September 22 High School Thread

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
What do we have this week? Any interesting matchups?

Div. II No. 1 McCallie (4-0) at AA No. 2 Alcoa (2-2) -- McCallie should win this one with the talent they have after beating some tough teams this season. Alcoa may pull the shocker at home. So many top college prospects in this game. I wish I could go watch it.

5A No. 1 Dobyns-Bennett (5-0) at 4A No. 9 Tennessee (4-0) -- The once again overrated Indians of D-B face an improving Vikings squad at the Stone Castle. It would be a surprise if Tennessee pullled it out.

2A No. 6 Tyner (3-1) at 3A No. 1 Fulton (4-0) -- Fulton will dominate this game.

My alma mater, Knox Central, is playing a tune-up game against Bearden on Friday. They real test is next week when Central has to play Maryville. Should be a great game.

Div. II No. 1 McCallie (4-0) at AA No. 2 Alcoa (2-2) -- McCallie should win this one with the talent they have after beating some tough teams this season. Alcoa may pull the shocker at home. So many top college prospects in this game. I wish I could go watch it.

5A No. 1 Dobyns-Bennett (5-0) at 4A No. 9 Tennessee (4-0) -- The once again overrated Indians of D-B face an improving Vikings squad at the Stone Castle. It would be a surprise if Tennessee pullled it out.

2A No. 6 Tyner (3-1) at 3A No. 1 Fulton (4-0) -- Fulton will dominate this game.

Indians are overrated, huh? How bad did they pound Oak Ridge? How bad did they pound Sullivan South and their future D-1 college QB? Tennessee high won't come within three touchdowns.

Glencoe starts off it's conference schedule with a homecoming game vs. the Parkrose Broncos of north Portland. Parkrose has been picked by most as the patsy of the league (evidenced by the fact that all 4 of their road games are the other team's homecoming matchups). Glencoe is a heavy favorite.

In unrelated news, Glencoe's home field, Coach Craig Reucker Stadium, is featured on the Nike website in nikegridiron.com's training portion.

http://www.nike.com/nikegridiron/index.jhtml#position_camp

wallpaper16_800.jpg

Gatlinburg-Pittman plays Greenback.......LOL......I will say this much though, I went to our game last Friday night and our coach has to have the most boring playbook in the world, we threw the ball a total of 5 times the other night....If we don't play any better against Greenback than we did against Happy Valley then we could get beat....Just have to wait and see

Indians are overrated, huh? How bad did they pound Oak Ridge? How bad did they pound Sullivan South and their future D-1 college QB? Tennessee high won't come within three touchdowns.

How fast will the Indians get put out in the playoffs?

How fast will the Indians get put out in the playoffs?

What high school did you go to? Aren't you the same guy that said Hardegree would get to play against Cal? Give me a break. He is a joke of a QB that never would have been offered a scholarship at UT if it wasn't for his overrated friend Daniel Brooks. You also mentioned that Jason Witten was the best high school player in TN a few years ago. Maybe you should check back on the Elizabethton-DB score the year Witten was a senior. Maybe you should also check up on the last time DB lost two games in a season. You probably weren't alive at that time. I guarantee your high school has not been in the playoffs as many years as DB. Don't call the Indians overrated. They own East TN. They also own you. Get over it.

For my money I would take Fulton, Central, Maryville, and usually A-E (not this year) over DB any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Also, whoever said that Jason Witten was the best player in the state a few years ago. In the play-offs, Central played Elizabethton and Central had an LB/TE that went to Ole Miss and played DE that absolutely owned Witten. Central went on to lose in the State Championship game to Memphis West.

GO BOBCATS!!!

D-B is 5A. We shut out Elizabethton Witten's senior year. We're 5-0. It seems like people always claim the Indians are overrated, even when they beat schools like Montgomery Bell. D-B pretty much never loses more than one game a season. Undefeated seasons are not that infrequent, either. I just don't think you can say they are overrated. They are the most consistently good 5A team in East TN.

2 words describes the Dobyns Bennett Indians football team "SPEED KILLS"..........the are by far the fastest defensive high school team the state of Tennessee has ever seen..........and we are pretty qiuck on offense too...........the guy with the tupac pic on his name, seems you look at yesteryear in everything u do, even ur music!!

