store in Terre Haute, Indiana. McCown was the only man killed during the spree and it is believed by investigators that the I-70 killer chose the store because the store's solo woman's name (Sylvia's Ceramics) seemed to make it a good target. Because McCown wore a ponytail[1] and was shot from behind, while he was kneeling to stock shelves, he may have been mistaken for a woman.

Reactions: MAD
You might not want to read about this guy: David Parker Ray who was known as the Toy Box Killer. Would drug his victims and they’d wake up strapped down listening to a recording of everything he was going to do. I’m not sure there’s a worse killer out there. It’s strongly assumed there are people who helped him that were never caught.

** VERY graphic sexual and violent details included in the link. It's unreal the amount of pure evil in this couple.**

WARNING: EXTREMELY GRAPHICAL/SEXUAL CONTENT!

If you are offended by deviant sex acts/practices, sexual slang or violence, please do not read the following transcript.

The following is a transcription of an advisory message that was tape recorded by David Ray Parker on July 23, 1993:

David Parker Ray's Audio Tape Transcript | Thinking about Philosophy

Last podcast on the left is great. I think kemper is interesting. Albert fish is a really weird one. Definitely nsfw. GSK is really interesting due to how long he got away with it. Plus he was very active. If you want I recommend following the serial killers Reddit

Reactions: Hoosier_Vol
While doing some research I came across one from my area I'd never heard about surprisingly.

$

From 1982 to 1984, Larry Eyler killed a number of boys and young men, dumping their bodies along Indiana's highways. Officials believe he killed at least 21 victims, largely based on information provided by his defense attorney after Eyler's death, but he was only convicted of one murder - the killing of 15-year-old Daniel Bridges.

In 1986, Eyler was sentenced to death for the teenager's murder, but he passed away from AIDS-related complications in 1994 at the age of 41. Before his death, Eyler claimed to have had multiple accomplices, including a middle-aged Indiana State University professor named Robert David Little. According to Eyler, while he tortured and dismembered his victims, Little would masturbate and take photos. Based on Eyler's allegations, the professor was arrested and charged, but Little was acquitted in 1991.

Sadly, many of the victims Eyler claimed responsibility for killing have never been identified, leading the police to conclude they were probably runaways or hitchhikers who may have been estranged from their families when they were murdered.

Here is the only "SK" I can say I know of or had ever meet in person. He lived about 15 minutes from me in a very rural area. His case gained national attention in the late 90's

175px-Orville_Lynn_Majors_%28serial_killer%29.png

Orville Lynn Majors (born 24 April 1961) is a former licensed practical nurse from Clinton, Indiana who was convicted of murdering his patients.
Though he was only tried for six murders, he is believed to have committed as many as 130 between 1993 and 1995, the period of time for which he was employed by the hospital where the deaths occurred, and for which he was investigated.
It was reported that he murdered patients who were demanding, whiny, or disproportionately added to his work load.
Suspicion
Suspicion first developed when a large number of deaths began occurring at Vermillion County Hospital, where Majors worked. Prior to the time when Majors began employment at the hospital, an average of around 26 patients died annually.
After Majors started working at the facility, however, this rate skyrocketed to more than 100 per year, with nearly one out of every three patients admitted to the hospital dying.
Suspicion in reference to the large number of deaths landed on Majors in part because of his behaviors and attitudes, and a supervisory study that determined that nearly twice as many patients died when Majors was on duty than with any other nurses.
Additionally, Majors was the only nurse present at the deaths of seven patients. He was believed to be injecting potassium chloride as his murder weapon. The license of Majors to practice nursing was suspended in 1995, leading to termination of his employment, and the death rate at the hospital dropped to prior levels.
Prosecution and trial
After the state of Indiana launched a criminal investigation, Majors was arrested in December 1997. A total of 79 witnesses were called to the stand at his trial. Some of the witnesses testified that he hated elderly people, and that he believed that they "should be gassed".
A judge ruled that the supervisory study that showed the number of deaths rose during the duration of Majors' employment at the hospital was inadmissible as evidence because Majors was only being tried for six murders. However, other evidence that was admissible included witnesses who heard Majors refer to elderly patients as "a waste" and by various derogatory terms. Additionally, some of the deadly substances that were allegedly used in the murders were found at his house.
In October 1999, Majors was found guilty of murdering six patients, and was sentenced to 360 years in prison.

