SEC Regular Season Champions 2023-2024, Tennessee Volunteers !

It’s suppose to hurt when you loose; I believe these players all despise the thoughts of it!
The win tonight takes all the pressure off. Now this team can play loose and not like a team with something to lose.

1941-42 Vols vs Kentucky in the SEC. For some reason the SEC site lists Kentucky as the champions. Another site lists co-champions. But Tennessee was 7-1 in SEC play vs 6-2 for Kentucky. View attachment 625406View attachment 625404

Weird. Maybe since the attack on Pearl Harbor happened mid-season some teams shut it down.

Weird. Maybe since the attack on Pearl Harbor happened mid-season some teams shut it down.
We played out the season. We beat Kentucky 46-40 in Knoxville in January and lost to them in Lexington in February. But they also lost to Alabama that season and that loss in Lexington was our only SEC loss.

I think 1942 counts (though I was a couple generations from being born) but it seems like a season a bit like Covid…..some schools played it out, some didn’t….so I think you can make a very valid argument for 11 or 12.

I think 1942 counts (though I was a couple generations from being born) but it seems like a season a bit like Covid…..some schools played it out, some didn’t….so I think you can make a very valid argument for 11 or 12.
Due to the Pearl Harbor attack, many students, high school and college, dropped out of school and enlisted. This probably explains the why some schools continued to play and others didn't. Some perhaps finished the season and then enlisted.

Love it. Imagine if we didn’t drop that first USCjr game. Not complaining because on any given day a team can be hot and another team cold. It’s going to happen. Luckily we are not suffering the scoring droughts we have in prior seasons.

VN Store

Back