Second Time Transfers

Interesting. This seems irreconcilable with the "athletes deserve the power and money" ethos that has fueled the upheaval of college sports. If you think players should be free to transfer and keep their eligibility, there's really no good argument I can see for artificially limiting the number of times they can transfer that doesn't also apply to the idea of the first free transfer.

It is a little funny to see people recoiling from what has happened to the sport though. "Oh we didn't think it would be this bad." Mmmhmm. If you say so.

Interesting. This seems irreconcilable with the "athletes deserve the power and money" ethos that has fueled the upheaval of college sports. If you think players should be free to transfer and keep their eligibility, there's really no good argument I can see for artificially limiting the number of times they can transfer that doesn't also apply to the idea of the first free transfer.

It is a little funny to see people recoiling from what has happened to the sport though. "Oh we didn't think it would be this bad." Mmmhmm. If you say so.
Chris Lofton agrees.

"Pay the consequences" with an exclamation mark seems a little harsh. But a few reasonable barriers to transfer free-for-all seems prudent.
Harsh? Hardly! These prima donnas who don’t want to follow program rules, play team ball, and who whine when they’re not getting enough playing time and become a team cancer aren’t entitled to anything. They want to pout, pack their things, wage social media wars and move to another school. The NCAA is giving them one free pass. After that, maybe it’s the athlete and not the school. It’s not nearly as bad in basketball as football right now, but it’s heading that way quickly.

Harsh? Hardly! These prima donnas who don’t want to follow program rules, play team ball, and who whine when they’re not getting enough playing time and become a team cancer aren’t entitled to anything. They want to pout, pack their things, wage social media wars and move to another school. The NCAA is giving them one free pass. After that, maybe it’s the athlete and not the school. It’s not nearly as bad in basketball as football right now, but it’s heading that way quickly.
…whooooooaaa. I’ll get off your lawn, just don’t shoot….
😂

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion on this matter. My opinion is that a college scholarship is privilege. Yes let a player transfer once, but do it wisely. Life can be difficult. Time to stop enabling lack of commitment.

Don't hold back now, tell me what you really think

Kind of what we expected to happen with this. We see players in the portal for the 4th and 5th time. I have no issue with one or two times, but there needed to be a limit set when this was first put in place. To not see the problem we have today, is like standing over an opened can of gasoline inside a tightly closed area with a lit match or torch and expecting nothing to happen with the rising vapors.

If you transfer more than once, it's not the schools or coaches it's typically the player. 3 schools in a eligibility window is pretty telling.

absolutely true in 99% of the cases I have been in connection with in my AAU/exposure days and even in my present day athletes.

the other 1% were/are players who have to have a particular coaching style/influence to be a success and simply cannot find the needed influence.

Case in point would be Annie Hayes.
She needs to be under a coach who's persona is stronger than hers.
There are very few of these types of coaches in the women's sect

Reactions: chuckiepoo
absolutely true in 99% of the cases I have been in connection with in my AAU/exposure days and even in my present day athletes.

the other 1% were/are players who have to have a particular coaching style/influence to be a success and simply cannot find the needed influence.

Case in point would be Annie Hayes.
She needs to be under a coach who's persona is stronger than hers.
There are very few of these types of coaches in the women's sect
there is always small exceptions. Some would argue Bru McCoy for and against it.

there is always small exceptions. Some would argue Bru McCoy for and against it.

My opinions and expertise is not in the realm of the male athlete

In 43 years of coaching I have coach one male team (in 1988, a church mens team) and one boy, a son of a friend who asked me work with his son who was very small but a very determined and a very good student of the game...that is my extent of working with males.

Players can have all sorts of legitimate reasons for wanting to transfer. The school is not right; their perspective has changed; they discover that their fit with a coach is less than they expected. Given that the LVs roster is now filled with transfers, this kind of vitriol toward transfer student-athletes seems I don't know, rude. The NCAA lets coaches switch jobs whenever opportunity knocks. Why should players be held captive to a "bad" situation. Other students can switch schools without being called self-entitled cancers. Why are student-athletes held to a different standard?

Players can have all sorts of legitimate reasons for wanting to transfer. The school is not right; their perspective has changed; they discover that their fit with a coach is less than they expected. Given that the LVs roster is now filled with transfers, this kind of vitriol toward transfer student-athletes seems I don't know, rude. The NCAA lets coaches switch jobs whenever opportunity knocks. Why should players be held captive to a "bad" situation. Other students can switch schools without being called self-entitled cancers. Why are student-athletes held to a different standard?

Don't loop me in a group that calls multiple transfers cancers. I did say 1%. These are athletes that struggle no matter where they go. Others when they find the right situation become the superstars they were meant to be

Don't loop me in a group that calls multiple transfers cancers. I did say 1%. These are athletes that struggle no matter where they go. Others when they find the right situation become the superstars they were meant to be

When are you going to learn that it ain't all about you? My post was directed at Lady Vol Guru (notice the quote that prefaced my comment). SMH

Reactions: glv98

VN Store

Back