SEC Inside...WTF

When the game is a 1-4 team vs a 3-2 team...gotta get creative. It was a little interesting.
I agree it was interesting and would not be opposed to a whole episode focused on a behind the scenes for the officials, but to do it during our episode was kind of disappointing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vol524
Yea I was like wtf let's show the refs instead of the football teams. Literally nobody gives a **** about that lol

Anyone watch SEC Inside featuring TN vs. Ms St? Half the episode was focused on the officials instead of us. I thought the whole point of this show was to showcase the home team. Maybe it's just me, but that seems like a slight from the SECN.
Try watching the 7th and 8th episodes of the historical perspective of SEC in the 90s and early 2000s, Saturday’s in the South on the SEC Network. You’ll think Tennessee isn’t even a member of the conference and that all that great Vol football never happened. It’s all about Florida primarily and some Alabama and LSU and even South Carolina thrown in for good measure.

Last edited:
They did kind of lay it out in the beginning that it was going to focus on the refs. But I did think it was a good show. Always nice to get a behinds the scene peak at team, how they are working, etc.

Anyone watch SEC Inside featuring TN vs. Ms St? Half the episode was focused on the officials instead of us. I thought the whole point of this show was to showcase the home team. Maybe it's just me, but that seems like a slight from the SECN.

We're not a glamorous program anymore so disrespecting us is the norm now.

Try watching the 7th and 8th episodes of the historical perspective of SEC in the 90s and early 2000s, Saturday’s in the South on the SEC Network. You’ll think Tennessee isn’t even a member of the conference and that all that great Vol football never happened. It’s all about Florida primarily and some Alabama and LSU and even South Carolina thrown in for good measure.

Really? I thought Tennessee got some nice run with Peyton and the national championship year. Florida was more significant to that decade than the Vols. I hate to say it, but they were. I was expecting to get completely left out, but we didn't. This was the 6th episode which covered the 90's, maybe you are referring to the next one.

The 80's didn't hardly mentioned the Vols, which I found odd.

I still have the 2000's to watch.

Reactions: FBtime and 08Vol

Hell, the whole thing is one big homage to Bama. They can't go 3 minutes without going back to Tuscaloosa...Auburn a distant 2nd and the rest of the conf. is an afterthought.

Definitely should've done the refs during a Bammer segment

Ive watched the entire series, thus far. They have tried to cover every school somewhat but lets be frank, after 1998, there hasnt been alot of glory to celebrate around UT Football. That is the period they are covering now. Last night was a Saban/TEbow love fest so I had to leave after the first half of it.

Things that I think they should have covered regarding UT football but failed are:

1) first artificial turf game in NCAA history GA vs Tennessee in 1968 and all of the story behind that

2) 1985 Tennessee beats #1 Auburn and Bo Jackson (never mentioned that game in the Bo segment)

3) 2001 Tennessee Florida game in Gainesville ( never mentioned SOS losing his last game in the Swamp in the SS segment)

4) 2001 SECCG vs LSU (never mentioned it in the saban/LSU segment)

Reactions: gisman and 08Vol
I only have the 80's and beyond. Nothing from the earlier episodes. I have DISH and can't find the earlier ones OnDemand anywhere. I heard the Gen Neyland episode was a really good one. I've DVR'd all episodes, hoping to catch it on a replay somewhere, but if anyone knows the OnDemand location, please pass it on. Didn't know about this series until after it was shown.

They've taken a different angle this year and made the episodes about the game, rather than one team. The episodes were pretty boring last year when the team they followed all week lost. So each episode has followed the two teams and a third element for the week. It was a band member one week, the TV crew one week, the officials this week. Not a slight, just different this year from years past.

Reactions: 08Vol

Not me. SouthPark was just too tempting.

VN Store

Back