SEC East #1 Seed

Holy cat poop Batman, my birthday is on Friday 13th this year.... :banghead2: By the way, how do you know what position we will have? Don't we still have to play the Bammers?

We have a one game lead over SC and we own the tiebreaker since we beat them twice.

OK, this weekend's games play a big part in our matchups. I think we want KY to end up the #4 in the east to keep them in the top half of the bracket. They would have to go through LSU and SC to make it to us. #3 FL would stay in the bottom with us. So, it looks like FL over KY this weekend would be best for us.

The winner of the MSU / Ole MS game this weekend would be who Vandy would play on the opening day. We would face the winner of this match up. So I would think we would want MSU to win this weekend and keep Ole MS in the top half also.

Shocker... Great vols win at bpv is negative about it.

Great win guys... Cbp has them playing up as it counts maybe

Win s e c tourney and bpv will find a reason to make it negative
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Shocker... Great vols win at bpv is negative about it.

Great win guys... Cbp has them playing up as it counts maybe

Win s e c tourney and bpv will find a reason to make it negative
I think you missed his point. He said that since the gators and Mildcats got their butts kicked they removed the drama in tonights and Saturday's games because we're in whether we win or lose. Actually I think he really meant Saturday's game. Anyway, try to read and understand somebody's post before making negative comments about it. :eek:lol:

Ok human.. Pt taken. But check say the last 10 game threads or after game threads he has said nothing positive about cbp or the boys.... Sad we argue so much here when we should just unite in our hatred of other schools

Ok human.. Pt taken. But check say the last 10 game threads or after game threads he has said nothing positive about cbp or the boys.... Sad we argue so much here when we should just unite in our hatred of other schools
Well, I think the guys are starting to gell together at just the right time. I hope so anyway. I think when the SEC and NCAA tourneys get going all Vol fans will be in a fever pitch behind the Big Orange.

Just wanted to stop by and find the appropriate thread to say congratulations on winning the east. You guys seem to be surging at the right time, and I hope you can ride the wave deep in the tourney. I'm not saying I would like UK to hand over the SEC tourney to you should we meet.... but congratulations and good luck nonetheless.

Tonight was a complete game, and a great win.

Appreciate it. Good post. :good!: Hopefully we'll get a chance to rectify our past performances against you guys. Good luck in the SEC tourney.

SCe? They have 1 good guard and one decent one. Aside from that, they are a complete disaster. They have been the beneficiary of a very sorry SECe, IMO.

If they don't do some serious damage in the SECt, I don't think they have a prayer. That said, this is the worst field I ever remember.

Gotta disagree with you there. Two more wins and there in the tourney. I think they beat UGA and win one in the SECt, which gets them in. KY is the team that needs a win and serious damage in the SECt to have a chance.

Gotta disagree with you there. Two more wins and there in the tourney. I think they beat UGA and win one in the SECt, which gets them in. KY is the team that needs a win and serious damage in the SECt to have a chance.
which win do you consider SC's good one?

I'm not sure that one mattered most after the two foe losses last night.

For my money, the Gonzaga and UK games mattered most. National relevance and nationally televised.

I would argue that the tournament games matter most. Under Pearl's tenure, his teams have won plenty of nationally televised regular season games. They have won the east a few times and the SEC reg. season champ once.The next step is doing more in the postseason tournements.

The SECT is more about our poor history than national relevance. The Big Dance is the key. Moving past the sweet 16 and into the final 4 are the next steps for this program. The only thing I see that has anywhere close to the same importance is having UT players getting drafted.

which win do you consider SC's good one?

It doesn't matter which win I like - it matters that their overall profile is good enough to get them in during one of the crappiest years in recent memory for at large teams. They are probably in now with that W over UGA, but a win in the SEC tourney makes them a lock.

While I love UK not making the NCAAT, them not making it does not help ease the 0-2 against them. Think about it.....a team not even good enough to make the NCAAT beat the snot out of us......twice. Making the Elite 8 is about the only thing that might ease the sting, but there's simply no excuse as to why we played so poorly. I really hope Pearl remembers this next season.

While I love UK not making the NCAAT, them not making it does not help ease the 0-2 against them. Think about it.....a team not even good enough to make the NCAAT beat the snot out of us......twice. Making the Elite 8 is about the only thing that might ease the sting, but there's simply no excuse as to why we played so poorly. I really hope Pearl remembers this next season.

I would take another trip back to the sweet 16 and call it a successful year. this team was dead in the water a month ago and now they are playing for seeding in the Big Dance. Also, how many teams have made the sweet 16 three times in a row? very few teams even make it back to back. Pearl told everyone before the season started that it would be a difficult/transition type year. he knew what he had and that it would be a tough road, yet here we are with another NCAA tourney appearance looming. And once you are in the dance, anything can happen!

Last edited:
I think a Sweet 16 would definitely be considered a success; I'm saying even that wouldn't make me forgot how we totally didn't show up against our biggest rival twice this year. On top of that, a year that UK happens to be the worst they've been in a long time. Right now, their 2 blowouts of us is pretty much the ONLY thing they have going for them this season.

An Elite 8 trip definitely changes things since that's never been done before and that obviously trumps everything. But the Kentucky thing....well I hate them so much and it just really, really bugs me that even with them sucking and us dancing, we still failed to show up to play them. I guess this is what Kentucky and Vandy football fans felt this year when they played us.

VN Store

Back