SEC OFFICIAL NANCE [bumps Barnes]

Barnes should press assault charges

I have no idea how Knox County/Knoxville treats physical harassment of coaches by sports officials but ime in the SMSA Atlanta, Memphis and SW Florida, no charge unless there is a very grievous offense. If the sports official physically harasses a coach, then we have an interested judiciary.

For the most part, sports officials are considered less-than-equal mainly b/c they are being paid. I know, makes no sense but that is the facts, Jack, er, Russ.

Own an sports officials organization. Have officials and former officals calling at all levels and all major sports.

Scheduling is the priority issue. Officials get sick, take vacations, family emergencies, etc. Pulling an official from geography X to geo Z on short notice may be unavoidable. This isn't the same as Employee A walking down the hall to do Empoyee B's daily.

It's a nightmare.
So now we know who to blame! You need to hire more employees and add vision care to your insurance plan.
Seriously, the biggest problem I see is that there are too few officials and as a result they get too much air time which is fueling their egos.
We shouldn't even know refs are there. I'm not sure the game wouldn't be better if the players called their own game. Video would only come into play before a throw down.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
So now we know who to blame! You need to hire more employees and add vision care to your insurance plan.
Seriously, the biggest problem I see is that there are too few officials and as a result they get too much air time which is fueling their egos...

They used to list the officials but that got to be a bit perilous :) I don't think anyone knows who is 'on call' until they show out the dressing room door - supposedly. If the SEC officials are like any other org, then they limit the numbers to increase the per game count for each official.

They used to get travel expenses but I believe that is gone to a set fee (depending on where you live; more in CA, less in TN) so you can see that the number of truly available officials per region can be quite small. Who is going to want the air or driving expense if you live in near Texas A&M and need to get to Gainesville?

Last edited:
Last season after the pictures came out of Anthony Jordan posting 'Geaux Tigers' on social media a couple of years earlier, he seemingly disappeared from the officiating scene. I could be wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if something similar happens with Mike Nance, at least for a couple of weeks or so.

Last season after the pictures came out of Anthony Jordan posting 'Geaux Tigers' on social media a couple of years earlier, he seemingly disappeared from the officiating scene. I could be wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if something similar happens with Mike Nance, at least for a couple of weeks or so.
That guy should never ref another game in the SEC. He crossed a line and has no business being a ref.

Reactions: Orange Maniac
Has Nance been, fired, suspended, reprimanded, forced to apologize, fined, told to pay for his own nachos and cokes? Just checking.

Reactions: GhostVol
Has Nance been, fired, suspended, reprimanded, forced to apologize, fined, told to pay for his own nachos and cokes? Just checking.
Unreal that this has still not been addressed or even acknowledged by the SEC office.

Reactions: Zues1

Nothing will change, unless Barnes starts overreacting to these incidents. What was the SEC's stance on Anthony Jordan?

He was taken off the Kentucky game last Tuesday because of the incident. I’m not sure if he has lost other assignments. Actually had forgot about this until today.

Reactions: Zues1
He was taken off the Kentucky game last Tuesday because of the incident. I’m not sure if he has lost other assignments. Actually had forgot about this until today.

He didn't do an SEC game on Saturday.

Our good friend Anthony Jordan is back doing SEC games though. Just astonishing.

VN Store

Back