SEC Statement on Ole Miss / TN game [Sankey discussion]

So just to be clear. Say by some miracle, we were to beat Bama next week. And the cause for our win is an egregious missed call. Would it be ok with you if Bama fans threw a golf ball at Heupel? Or how about them throwing beer bottles and cans at us? That be ok?

Just to be clear, my position is that is impossible. It would never happen. There is zero chance if the game is even close at the end that we would get a close call against Bama.

Whoever asked for a hostile environment got it last night.

I know they didn’t mean to throw stuff in protest of bad calls and using fake injuries to get a chance to substitute players.

With facial recognition technology and technology in general, it's pretty easy to accurately levy a $1000 penalty and ban from future games for a period of time...I'd expect something like this coming from UT if not SEC. If the SEC fined Kentucky $250K for rushing the field, I'd expect something at least in this range for delaying the game for 20 min, and endangerment.

This isn’t the movies, facial recognition is no where close to that level. This season we’ve had at least 2 posts with HD pictures of people who used stolen credit cards in Neyland. If facial recognition software and a database of faces was at the level you think then the police would have used it to catch those thieves.

Reactions: Stonewall83
I would guarantee there’s a less than 0 percent chance that happens.
I wouldn't be so sure. Covid restrictions made empty stadiums the norm for awhile. Those in power would love to use that kind of control as punishment and now they have a precedent for how to do it. The woke administration would swallow it.

This technology can be afforded but a better camera angle of the Warren catch of the spot can not?
I was screamin at my friend sayin are these the only angles we have to look at? Is there not a side camera for yard line? Its 2021 for god sakes

Ur post is spot on

Teams get ripped off by bad officiating all the time, but their fans do not throw golf balls and act like animals at the end of the game. We look pretty sorry right now.
Golf Ball not Golf Balls. How many Road games have you ever attended. The worse is Florida ask the Tennessee families that had their cars (Tn Plates) with Vol Stickers burned in the parking lot and burglarized at the Swamp. Or the Georgia Fans that got Fired Hosed at Auburn. Mob Mentality ruins wild after the games at SEC schools. Every fan base has it JERKs. Hang around after the games. We are now the Example.

Wrong. They didn't have a camera angle on the other side? The guy is 6'6"and was over the line to gain. Even the pearl clutching Hubbs said it looked like he made it.
No you are wrong. If Warren had the ball in his right had when he stretched, he probably gets the first down. He had the ball at his hip in his left hand when he went down and it was short. Not a yard short as they marked it but it was definitely short. It’s where the ball is when his knee hit and not where his right hand was.

Reactions: Sarms58
Eh it’s no big deal though

It's really not a big deal. Fans that think it is are an even bigger problem than the idiots throwing things on the field. The SEC has been garbage forever, the fans should start a **** Greg Sankey chant every game. That's the appropriate response to this statement.

Eh it’s no big deal though

We’ll certainly get hit with a big fine and deservedly so. But I also hope Sankey has the nads to tackle the ridiculous fake “injury” situation. That was a big factor in the explosion that happened last night and it is coached by Kiffin. No question.

No you are wrong. If Warren had the ball in his right had when he stretched, he probably gets the first down. He had the ball at his hip in his left hand when he went down and it was short. Not a yard short as they marked it but it was definitely short. It’s where the ball is when his knee hit and not where his right hand was.
Unfortunately we don't have a camera angle so you are speculating. His sternum was over the line to gain when his knee touched down. That's what I saw.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Unfortunately we don't have a camera angle so you are speculating. His sternum was over the line to gain when his knee touched down. That's what I saw.

It was a close call that would have gone Bama or UGA or AU’s way. One would have to be naive to the fullest to believe otherwise.

Fan frustration, even if the reaction wasn’t, is completely justified and Sankey can EAD because he knows and doesn’t care.

Well since now the fans are the villains, probably should have did a long time ago what most of us were saying, don't show up. We might not have had to endure a 15 year long **** show if they weren't so loyal.. Gave this clown administration a excuse to continue being the worst in college football..

So just to be clear. Say by some miracle, we were to beat Bama next week. And the cause for our win is an egregious missed call. Would it be ok with you if Bama fans threw a golf ball at Heupel? Or how about them throwing beer bottles and cans at us? That be ok?

Can’t reason with most of these people. Coast to coast TN football is a laughing stock because of idiot fans…not lane kiffin or the officials.

Oh is the institution that screwed us going to try and screw us again because some of the fans got tired of being screwed?

Maybe worry more about how corrupt this conference has become or about how incompetent the officials are. UT fans throwing stuff is a direct result of one of it. Want it to stop? Stop screwing the Vols.

I agree that this makes everyone look bad. Folks are making light about hitting Kiffin but what if it hit him in the eye and blinded him?
What if he wasn’t an ******* who’s been provoking this fanbase for the last decade? Why not ask yourself that question?

VN Store

Back