SEC's gap with the rest of college football keeps growing. Can anyone stop it?

Personally even as a SEC fan I do see this as a problem for the entire sport. Because it has just gotten ridiculous and the difference from UGA, Bama, and A&M from the rest of the SEC seems like a wide chasm too.

By design the SEC was at a disadvantage in matchups since they had 2 teams in the playoff. That meant two fewer teams to slot in automatic bids, thus Ole Miss was slotted against the Big 12 Champion. This had a ripple effect on down the line in many other bowls such as Outback, Citrus etc
You’re making my point, if the SEC was the dominant conference we all would like to think they are they would still win those games against other conference champs. Unfortunately, outside of Al and Ga our conference just isn’t as dominant as we’d like to think it is.

Reactions: hog88
Personally even as a SEC fan I do see this as a problem for the entire sport. Because it has just gotten ridiculous and the difference from UGA, Bama, and A&M from the rest of the SEC seems like a wide chasm too.
Excatly

What would be cause for excitement? Maybe the conference being in the title game year in and out for the last two decades? How many people have to tell you nicely that you’re wrong before you understand? Talent wins championships, talent equals wins in the win/loss column. No one really cares about anything else.
Are you as big of an idiot as you sound?

With Texas and OK joining we are heading toward superconferences. I could see what is left of the Big 12 being chopped up between the Pac 12 and the Big 10. The ACC will likely survive.

I am of the opinion that when Texas and Oklahoma get settled in, the SEC will dump the NCAA and be their own version of college football.
Football is simply not as important to people outside the SEC footprint.
The NFL will still be available to the metro market football fans.

VN Store

Back