SEC World Exposure Report Pre-Season Rankings

Gamecocks Earns Top Spot in SEC Women's Basketball WER Preseason Poll

Surprised we came in at #2, behind South Carolina of course.

1st Team All SEC - Rae
2nd Team All SEC - Jordan

Excited for the season to start! I do forgot Annie and her sisters are at Mississippi State now! The SEC should be fun!
I don't think Georgia will finish that low and Texas A&M lost a lot of scoring. The bottom half looks about right. I really think were in a battle for second with Georgia, Kentucky, and LSU. Ole Miss is going to be a really good team as well. Miss St has some talent have to see if the coaching gets it right this time.

Gamecocks Earns Top Spot in SEC Women's Basketball WER Preseason Poll

Surprised we came in at #2, behind South Carolina of course.

1st Team All SEC - Rae
2nd Team All SEC - Jordan

Excited for the season to start! I do forgot Annie and her sisters are at Mississippi State now! The SEC should be fun!

Also, Alexus Dye got preseason junior college transfer of the year.

Seems a little odd that Mississippi State got 2 players on first team, and 1 player on second team, as South Carolina did, but came out 5th in team preseason rankings.

Can’t wait for this season! GO LADY VOLS!

I think this season will definitely be a season of drama and excitement, Coach Mulkey at LSU, the Hayes sisters at A&M, and a Kentucky team that could and should be a factor. Right now I would put the Lady Vols at a strong #3 in the SEC, and just outside the top 10 in the country. This year should be a strong step towards national prominence from a competitive standpoint. GO LADY VOLS:)

I think this season will definitely be a season of drama and excitement, Coach Mulkey at LSU, the Hayes sisters at A&M, and a Kentucky team that could and should be a factor. Right now I would put the Lady Vols at a strong #3 in the SEC, and just outside the top 10 in the country. This year should be a strong step towards national prominence from a competitive standpoint. GO LADY VOLS:)

the hayes sisters are at miss st

S
I don't think Georgia will finish that low and Texas A&M lost a lot of scoring. The bottom half looks about right. I really think were in a battle for second with Georgia, Kentucky, and LSU. Ole Miss is going to be a really good team as well. Miss St has some talent have to see if the coaching gets it right this time.
so much slack and understanding was given Harper but none to another former Lady Vol! (Nikki) I guess trying to teach a whole new system your first year (summer) should be quite easily done???

Reactions: stlvolsfan
S
so much slack and understanding was given Harper but none to another former Lady Vol! (Nikki) I guess trying to teach a whole new system your first year (summer) should be quite easily done???
There was no slack given to Harper, only expectations to revitalize a program that was failing. Not sure what do you mean by that? I do believe you are speaking of Nikki Caldwell of Mississippi State, right? They went from a dangerous team of beating everyone they played in the country to not making the NCAA tournament within a year and their roster was still loaded with most of the players that were there when Vic Shaefer left. Kellie's first year at Tennessee, she lost many to transfer or injury, picked to finish 7th in the SEC yet finished 3rd, beat everyone they were supposed to, and finished with a 21 and 10 record. Very different first-year records between those two coaches and plus we beat Alabama for the first time in years. The difference between the two is that Tennessee had just come off its worst year in 3 Decades when Kellie arrived and Mississippi State was at the top of their game. Tennessee went in a positive direction while Mississippi state did not. Slack was not given to Kellie Harper. Only Expectations

S
Well the difference was quite obvious that Harper inherited a train wreck in performance and culture from the coach she replaced and I believe your talking about McCray inherited what was at the time the second best roster in the SEC from Vince and failed in year one to take that roster to where it should've been able to go. I agree she needs more time and looks like she is getting it so this year with somewhat of a lesser roster than what she inherited from Vince we'll see where it goes. Back to Harper expectations should've been lower in both year one and two, but now I can agree expectations should go up this year and certainly year four for what needs to happen here at Tennessee. I don't believe she will get the same understanding if the program does not move upward in the next two seasons. Patience is something any fanbase should have in the first couple seasons of a new coach then you have to start making it happen because although she has the majority of fan support now that can change quickly if progress is not continued to be made.

I have no idea what the hell "World Exposure Report" is, but someone should tell them Troy University isn't a junior college...

Takes two minutes to google and find out they are an information source about Women's College Basketball, and recruiting, among other things. I doubt they have any idea who the hell you are, either.

