See you in NY (hopefully). Zags v Vols in Jimmy V

Willing to hear listen, but I've yet to hear a compelling argument to cheer for the football team of one school, the basketball team of another, the baseball team of another, etc, etc, etc.

Some people just love to be a fan of a winner. Watch them disappear when "their team" starts to lose. People love winners (like many Bama fans that have come out of the wood work over the last 10 years or so. Or Clemson fans who are now loud and to here them tell it have always been for Clem, even though they can't even tell you where the place is located.

Willing to hear listen, but I've yet to hear a compelling argument to cheer for the football team of one school, the basketball team of another, the baseball team of another, etc, etc, etc.

Some people just love to be a fan of a winner. Watch them disappear when "their team" starts to lose. People love winners (like many Bama fans that have come out of the wood work over the last 10 years or so. Or Clemson fans who are now loud and to here them tell it have always been for Clem, even though they can't even tell you where the place is located.

TRIED TO DELETE THIS DOUBLE POST. CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW. SORRY:oops:

I’m ready to see lots of bandwagon Tennessee football fans soon. That’s a sign we are winning big and dangerous.

Reactions: cncchris33
I'll never understand multi-collegiate allegiances across sports.
It’s called a “ fair weather fan”. Not a true fan of any school or team. Always picks a winner in each sport. Surprised he didn’t pick kentsucky in basketball and Vanderbilt in baseball.

Reactions: vols 30
I grew up in Wisconsin cheering for the Badgers (and Packers, Bucks, Brewers....), but came to Tennessee and been a UT fan and alumni for years. Still root for both, Vols trumping the Badgers in the few times they've met. Following both to an extent has just given me opportunity to watch more games with a rooting interest.

Also, Vol fans should love the Badgers for 2015, if nothing else.

I totally get having multiple schools you pull for. It’s just the ones who cherry pick the sport by school that bother me. To each his own though I guess.

Go Zags!

(I'm a Gonzaga basketball fan)

giphy.gif

I totally get having multiple schools you pull for. It’s just the ones who cherry pick the sport by school that bother me. To each his own though I guess.
Yeah, I got no problem cheering for Wisconsin because you grew up there and were raised on it, and then also cheering for Tennessee because you're an alumnus.

I also have no problem if you have a primary school you cheer for, but a secondary school you cheer for in sports your primary school doesn't have. Say you are a men's soccer fan, but Tennessee doesn't have a men's soccer program, I see no issue with you pulling for whatever school strikes your fancy in men's soccer.

I just can't see being a Tennessee football fan and a Kentucky basketball fan.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Rutgers v Baylor in the other matchup is underwhelming. This should be a fun one though.
Jeff Goodman (ESPN) has Baylor ranked preseason #1, depending on Jared Butler and MaCio Teague returning to school. Rutgers returns their entire roster from last season and should be rather strong.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol

VN Store

Back