Below you can see Dobyns Bennett has a pretty good team every year. Every other year, or every 3 years or so they have a team that could go to state and win. It takes a bit of luck, and look at the 2000 Red Bank team DB lost to, #6 in the nation with Gerald Riggs and they destroyed Riverdale in the championship. We all know Oak Ridge can play some ball though they may be down this year a bit. Riverdale in the past ten years has been to the big game more than any other. DB is still the winningest high school football team in Tennessee and will go for win #700 next year. In 2005 DB was considered to be down. This year they are up, this is a team that could win the whole thing. DB has 13 state championships, granted it has been 30 years since they last won one. Some of those early teams were Southern Champions and would play in bowl games and beat other state champs from places like Florida and Georgia. Two years ago they also built a nice 3.5 million dollar field house with private donations. The attendance is the largest in the state.

AAAAA Karns W 33-0 Early Round
AAAAA Hendersonville L 35-27 Early Round
AAAAA Bearden W 28-0 Early Round
AAAAA Oak Ridge W 26-7 Early Round
AAAAA Sevier County L 33-12 Quarterfinal
AAAAA Karns W 35-7 Early Round
AAAAA Science Hill W 44-8 Early Round
AAAAA Oak Ridge W 24-21 Quarterfinal
AAAAA Oakland L 21-7 Semifinal
AAAAA Heritage W 23-21 Early Round
AAAAA Oak Ridge L 28-25 Early Round
AAAAA Farragut W 41-14 Early Round
AAAAA Bearden W 39-3 Early Round
AAAAA Oak Ridge W 32-6 Quarterfinal
AAAAA Red Bank L 21-13 Semifinal
AAAAA William Blount L 26-19 Early Round
AAAAA William Blount W 48-0 Early Round
AAAAA Oak Ridge W 21-14 Early Round
AAAAA Jefferson County W 26-15 Quarterfinal
AAAAA Riverdale L 14-9 Semifinal
AAAAA Soddy-Daisy W 28-6 Early Round
AAAAA McMinn County W 31-6 Early Round
AAAAA Oak Ridge L 35-17 Quarterfinal
AAAAA Ooltewah W 21-14 Early Round
AAAAA Soddy-Daisy W 17-7 Early Round
AAAAA Oak Ridge L 24-14 Quarterfinal
AAAAA Ooltewah L in OT Early Round

That's what I'm talking about.

To get back on topic, I'll throw a game at the thread.

The Dragons of York Institute travel down from the mountain in Jamestown to take on the 0-4, shutout in 3 straight games, defending 3A State Champion Livingston Academy Wildcats in a battle of schools that were too good to end their school name with "High School".

2 words describes the Dobyns Bennett Indians football team "SPEED KILLS"..........the are by far the fastest defensive high school team the state of Tennessee has ever seen..........and we are pretty qiuck on offense too...........the guy with the tupac pic on his name, seems you look at yesteryear in everything u do, even ur music!!
Do you come down to Knoxville/Maryville very often? Central, Fulton, A-E, and Maryville are all much faster on D than DB. It would be a huge stretch to say they are the "fastest defensive high school team the state of Tennessee has ever seen". I would bet any amoun of money that there are teams in the Nashville and Memphis areas that would run circles around DB on offense and defense.

Do you come down to Knoxville/Maryville very often? Central, Fulton, A-E, and Maryville are all much faster on D than DB. It would be a huge stretch to say they are the "fastest defensive high school team the state of Tennessee has ever seen". I would bet any amoun of money that there are teams in the Nashville and Memphis areas that would run circles around DB on offense and defense.

Not familiar with that many West TN teams, but I'm pretty sure D-B could beat any Knoxville area school. Fulton used to be good, but didn't they do pretty terribly last year?

Not familiar with that many West TN teams, but I'm pretty sure D-B could beat any Knoxville area school. Fulton used to be good, but didn't they do pretty terribly last year?
I am not sure of Fulton's record last year. I am pretty sure they made the playoffs and did pretty good(I could be wrong). I still think that the talent level at the Knoxville schools is higher than that of DB. The competition is better, and the talent is better.

VN Store

Back