SEC Shorts hits us!!!

THat was pretty good. And spot on. Had both teams nailed perfectly for week 3 woes. Course we had Week 2 woes against APSU that should be far more concerning than how we played UF.

Probably the last thing i ever thought id need to worry about under Heupel was bring able to score points against bad/mediocre teams. Yet here we are….again.
Honestly, I'm shocked at our coaching staff in general. The defense was awful. Secondary in particular stunk. Extremely poor tackling. If they trot Hadden out there AGAIN, it's indefensible. Just can't wrap my head around being in year 3 with Heupel and having no answers on the OL. Finally, Heupel and Co. hitched their star to Joe Milton after seeing him for multiple seasons. Inconceivable that they really thought he'd somehow, someway be the answer in this offense. Since Milton can't run it I wonder if Heupel will just slow everything down and play a more conventional offense? Can Heupel do that or is he married to his "system" even though the parts aren't there to run it? They always say that good coaches alter what they run to fit their talent. I'll be curious to see what Heupel does going forward.

Not the best one. Sometimes it's obvious when they didn't watch the games. This feels like they watched the Bama game and not the UT game. So many obvious things from the game they could've picked on and instead they just went with a generic 'offense' theme, but they were much more specific on Bama.

Reactions: LadyVolette
I thought we were past getting mocked every week, but i expect many more this season. How many games would we have won last year scoring 16 points. And getting gashed on D?

This team might have guys with incredible physical attributes but it’s glaringly obvious that we’re severely lacking with the mental side of things. It’s time for Nico.

Honestly, I'm shocked at our coaching staff in general. The defense was awful. Secondary in particular stunk. Extremely poor tackling. If they trot Hadden out there AGAIN, it's indefensible. Just can't wrap my head around being in year 3 with Heupel and having no answers on the OL. Finally, Heupel and Co. hitched their star to Joe Milton after seeing him for multiple seasons. Inconceivable that they really thought he'd somehow, someway be the answer in this offense. Since Milton can't run it I wonder if Heupel will just slow everything down and play a more conventional offense? Can Heupel do that or is he married to his "system" even though the parts aren't there to run it? They always say that good coaches alter what they run to fit their talent. I'll be curious to see what Heupel does going forward.
Agree...and good post.

I will say that our big advantage with less talent is our being able to go warp speed to created mismatches and our element of surprise....Without that....and the talent we have we are in big trouble IMO. As in what we saw Saturday night in trouble.

Reactions: DixieVol
If I'm Florida I am painting "Swap Vodoo" up on one of those walls inside the stadium.

Even though we were part of the butt of that joke and it hit close to home I still enjoyed that one.

Last edited:
Reactions: DixieVol

VN Store

Back