SEC East #1 Seed

Friday the 13th??? Only fitting with this team's history in the tournament.

I said all year this team was average and would not get any better. I stated 8-8 or 9-7 at best in the conference. I said they'd go 2-4 in the last six losing all 4 on the road.

I need to leave that stuff to the professionals.

I am pleasantly surprised.

Will play the winner of Eastern 5 seed vs. Western 4 seed. Right now that's looking like Vanderbilt vs. Alabama, I believe.

Great effort by the team
Great coaching by the entire staff
Let's continue the "greatness" and close out the season with a win on Sunday!

Play your best overall game of the year, when it matter's most. That's what quality teams do. Great job staff and players. Now let's make this the year we show up in the SEC tourney.

Looking forward to it...most of all, my mother and father will be arriving here from Tennessee earlier that afternoon...sounds like a good family event to watch the game...now I just have to make sure I can find it on TV or the computer!

Play your best overall game of the year, when it matter's most. That's what quality teams do. Great job staff and players. Now let's make this the year we show up in the SEC tourney.
I'm not sure that one mattered most after the two foe losses last night.

For my money, the Gonzaga and UK games mattered most. National relevance and nationally televised.

Atleast the tourney isn't in the Georgia Dome. Our guards had bad shootings nights in that place - but that was when we had great guards.

For my money, the Gonzaga and UK games mattered most. National relevance and nationally televised.
Right. "mattered most" is in the eyes of the beholder. I, personally hate losing to UK as much as I hate losing to UF in football. 0-2 against them leaves me a little unsatisfied so far. But a win tonight was a heck of a lot better then a loss. By far.

Great team effort to get the win. I like the pace this team is playing as well as the efficient offensive sets. Pearl has them getting in a good groove right here at the start of tourney time.

Right. "mattered most" is in the eyes of the beholder. I, personally hate losing to UK as much as I hate losing to UF in football. 0-2 against them leaves me a little unsatisfied so far. But a win tonight was a heck of a lot better then a loss. By far.
Yep, but if KY misses the NCAAs altogether, that will help ease the sting of going 0-2 against them during the regular season, don't you think?

Yep, but if KY misses the NCAAs altogether, that will help ease the sting of going 0-2 against them during the regular season, don't you think?
I have people very close to me that are a lot happier if KY makes the tournament. So I will keep my feelings there to myself.....

I think it sets up bad for us, once again tennessee is the hunted in the tournament. I just hope they don't feel satisfied with just winning the east. I know we don't match up well with kensucky, but i would like one last crack at the mildcats this year.

To be perfectly fair the USC game mattered more than the UK game and was also nationally televised.

Just wanted to stop by and find the appropriate thread to say congratulations on winning the east. You guys seem to be surging at the right time, and I hope you can ride the wave deep in the tourney. I'm not saying I would like UK to hand over the SEC tourney to you should we meet.... but congratulations and good luck nonetheless.

Tonight was a complete game, and a great win.

got a question on #24 for the chickens..... anyone see him get a scooby snack every time he flopped to the floor?

Last edited:
They are different from KY in that they are an NCAA tourney team.
Posted via VolNation Mobile
SCe? They have 1 good guard and one decent one. Aside from that, they are a complete disaster. They have been the beneficiary of a very sorry SECe, IMO.

If they don't do some serious damage in the SECt, I don't think they have a prayer. That said, this is the worst field I ever remember.

VN Store

Back