Seniors 2020-2021

Vols2015

This may have already been addressed in other posts, but is it to my understanding that seniors this year can stay an additional year due to the rules of COVID? I know on the men’s team, EJ Anosike is coming back next year to take advantage of this rule. Please correct me if I’m wrong. Would be amazing to have Rennia and Keyan come back next year!

This may have already been addressed in other posts, but is it to my understanding that seniors this year can stay an additional year due to the rules of COVID? I know on the men’s team, EJ Anosike is coming back next year to take advantage of this rule. Please correct me if I’m wrong. Would be amazing to have Rennia and Keyan come back next year!

Yes that is correct. Someone posted just a couple days ago that Rennia is indeed considering coming back for another season. I would be surprised if Keyen doesn’t return. Haven’t heard anything about Kasi.

I believe everyone was extended an extra year of eligibility. So all of our current players could play 5 seasons instead of 4 if they choose to do so and we have enough scholarships/money.

Yes that is correct. Someone posted just a couple days ago that Rennia is indeed considering coming back for another season. I would be surprised if Keyen doesn’t return. Haven’t heard anything about Kasi.

I believe everyone was extended an extra year of eligibility. So all of our current players could play 5 seasons instead of 4 if they choose to do so and we have enough scholarships/money.

I think I seen on KK social media that she will not be Back and yes Rennia is open to it and Keyen I would think would want to come back to increase her Stock if she wants any chance at WNBA and this would be great for TK and the Freshman Post coming in next year..

You are not wrong. The seniors can play for another year and, just as importantly, they do not count against the scholarship limit for the year. The only downside might be that with more than fifteen players on the roster, playing time might be tough to distribute reasonably. That said, it has been suggested that Rennia is considering returning for the '21-'22 season.

Jim

You are not wrong. The seniors can play for another year and, just as importantly, they do not count against the scholarship limit for the year. The only downside might be that with more than fifteen players on the roster, playing time might be tough to distribute reasonably. That said, it has been suggested that Rennia is considering returning for the '21-'22 season.

Jim

Seriously, Rennia should consider staying another year. I would stay because, WNBA salary is going up a little bit and taking advantage of college game may be beneficial.

I'd be surprised if Rennia comes back as she will be a first round early draft pick. KK not coming back and don't expect McCoy will be back due to numbers. Even if those three leave still a roster of 14 with only one scholarship to give to any possible transfer. If Rennia did come back we'd have a full 15. Of course there is the possibility of transfers off the current roster, but we don't know that yet.

And Kasi!

I'd be surprised if Rennia comes back as she will be a first round early draft pick. KK not coming back and don't expect McCoy will be back due to numbers. Even if those three leave still a roster of 14 with only one scholarship to give to any possible transfer. If Rennia did come back we'd have a full 15. Of course there is the possibility of transfers off the current roster, but we don't know that yet.
I agree. Rennia is probably not just a first round early draft pick...she has a real shot at being drafted #1 overall (it's a weak draft). Next season, she would be a late first round pick most likely.

Also, my understanding is that there are no scholarship caps next season because of the extra year of eligibility offer.

I had heard that KK and McCoy were going on with their lives!

I think I seen on KK social media that she will not be Back and yes Rennia is open to it and Keyen I would think would want to come back to increase her Stock if she wants any chance at WNBA and this would be great for TK and the Freshman Post coming in next year..
key should have stared and striplin is more ready to play than most she have keyen spot up the lineup before half season over.

i wonder how many more players we will see in the transfer portal. With everyone getting a free year and almost everyone having three to five freshmen coming in almost every team will have fifteen and some up to eighteen players that are eligible. At the moment it looks like Tennessee will be at 14 but I am sure Kellie would take a transfer if it were a person who was an AA. Tennessee has to upgrade the bench where we can go ten deep without losing anything on the court. You look at some of the other SEC rosters and they could have 18 in some cases and no way they will see any action. So I am looking for some rosters to really upgrade through transfers as well as incoming freshmen.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
i wonder how many more players we will see in the transfer portal. With everyone getting a free year and almost everyone having three to five freshmen coming in almost every team will have fifteen and some up to eighteen players that are eligible. At the moment it looks like Tennessee will be at 14 but I am sure Kellie would take a transfer if it were a person who was an AA. Tennessee has to upgrade the bench where we can go ten deep without losing anything on the court. You look at some of the other SEC rosters and they could have 18 in some cases and no way they will see any action. So I am looking for some rosters to really upgrade through transfers as well as incoming freshmen.

There will be a some big names in the transfer portal i think. Yes we need to upgrade the bench and that`s going to be very hard to do if TN wants to bring everyone back. I will be surprise to see Emily and Tess or Jess return. Look at UNC for example. They only have 3 seniors and in this past recruiting class they singed 5 players, Now in the class of 21 they bring in 4 of the top players in the country.

There will be a some big names in the transfer portal i think. Yes we need to upgrade the bench and that`s going to be very hard to do if TN wants to bring everyone back. I will be surprise to see Emily and Tess or Jess return. Look at UNC for example. They only have 3 seniors and in this past recruiting class they singed 5 players, Now in the class of 21 they bring in 4 of the top players in the country.
I think all 3 that you mention will actually return! Tennessee was 2 of the 3 dream school and the only way Jessie doesn't return (imo) is if she decides to stay overseas! With Kasi leaving Emily will see much more time her Junior year backing up TK, Tess will also (imo) see more time next season (she would probably see more time this year had it not been for the shin splints),

In my opinion, Kellie should encourage Rennia to go to the next level while she is projected to go as high as a Top 3 pick! What would be the purpose of her returning outside of potentially making a Final Four or winning a Championship. I don't see her game developing more in college. Only other reason I could see her wanting to return is for a shot at becoming the Lady Vols All Time Double Double leader.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
I think all 3 that you mention will actually return! Tennessee was 2 of the 3 dream school and the only way Jessie doesn't return (imo) is if she decides to stay overseas! With Kasi leaving Emily will see much more time her Junior year backing up TK, Tess will also (imo) see more time next season (she would probably see more time this year had it not been for the shin splints),

In my opinion, Kellie should encourage Rennia to go to the next level while she is projected to go as high as a Top 3 pick! What would be the purpose of her returning outside of potentially making a Final Four or winning a Championship. I don't see her game developing more in college. Only other reason I could see her wanting to return is for a shot at becoming the Lady Vols All Time Double Double leader.

I`m with you on Davis no need to stay she should just move on to the next level.

Reactions: mlindsay
I think Emily and Tess are definitely coming back..

I think Emily and Tess are definitely coming back..
tess was in top 60 as a softmore miss time born bruse. did not play summerball. if shin lower leg is better. do not if same injury from high school. she will be a backup or starter when she 100%

tess was in top 60 as a softmore miss time born bruse. did not play summerball. if shin lower leg is better. do not if same injury from high school. she will be a backup or starter when she 100%
e
emily will be backup ceter next year. she got a nice shot when she gets a shot she need minuets she not bad on denfence

Reactions: Memvol44

VN Store

Back