SEC Network???

Kinger

Does the SEC Network programming frustrate anyone else? On Friday night, Tennessee vs. Tennessee Tech LIVE basketball game is on the SEC Alternate channel and there are no live sports on the regular SEC Network. I realize that this might not matter to a lot of people but where I live in Illinois, I don't have access to the alternate channel and have to watch on the computer via Watch ESPN.

It seems to me that the network would want to show live sports whenever possible instead of other programming.

Does the SEC Network programming frustrate anyone else? On Friday night, Tennessee vs. Tennessee Tech LIVE basketball game is on the SEC Alternate channel and there are no live sports on the regular SEC Network. I realize that this might not matter to a lot of people but where I live in Illinois, I don't have access to the alternate channel and have to watch on the computer via Watch ESPN.

It seems to me that the network would want to show live sports whenever possible instead of other programming.
If you can do it on a computer, you can do it on your TV, if it is a smartTV connected to your internet service that is. Download the ESPN app on the TV.

Reactions: Boca Vol

I agree, that makes no sense. I'm sure if it was kentucky, florida or bama it would be on the main channel. Seems like all of their games are televised somewhere.

Reactions: feathersax
If you can do it on a computer, you can do it on your TV, if it is a smartTV connected to your internet service that is. Download the ESPN app on the TV.

Or firestick or a Roku.....heck, firesticks are like 17.00 right now on Amazon

Reactions: Mikevol1964

Get either chrome cast, a fire stick, an Apple tv, or a Roku and this would solve your issue.

Im in Illinois - I have Xfinity and just checked for the TTU game and it shows up on the list on my TV - downside is it cant be dvr'ed up until this year I always had to watch alt on my laptop (all those worthless channels Xfinity has and they cant add the alt channel to the package)

$$$$

Im in Illinois - I have Xfinity and just checked for the TTU game and it shows up on the list on my TV - downside is it cant be dvr'ed up until this year I always had to watch alt on my laptop (all those worthless channels Xfinity has and they cant add the alt channel to the package)

We have WOW internet service where I live. I feel stupid that I never knew that my tv had the ESPN app on it.

Reactions: Lane Train 4
We have WOW internet service where I live. I feel stupid that I never knew that my tv had the ESPN app on it.
I didnt know it either until my brother mentioned it about a month ago - he always watches Bradley and Illinois basketball games

I'm showing it as SEC+, which is different than SEC Alt. SEC+ is streaming.

It is indeed SEC+ as opposed to SECAlt, but I feel like I'm taking crazy pills because I could have sworn that the game had been listed on UTSports as being at 8 p.m. on the SEC Network for the last few weeks.

Thats not the point he is making
UT vs Tech is not even a medium market game, especially in Illinois. Only die-hards of each team would watch, especially on a Friday night. It does not appeal to casual team fans, or even your typical basketball fan. They think other programming would make more money, simple as that.

Reactions: cardvolfan
It is indeed SEC+ as opposed to SECAlt, but I feel like I'm taking crazy pills because I could have sworn that the game had been listed on UTSports as being at 8 p.m. on the SEC Network for the last few weeks.
It was listed that way just a few days ago. I guess they keep changing based on various factors.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol

VN Store

Back