SEC Today

Don’t agree that Vic out coaches Staley. At all. If he did he would have more wins. I think the Gamecock defense is on a different level than it was when we played them earlier this year. Interested to see how we try to stop Rikea. Will be a good game for sure.

Don’t agree that Vic out coaches Staley. At all. If he did he would have more wins. I think the Gamecock defense is on a different level than it was when we played them earlier this year. Interested to see how we try to stop Rikea. Will be a good game for sure.
Last year notwithstanding, SC always had the more talented team. Vic did well to keep a lot of the games as close as he did.

This year is probably the closest they have had to equal teams, but SC has the edge on experience and I think that's what carried them over the edge last game. I'd be surprised if this is anything but another closely contested matchup.

Two very good teams that are great reps for the SEC.....I'm a fan of both coaches, and their fan bases are aces as well....Will be a fun game to watch.

The freshmen player named Rickea Jackson, that plays for State, will be a legend before she graduates....Best looking player I have seen in years....She plays like a guy, very fluid and extremely athletic...She alone could keep State as a yearly contender..Forget about it, she is a huge difference maker...
8820669.png

Last year notwithstanding, SC always had the more talented team. Vic did well to keep a lot of the games as close as he did.

This year is probably the closest they have had to equal teams, but SC has the edge on experience and I think that's what carried them over the edge last game. I'd be surprised if this is anything but another closely contested matchup.
South Carolina by 15.

Two very good teams that are great reps for the SEC.....I'm a fan of both coaches, and their fan bases are aces as well....Will be a fun game to watch.

The freshmen player named Rickea Jackson, that plays for State, will be a legend before she graduates....Best looking player I have seen in years....She plays like a guy, very fluid and extremely athletic...She alone could keep State as a yearly contender..Forget about it, she is a huge difference maker...
8820669.png

She is the best freshman in the country IMO.

Reactions: Prophet1

Agreed, very appropriate the clear two best teams in the conference are in the championship game. Hope MSU can pull the upset...

S.C has won 4 straight SEC titles (1st SEC team to do this)...I’m amazed at how fast Tennessee records left and right are falling.

Reactions: mcannon1
If I am picking a team today out of all the freshmen and sophomore players in the country, Jackson is my first pick.

Reactions: GameTime
If I am picking a team today out of all the freshmen and sophomore players in the country, Jackson is my first pick.

Stop. It's Boston, and it's not close. We knew South Carolina would be good this year, but I don't know that anyone expected them to be THIS good. The reason is Boston, and what sets her apart from Jackson is how she does it on BOTH ends of the court. SC's calling card is defense, and Boston is the anchor. In all the years I've watched women's basketball, I can't recall a freshman post player who was this advanced defensively her first year...

What is up with diffrrent color shoes on some of the S.C. players. Maybe that has been a thing and just have not noticed

Stop. It's Boston, and it's not close. We knew South Carolina would be good this year, but I don't know that anyone expected them to be THIS good. The reason is Boston, and what sets her apart from Jackson is how she does it on BOTH ends of the court. SC's calling card is defense, and Boston is the anchor. In all the years I've watched women's basketball, I can't recall a freshman post player who was this advanced defensively her first year...

You must have missed the Brittney Griner years then. As good as Boston is AND SHE IS A BEAST Griner SET the NCAA record for blocked shots in a season! She averaged 6.4 blocks per game compared to Boston’s 2.4 (which was behind even our Tamari Key). Boston does win the rebounding battle 9.2 to 8.5. Averaging 4 blocks more a game gives it to Griner for me... Plus people changed their offensive game plan to play Baylor back in those days a lot more threes were shot 😂

Reactions: NoBackBoard
You must have missed the Brittney Griner years then. As good as Boston is AND SHE IS A BEAST Griner SET the NCAA record for blocked shots in a season! She averaged 6.4 blocks per game compared to Boston’s 2.4 (which was behind even our Tamari Key). Boston does win the rebounding battle 9.2 to 8.5. Averaging 4 blocks more a game gives it to Griner for me... Plus people changed their offensive game plan to play Baylor back in those days a lot more threes were shot 😂

Boston does far more than Griner did as a freshman IMO! Griner is also four inches taller than aliyah. But Aliyah’s ability to communicate and dictate is what sets her apart from every other freshman. If you watch her in person you can see her talking and telling her teammates where to be on defense. She completely shut down Jessika Cater and Yemiyah Morris today. She’s probably the best freshman since Stewie and CP.

Reactions: Darth_Vol
Not just that, but her ball IQ is impressive for a freshman post. She reads the defense so well and knows not to force things inside. Her picking SC instead of UConn completely changed the results of this season.

Boston does far more than Griner did as a freshman IMO! Griner is also four inches taller than aliyah. But Aliyah’s ability to communicate and dictate is what sets her apart from every other freshman. If you watch her in person you can see her talking and telling her teammates where to be on defense. She completely shut down Jessika Cater and Yemiyah Morris today. She’s probably the best freshman since Stewie and CP.

well that’s not surprising she does more than Griner in your opinion your a S.C. fan 😂 I’m sure @BUBear might differ because they are a Baylor fan.

Again, I’m not taking anything away from Boston but I am also not going to take anything away from Griner who was one of the best women’s college players in NCAA history and that started with her freshman year. Also when watching Griner her evolution on help defense over her freshman season was a huge part of them getting to the final four her freshman season because she didn’t just use her 4inch height advantage she moved and tracked the ball to set the NCAA record for blocks in a season.

Reactions: BUBear

This. Griner was a unique phenom, but Boston is more intelligent and polished defensively than Griner was as a freshman. Those who can't recognize it are the same ones up in arms that Key didn't make the all defensive team for blocking a lot of shots...

Reactions: SCspur

The one thing I would say is Vic never had one McDonalds All American before he landed Jackson for this year That says a lot about his coaching ability to me

The one thing I would say is Vic never had one McDonalds All American before he landed Jackson for this year That says a lot about his coaching ability to me
Technically he had AEH last year, even if he didn't recruit her.

Next year, he will have 4 + 1 (Matharu) who probably should have been one. They will be a deep, strong team.

Stop being bias, she is in no way better than Stew or Candace,less alone Griner. Hell, UT shut her down and she wasn't a factor in UT losing , but I can name you two and she's not one of them

Reactions: BUBear

VN Store

Back