My area (Terre Haute,IN) has some SK connections along with the Oriville Lynn Majors posted above.....

The I-70 Killer

$

In April and May of 1992, a serial killer terrorized the states of Indiana, Kansas, and Missouri. He went to stores located in strip malls just off I-70 and shot and killed the people who were working in the shops. Some experts believe the man may have left the Midwest for Texas, because three women working in stores there were shot in 1993 and 1994, with one of these victims surviving her injuries.

The "I70 Killer" struck in 1992 , Michael McCown, 40, was killed in his mother Sylvia's ceramics store in Terre Haute, Indiana. McCown was the only man killed during the spree and it is believed by investigators that the I-70 killer chose the store because the store's solo woman's name (Sylvia's Ceramics) seemed to make it a good target. Because McCown wore a ponytail[1] and was shot from behind, while he was kneeling to stock shelves, he may have been mistaken for a woman.

The I-70 killer has never been identified, but at the time of the murders, the authorities released a sketch of the suspect. A witness described the killer as a white male between the ages of 25 and 35, and the police determined the man used a .22 caliber weapon to viciously murder his victims.

From 1982 to 1984, Larry Eyler killed a number of boys and young men, dumping their bodies along Indiana's highways. Officials believe he killed at least 21 victims, largely based on information provided by his defense attorney after Eyler's death, but he was only convicted of one murder - the killing of 15-year-old Daniel Bridges.

In 1986, Eyler was sentenced to death for the teenager's murder, but he passed away from AIDS-related complications in 1994 at the age of 41. Before his death, Eyler claimed to have had multiple accomplices, including a middle-aged Indiana State University professor named Robert David Little. According to Eyler, while he tortured and dismembered his victims, Little would masturbate and take photos. Based on Eyler's allegations, the professor was arrested and charged, but Little was acquitted in 1991.

Sadly, many of the victims Eyler claimed responsibility for killing have never been identified, leading the police to conclude they were probably runaways or hitchhikers who may have been estranged from their families when they were murdered.

It is terrible what they do.But I am fascinated about what makes them tick and how they become what they are.

This is such a good film about a serial killer. I highly recommend it.

Citizen X
During the 1980s, Soviet authorities hunt for a serial killer who picks his victims in railway stations and commuter trains and lures them into the woods.

Reactions: Big Gucci Sosa
Rodney Alcala "The Dating Game Killer" was a wild case. No one really knows how many victims there are, but he took hundreds of photos of what could be potential victims. There is a Youtube video of his Dating Game appearance. Turns out the woman declined the date after he won.

Rodney Alcala "The Dating Game Killer" was a wild case. No one really knows how many victims there are, but he took hundreds of photos of what could be potential victims. There is a Youtube video of his Dating Game appearance. Turns out the woman declined the date after he won.

Gonna have to do some research on him, never heard of him but sounds fascinating.

Edmund Kemper was a real sicko. Watched a show about him today.

He murdered his grandparents at age 15 and was let go at age 21 from the mental hospital after convincing his doctors he was rehabilitated. Major screw up by those doctors.

Did they ever catch the guy who was the Oakland County, Michigan child killer from the mid 70’s?

Did they ever catch the guy who was the Oakland County, Michigan child killer from the mid 70’s?

The Oakland County Child Killer (OCCK) is the name given to the perpetrator(s) responsible for the murders of two girls and two boys in Oakland County, Michigan in 1976 and 1977. The victims were held prisoner before being killed, and it is possible a small gang of offenders was involved in the crimes. Forensic DNA testing has indirectly implicated two suspects (one now dead and the other serving life in prison for offences against children). A DNA profile found on some of the bodies is from the main perpetrator, but does not match the DNA of anyone named in connection with the case and his identity is unknown.

Reactions: MAD

VN Store

Back