Well the difference was quite obvious that Harper inherited a train wreck in performance and culture from the coach she replaced and I believe your talking about McCray inherited what was at the time the second best roster in the SEC from Vince and failed in year one to take that roster to where it should've been able to go. I agree she needs more time and looks like she is getting it so this year with somewhat of a lesser roster than what she inherited from Vince we'll see where it goes. Back to Harper expectations should've been lower in both year one and two, but now I can agree expectations should go up this year and certainly year four for what needs to happen here at Tennessee. I don't believe she will get the same understanding if the program does not move upward in the next two seasons. Patience is something any fanbase should have in the first couple seasons of a new coach then you have to start making it happen because although she has the majority of fan support now that can change quickly if progress is not continued to be made.

^Vic ... but what you said was right on. I also believe patience is needed. I think Nikki will have a better season I just hope it's not against us! But her making the tourney this year would be a big step.

We are seeing some of those old habits wiped away for the betterment of the team. I am also excited to give the new coaches (asst) time to see how the develop players as more experienced P5 coaches.

^Vic ... but what you said was right on. I also believe patience is needed. I think Nikki will have a better season I just hope it's not against us! But her making the tourney this year would be a big step.

We are seeing some of those old habits wiped away for the betterment of the team. I am also excited to give the new coaches (asst) time to see how the develop players as more experienced P5 coaches.
I thought Harper did well enough in year one and two to keep the majority of fan support. Certainly expectations have to go up this season and certainly the next couple. I always said four seasons is the amount of time a coach gets to bring a program back to prominence with her system and recruits. I think it could go either way with Coach Harper certainly pulling for it to go in the right direction for her not at all disappointed at what she has accomplished thus far.

I thought Harper did well enough in year one and two to keep the majority of fan support. Certainly expectations have to go up this season and certainly the next couple. I always said four seasons is the amount of time a coach gets to bring a program back to prominence with her system and recruits. I think it could go either way with Coach Harper certainly pulling for it to go in the right direction for her not at all disappointed at what she has accomplished thus far.

Exactly, i agree. she had really gotten rid of some of the old ways that sunk the team and provided stability. We are in year 3 and i think we are seeing a difference. I think this next class we will see some "big named" recruits (although justine is getting recognition).

unfortunately we had to look for a new recruiting coordinator because she was basically collecting a lay raise and not earning it ... imma just say it. So i am intrigued on the energy coach sam and coach joy bring

I have no idea what the hell "World Exposure Report" is, but someone should tell them Troy University isn't a junior college...

WER is a commercial scouting service that tries to present itself as a “news service”.
It has one known staff member, CEO Donnie Woods. His credentials include being an assistant coach for women's BB at six different community colleges, each in a different state, over an eight year time span. He is so proud of the voters in his “poll” that he neglects to mention their (his?) names.

Caveat emptor.

WER is a commercial scouting service that tries to present itself as a “news service”.
It has one known staff member, CEO Donnie Woods. His credentials include being an assistant coach for women's BB at six different community colleges, each in a different state, over an eight year time span. He is so proud of the voters in his “poll” that he neglects to mention their (his?) names.

Caveat emptor.

Thanks. Quite the impressive resume, listen to this guy's opinion...

Reactions: brassie and olddog
Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Can't believe we're picked 5th. Wth. Did they watch last year?
I don't know how they put Georgia 9th and LSU 7th. Someone isn't paying attention to the extra year some of these players have. LSU is loaded with returnees from a team that played excellent defense and was a threat to everyone they played. They have like nine seniors because of the returnees and grad transfers. They will have both solid Guard play and Solid Post play and will lock teams down. Georgia returns almost everyone who competed for the SEC title last year and they are picked 9th smh. The SEC is gonna be fun to watch this year.

I don't know how they put Georgia 9th and LSU 7th. Someone isn't paying attention to the extra year some of these players have. LSU is loaded with returnees from a team that played excellent defense and was a threat to everyone they played. They have like nine seniors because of the returnees and grad transfers. They will have both solid Guard play and Solid Post play and will lock teams down. Georgia returns almost everyone who competed for the SEC title last year and they are picked 9th smh. The SEC is gonna be fun to watch this year.

I agree with you LSU will have solid guard play. The wild card in the backcourt will be Ryan Payne

Reactions: Dak1219
I hope Key looks at this and the light switch flips on! She has the potential to be on that list easily. She is the “key” factor in our ascent back to the top imo.
100 % agree, Real. That girl has loads of potential, just waiting to burst out. My coach used to tell us to "play with some piss and vinegar", before you'd get fired for it.

VN Store

Back