SEC Starting Lineup

Karo can play against undersized posts but players like Boston(SC), Brink(stanford), Reese (LSU), Carter (msst) she will struggle to play against both offensively and defensively. I feel like for the team, it is more important to bring hollingsheed along. She got the size, speed, and shooting to be a great player.

I'd like to see Karo at the four.

Karo can play against undersized posts but players like Boston(SC), Brink(stanford), Reese (LSU), Carter (msst) she will struggle to play against both offensively and defensively. I feel like for the team, it is more important to bring hollingsheed along. She got the size, speed, and shooting to be a great player.

I think we will need both to replace Tamari

Powell
Horston
Jackson
Puckett
Hollingshead

I respect your take Jumper so this isn’t about you specifically but I think the fans are selling Striplin short. I really like her, always have. She did some really good things against Stanford and can actually score, but maybe I’m missing something. From a coach’s pov, what can she do to improve her game to deserve a starting spot?

I respect your take Jumper so this isn’t about you specifically but I think the fans are selling Striplin short. I really like her, always have. She did some really good things against Stanford and can actually score, but maybe I’m missing something. From a coach’s pov, what can she do to improve her game to deserve a starting spot?

grow 2-3 more inches

seriously, with Jillian's height, athleticism, if she gets proper training she will be on "Brink's" level
I like Karo,,,she plays great against bigger girl's bc of her footwork, anticipation and skillset.
Jillian is smooth and very mobile.
Both are very good passers, both can pass in the hi-lo and can pass to shooters on a kickouts
Jillian handles the ball like a guard, Karo handles the ball like a PF.
Karo is not a shot blocker, Jillian is and therein is the difference that makes me put her as a starter over Karo

Seriously, right now I truly would choose between Karo and Jillian strictly by who they would be defending. That said Karo would most likely get my nod. She meshes with Puckett and has better deep-paint scoring moves.

On offense, against a face to face one on one defender at the arc,, give me Jillian,, she plays wider and can go around her defender.
On offense, back to the basket in the neutral zone give me Karo she is much more powerful and has a better post-skillset.

On defense in the neutral zone give me Karo
Guarding a player like Brink at the arc,,,neither one,,I'd put RJ or JH on her out there and sacrifice the heighth for the perimeter defensive skills.

I would like to have Jillian for one summer..I'd teach her a jumphook with a reverse-pivot fade as a counter and work on her first-step on attacks,,,I'd teach her how to move (fwd, bkwd and laterally). Right now, even though she is athletic, she moves "lanky". This can befixed. Taller girls tend to think willowy arms and willowy movement makes them intimidating..Nope...Compact movement, lower-body control and horizontal span is what makes a big "big" when defending on the perimeter

I thought Karoline did a great job on defense vs Stanford and she’s a little ahead of Jill defensively

IMO Horston is not ideal at PG. Can she run the offense efficiently when the team is so dependent on her to score? I think the rest of the team would be standing around watching her too much, and we stand around a bit too much already.

Powell
Horston
Jackson
Puckett/Striplin
Hollingshead

Striplin or Puckett off the bench + Suarez, Franklin and Walker (who plays too much and never well when it matters).

IMO Horston is not ideal at PG. Can she run the offense efficiently when the team is so dependent on her to score? I think the rest of the team would be standing around watching her too much, and we stand around a bit too much already.

Powell
Horston
Jackson
Puckett/Striplin
Hollingshead

Striplin or Puckett off the bench + Suarez, Franklin and Walker (who plays too much and never well when it matters).

Marta is like cowbell.......we need more!

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Walker - we need her fire to start the game vs Powell’s passiveness

Jordy - I just think we gotta our best chances forward and Tess will still get her minutes

Rickea - smooth as butter

Sara - she’s playing very well and is the floor stretcher in this lineup

Jillian - she’s bigger/faster and has come a long way already but Karo gets her minutes as well.

Powell/Tess/Marta/Franklin/Karo still get between 12-17 mpg maybe more depending on matchups/fouls/bad games etc

Also re: Jessica Darby
She’s improved a ton on the defensive end. I want her to become more comfortable as an all around basketball player. Imo think LVFL Brittany Jackson instead of Shanna Zolman because Tess does have that dog in her. Shanna was a willing/confident/capable participant on the offensive end.

