Seeding predictions???

utbasketballloft

i was wondering what everyones opinions are fr what seed UT will get come sunday. i had hoped that if we won the sec tourney we may bump up to a 5 as were projected as the last 6 now. Bruce Pearl said today if tennessee wins the sec tourney that the would be a 4 seed at worst!!! Seemed to be a ver bold prediction to me, but i figured he probably has more of an idea than i do. So with that said what are evyones projections for what seed we will end up with. IMO i will say a 5 seed.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

6 if we make it past first game of SECT, 4 if we win it, 7 or 8 if we lose our first game

Obviously i think it sets up best for us to make a run this week and grab a 4. But in the end i don't really think it matters much. Gotta win no matter who ya play. This is the most Jeckyll/hyde team i can remember watching.... They could make a nice run or flame out.

In reality, we should win our game on Friday no matter who we play. Most likely we lose on Saturday. I say that puts us at a 6 seed in the west. I think that we get a six due to our SOS and RPI, but getted shipped out west because we really don't deserve a six.

Depending on how we do in the SEC tourney, I'd say anywhere from 5-8. If we win the tourney more than likely a 5, maybe even as high as a 4, if we go one and done I see us being an 8.

I also am in the camp that says "7". I believe the national opinion of the SEC is very low (and rightfully so) and this will affect our seeding in the tourney.

Well, if you were responding to my thread, just above yours, then let me clarify. I think if we win the tourney we get a four.....win one and it's a 6 seed. However I was responding more to "and we will lose in the firsund. As a lifer fan, I can't grasp a smug, dry fan of said team so smuggly saying "why bother". The response appears to be from a very deeply depressed, negative fan (which would take the joy of following a team), OR, more likely a troll poser. :Bbiteme:

I think we are anywhere between a 5 and a 9. There is an outside chance at a 4 if we blow the doors off this tournament.

I think we are anywhere between a 5 and a 9. There is an outside chance at a 4 if we blow the doors off this tournament.

I am not a troll, or a "depressed" fan. I actually go to school here, and am a lifelong fan of Tennessee athletics. I am just a realist man, this year's team just isn't very good. I just don't see them being able to beat anyone in the tournament. Just stating my opinion, chill out.

Tennessee will be an easy 4 seed if they win the SEC tournament, a 5 if they lose to LSU and a six if they lose tomorrow to Auburn/to Mississippi State in the final.

VN Store

Back