SEC Shorts: yep...pretty much sums it up!

So your symptoms are:
1. inflated hope
2. festering losing streak
3. fan fatigue?

Yep, you are still Tennessee

And...there is no cure for that...I checked.
``

Da truth hoitz!:( :D

It's easy for them to make fun of everyone, they have 20-20 hind-sight vision.

It is still funny and mostly accurate, except for the TN part, that is totally wrong and out of step with reality

We're the biggest joke in the SEC outside of Vandy. And hell, at this point, I wouldn't be surprised if we lose to Vandy even.

Probably bigger than Vandy. They’ve never really done anything and have accepted the role as the academic doormat for the conference. We’ve pumped millions into our program, recruited well, and still suck. Love him or hate him I wonder what Kiffin would be doing this year if he had our offensive line? The one loaded with 5 stars who are poorly coached.

We're the biggest joke in the SEC outside of Vandy. And hell, at this point, I wouldn't be surprised if we lose to Vandy even.
We’re a bigger joke than Vandy at this point because we used to be good. Everyone loves to pile on someone’s fall from grace, and ours has been a long and hard fall.

Probably bigger than Vandy. They’ve never really done anything and have accepted the role as the academic doormat for the conference. We’ve pumped millions into our program, recruited well, and still suck. Love him or hate him I wonder what Kiffin would be doing this year if he had our offensive line? The one loaded with 5 stars who are poorly coached.
Yeah I agree

Reactions: rocketskates
Loved the LSU short.. No dialog, just a flat line tone... 🤣

I fully expect to lose out. This team is as bad as anything Dooley or Butch put on the field.

Unfortunately I see it the same way. Vandy is actually getting better just in time to embarrass us.

You can never call the bottom on the way down.
True! Reaching bottom is simple and easy to identify once reached . Reaching bottom is simply when you stop digging . That is an applicable principle for people , businesses , and even former powerhouse football programs .

Painful question is not only when but IF The University of Tennessee is ready to put down the damn shovel!

It’s interesting how the teams that dominated my childhood like Tennessee, Florida State, Nebraska, USC, Michigan... all have been the doormats of the modern football era.
I get your point JBV but I have to slightly disagree . I obviously do not your age (I am 42) but I’m guessing by the teams that you named that you are
relatively close to the same age as I am.

I agree that except for a few decent years with 9 wins &convincing bowl wins achieved by the legs of Josh Dobbs , the constant motor running of Derek Barnett, the balls of steel of Jennings plus some other talented players -vs- overhyped Big10 schools achieved in spite of having a buffoon as a HC that TN has by and large been a doormat for over a decade . It goes back further than that but the formerly mighty Vols did not achieve doormat status until the Derek Dooleys reign of error . Nebraska is in a similar position .

Where I take slight issue with your statement is about FSU , Michigan & USC. I agree that those 3 programs could currently be classified as door mats but from 2010 -2019 Michigan had 3 10 win seasons & 1 11 win season with appearances in the Sugar , Orange & Peach bowls.

USC has 3 10 win & 1 11 win season in that same time frame with appearances in the Rose & Cotton Bowls.

FSU has 3 10 win seasons , 1 12 win season , 1 13 win season & 1 14 win season which culminated in an appearance & win in the BCS championship game for a National title . Other bowl appearances where 2 Peach bowls , 2 orange bowls & 1 Rose bowl.

Respectively UM, USC & FSU might be approaching the level of castrated ineptitude that has befallen our beloved Volunteers but they have not fallen as far as UT & Nebraska yet.

VN Store

Back