Striplin was one of the nations leading scorers out of high school. She can put the ball in the bucket, but defensively she still struggles a bit not only in foot speed but size at the 5. Now I will say, out of all of our posts, she always and consistently tries to do everything right, i.e., positioning, posting, footwork, boxing out. More game experience and she is a solid 5 that can step out and hit the 3.

Striplin was one of the nations leading scorers out of high school. She can put the ball in the bucket, but defensively she still struggles a bit not only in foot speed but size at the 5. Now I will say, out of all of our posts, she always and consistently tries to do everything right, i.e., positioning, posting, footwork, boxing out. More game experience and she is a solid 5 that can step out and hit the 3.

Karo is dope. She can and should get minutes at the 4&5 positions. I would also throw out I would actually not be surprised to see Marta start at the 5. But whatever it is we need consistency and FAST

I'm not a fan of JH at the point position. This has been tried several times over the years and has been deterimintal to both the team and Jordan every time. Turnovers get into JH's head instantly, and not in a good way. She deserves not to be put back into that situation.

The LVs are currently at a 3 game all time low, let me repeat, all time low, in turnovers Plus have far more assisted baskets and better ball movement than we've seen in years. Powell is in the top 5 in the SEC in total assists and a/t.o. What part of that calls for removing her? I'm not sure why Walker has been, or would ever start over Powell, but whatever the reason, btw the two of them for once offense is not the problem. Especially if we get RJ back to speed. The 4th qtr problem at Stanford was hitting shots, not getting shots.

All that said, I do fear we may actually see JH at point bc apparently that may be her position in the WNBA. I hope not.

My starters are Powell, Hortson, Jackson, Puckett, Hollingshead. Depending on matchups and other situational, alot of Franklin and Striplin through 4 and 5. Darby as defenses allow open 3s, Walker in spot relief of Powell, with strict orders not to do the kamikize drive. Marta in specific spots where aggression is needed, under same restrictions as Walker.

I'm not a fan of JH at the point position. This has been tried several times over the years and has been deterimintal to both the team and Jordan every time. Turnovers get into JH's head instantly, and not in a good way. She deserves not to be put back into that situation.

The LVs are currently at a 3 game all time low, let me repeat, all time low, in turnovers Plus have far more assisted baskets and better ball movement than we've seen in years. Powell is in the top 5 in the SEC in total assists and a/t.o. What part of that calls for removing her? I'm not sure why Walker has been, or would ever start over Powell, but whatever the reason, btw the two of them for once offense is not the problem. Especially if we get RJ back to speed. The 4th qtr problem at Stanford was hitting shots, not getting shots.

All that said, I do fear we may actually see JH at point bc apparently that may be her position in the WNBA. I hope not.

My starters are Powell, Hortson, Jackson, Puckett, Hollingshead. Depending on matchups and other situational, alot of Franklin and Striplin through 4 and 5. Darby as defenses allow open 3s, Walker in spot relief of Powell, with strict orders not to do the kamikize drive. Marta in specific spots where aggression is needed, under same restrictions as Walker.

dang, glv..we're two for two...good post

Tonight's game should provide good matchups for Karo and Franklin.

Su should also be able to play bully ball which I like

karoline 594 % fg jill 610 % .016 not much between centers on fg% jill leads by a nose but karoline shots more non no charge zone shots both will get their mins in sec. karoline has got the chance to play she not going lose it. nice see them play same time but fouls worrys might stop that only two vols have with center bodies.

karoline 594 % fg jill 610 % .016 not much between centers on fg% jill leads by a nose but karoline shots more non no charge zone shots both will get their mins in sec. karoline has got the chance to play she not going lose it. nice see them play same time but fouls worrys might stop that only two vols have with center bodies.
would be nice to see them at same time. But, I think we need to rotate the two as you say. Gives us ten fouls between them. Against taller SEC girls, we will need all ten of those fouls.

VN Store

Back