Seed List

I think the most important point here is that there isn’t really an “easier” path to the 2nd weekend. We’re going to have to (for the first time all year) play 40 minutes of complete basketball in back to back games if we want to make a run.
I thought UT just played really well in back to back games. No, we didn't get the WIN, but that was 2 high quality games against 2 Tournament teams. If UT plays close to the way they did yesterday and Friday, they should make the Sweet 16.

Well, after watching 10 more minutes of Illinois, I still think they are a horrible match-up for UT. Would rather be in the Zags or Baylor's bracket, no doubt. Cockburn would kill us down low

I thought UT just played really well in back to back games. No, we didn't get the WIN, but that was 2 high quality games against 2 Tournament teams. If UT plays close to the way they did yesterday and Friday, they should make the Sweet 16.

We did play good against Alabama, but I am not going to go as far as saying we played a complete 40 minutes. We didn’t. We had a 15 point lead with less than 15 minutes to go. That’s a collapse. We didn’t play our style in the 2nd half and we let Alabama dictate the pace. We had an exorbitant number of 2nd half turnovers. I could go on.

You can’t win in March like that. If we want to win games next weekend, we have to play a FULL 40 minutes, not 25.

We did play good against Alabama, but I am not going to go as far as saying we played a complete 40 minutes. We didn’t. We had a 15 point lead with less than 15 minutes to go. That’s a collapse. We didn’t play our style in the 2nd half and we let Alabama dictate the pace. We had an exorbitant number of 2nd half turnovers. I could go on.

You can’t win in March like that. If we want to win games next weekend, we have to play a FULL 40 minutes, not 25.
The #6 team in the nation had a lot to do with that and UT got some bad breaks with how they called the game in the 2nd half. But good enough to beat most teams, now to make the Elite 8, yeah we need to play a complete 40 minutes

Reactions: Vol49er
FSU has the most length of any team in the country. If Fulky isn’t 100% we’d have to really hope our 3s are falling.
Tennessee could always fast break FSU like Georgia Tech did last night. FSU is a turnover machine and has 45 turnovers in the last two games.

The varying states of NCAA tournament Bracketology

Lunardi has changed his opponent for us, but not seed. New bracket has us with a 5/12 against Georgetown instead of Winthrop. I think his predictions are fairly favorable. I think Michigan is the weakest 1-seed. Florida State would be tough, but I'd rather face FSU than WVU or Purdue.
With the injury to Livers and the way Bama has looked, any chance Bama takes the #1 seed away from Michigan ?

Lunardi has changed his opponent for us, but not seed. New bracket has us with a 5/12 against Georgetown instead of Winthrop. I think his predictions are fairly favorable. I think Michigan is the weakest 1-seed. Florida State would be tough, but I'd rather face FSU than WVU or Purdue.

I don’t think we match up well with FSU.

They’re an extremely physical team.

WV would be a more balanced match up imo.

I’d take WVU of those 3. I have a feeling we will be a 6 and get stuck with 11 Syracuse for all our luck

Am I missing something on Purdue? I think we would match up really well against them. Way more athletic.

Reactions: Ericvol2096

VN Store

Back