SEC football uniforms ranked

I like the classic looks. I'd have UT and bama #1 & #2. L.S.U., UF, AU rounding out the top five.

1. TN, lose the checkerboard stripe.
2. LSU, glad they lost the gold unis.
3. Arkansas has some flair.
4. Kentucky has clean unis.
5. Bama, like wearing Dickie's to a work site.
6. Florida, orange helmet with white uni or orange jersey with white helmet. The rest suck so much more.
7. Vanderbilt lose the chain.
The rest are just too ugly to continue.

Auburn and UGA both ugly.

I always liked Auburn’s uniforms. Don’t like the white helmets.

Always liked Georgia and Ole Miss home uniforms, but don’t like white on grey road uniforms.

Don’t like lsu’s. Actually prefer the purple jersey which puts me in the minority.

I don’t like Alabama’s helmet and think their uniforms are boring, yet respect the fact that they don’t have alternate uniforms or do something idiotic like come out in all crimson.

With regard to Florida, I like the regular home uniform and dig the helmets. I hate when they come out in some alternate thing that Nike designers came up with after having a three day bender with Gary Busey. But, their regular home and away uniforms, I like.

I liked when Arkansas played at AT&T stadium in Dallas and wore unis that paid homage to the Cowboys......giggidy. I also like that one time UGA wore shiny black britches during the Robert Edwards era.

My wife is the clothes-smart person in our duo, so i'll forward this thread to her.

Hold on, she's not a football fan.

Hmm.

Okay, never mind. I just wanna see someone get ran over.

Tennessee, Auburn, LSU, Alabama, and Georgia are my top 5. After that, there’s a drop to Florida (only their home ones with white pants...their alternates are terrible and the road ones are bleh).

Vandy is last, Missouri is 2nd to last. Black is not a color, it’s the absence of light.

I don’t get the Ole Miss hangup. Yes, the baby blue helmets are a nice alternative to their normal ones, but the script lettering looks cheesy and outdated.

Tennessee, Auburn, LSU, Alabama, and Georgia are my top 5. After that, there’s a drop to Florida (only their home ones with white pants...their alternates are terrible and the road ones are bleh).

Vandy is last, Missouri is 2nd to last. Black is not a color, it’s the absence of light.

I don’t get the Ole Miss hangup. Yes, the baby blue helmets are a nice alternative to their normal ones, but the script lettering looks cheesy and outdated.
Have to disagree on the black...Raiders have one the most iconic uniforms in all sport. Silver and Black is hard to beat.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
TN
Bama
LSU
AU

The rest are average. I actually like Maryland and Oregon’s uniforms, Just hope TN stays far away from those “latest fashion fad” uniforms.

Tennessee, Kentucky, and Georgia (black and red) are my favorites in the SEC. Florida easily has the worst colors/uniforms in the country. The rest are meh.

Outside of the SEC, can't beat Carolina blue. Sharp uniforms in any combination, but I really like these.
quinshad-davis-ncaa-football-miami-north-carolina.jpg

Reactions: VOLCENTS1985
LSU, Auburn, and Florida are my top 3.

And I really don't get the infatuation with Ole Miss' powder blue helmets.

Auburn and Ole Miss I can see an argument for. But anyone that actually thinks UF, UGA, Bama and LSU are above us are either fans of that school or theyve lost their minds. Especially UF...simply attrocuious outside their all Whites with and F logo. That script Gators crap belongs on a baseball uniform, not a football helmet.

The official legit list fellas.

1. Tennessee. Let's be real, I have bias. BUT I'd like to think even if I didn't have bias I'd love UTs uniforms. Simply put, it's the only combination in sports that is truly unique and not replicated that actually looks good. You can't go wrong with the classic home look and the all white aways look so sharp. I get that people have a soft spot for the orange pants, but honestly they don't work that well to me.

2. Auburn. Just clean. Their all white away unis are top notch. Their colors just mesh well and they know it.

3. Ole Miss. You could throw together any color combination from their pallet and I think it'd look good. Their Navy, Gray, Red and occasionally powder blue colors just always compliment each other.

4. LSU. Good.

5. UGA. Red is boring but UGA does it somewhat well. The silver pants set them apart a bit.

6. Texas A&M. They've taken one of the ugliest colors (aka maroon) and somehow made it look kinda good. Kudos. Plus they have an awesome logo, let's be honest. Top 10 logo in all of sports if you ask me.

7. Arkansas. If you're going to go a red, I'd pick cardinal like the Hawgs. Best shade of red imo.

8. Kentucky. Kentucky is clean when they keep black and silver out of their uniforms. White helmet, blue jersey, and white pants. For away, blue helmet, white jersey, blue pants. The black and silver options arent bad looking, but it's just not needed.

9. Alabama. They look like used tampons as crimson is a color that is truly an eyesore but I can respect keeping it traditional tbh. Even though numbers don't belong on helmets anymore, that's keeping it way too traditional.

10. Missouri. Black and Yellow is hard to mess up tbh but they have found a way by actually wearing a yellow jersey occasionally .You use yellow for the highlight color always, everyone knows this.

11. Florida. Here it is. Look UF, your color combination is just boring to be frank. Boise State pulls it off way better. They don't have the nerve to put script writing on a helmet. The heck? Lose the inferior generic orange, keep it blue and white and add a F or a gator logo on that helmet. Then you'd be in the top 5 easy.

12. Vanderbilt. Gold and black is a solid combination, but Vandys uniforms are just so high school though. They seem to also be moving away from gold the past few years so they literally wear black and white sometimes. Now that is boring.

13. Black and Garnet. Gag. Enough said.

14. Miss St. Maroon is an ugly color. They do not accomplish what A&M does by making it look acceptable. Then they want to occasionally throw silver in the uniforms, just why. Silver and Maroon never belong together.

MSXXUM7074A%20(6).jpg

IF they weren't so worried about making people cry....these would be the best!

Visions of John Fourcade and his cut-off tear away jersey running through my brain.:oops:

And in case anyone is curious, the WORST in all college football is The Oregon ducks.

MSU and A&M are literally the same thing to me. They suck.

Taking Tennessee out of it I'd put Georgia at 1 and Alabama dead last. The Tide uniforms with the red tops white bottoms look just like a used tampon.

Proper order:

1. Tennessee
2. Tennessee
3. Tennessee
4. LSU

I actually think Arkansas's uniforms are underrated. And A&M's white uniforms are pretty sweet.

I'm in the anti-Ole Miss camp, but seems like I'm the only one. Alabama's uniforms are really boring; if they weren't so dominant, people would make fun of them.

AGREE on the first 3 And LSU! MOF, I'm an LSU fan Every game except UT-LSU. (I suppose it's a hate bama thing!) But if you ever listened to an LSU game on WWL on a Saturday night-------------first class Production. 870 am ---BTW. Far and wide coverage.

VN Store

Back