SEC Divisional Winner, Since Florida Has Confused Things

Makes sense from an LSU perspective. They will have to pay their OOC opponent either way. Why pay south Alabama and not make any revenue for LSU and Baton Rouge playing in Gainesville instead, or pay south Alabama and make your money back plus some with their home game. It's most likely not like LSU will need that SEC game to clinch the division.

Well, while the part I mentioned earlier was confirmed, there's some rumor following it that the SEC offered to cover LSU the amount for the buyout their USA game and they still refused.

But again, that part's not been confirmed yet.

Florida knows they would lose to Lsu - foley wanted nothing to do with getting a beatdown in Baton Rouge

Florida knows they would lose to Lsu - foley wanted nothing to do with getting a beatdown in Baton Rouge

They didn't want to play in Gainesville as well, but either way their plan worked as envisioned.

The SEC failed, Florida gamed the Vols, not sure what else to say.

Is it possible we could be reliving this same scenario with Georgia?

Georgia has two losses already. So IF we lost the next two and won out after that and Georgia did too we would hold the tie breaker for winning head to head.

Georgia has two losses already. So IF we lost the next two and won out after that and Georgia did too we would hold the tie breaker for winning head to head.

Georgia will be Florida and none of this would matter. LSU is the one backing out, bunch of chicken $$$$ corn dog smellin pr$$$$

When will the sec office issue a ruling about the 8 game schedule??

must play the 8 games can't get there with 7 games. if they only play 7 FL can't get there if we play 8 games and win 6 because we will win the H2H because both teams will have a .750 win percentage @ 6 divided by 8.

ESPN literally confirmed that if they go 6-1 and we go 6-2 they are in. Stop throwing around the 8 game thing, it apparently doesn't apply in this situation.

Nice to see you man up....

Yep, I messed up the OP and didn't even catch the entirety of the rule I was trying to explain. Absolutely nothing wrong with admitting error. It is how we learn. Of course now I've stirred the pot, which wasn't my original intention. Tasty crow, with hot sauce.

Teams that don't complete SEC schedule should be ineligible for SEC Championship game!
Here is a way to get them to agree award them both a loss unless game is rescheduled.

ESPN literally confirmed that if they go 6-1 and we go 6-2 they are in. Stop throwing around the 8 game thing, it apparently doesn't apply in this situation.

Did this come directly from the SEC, or ESPN a**hat commentators?

How did ESPN confirm this?

Because they hate us.

And are y'all still scared?? Scared before the Florida game, I get it. Scared at the end of the Georgia game, yes I was. But you should not be afraid anymore, not with this team. These young men have proven they will fight for us time and time again. I don't care how big or small you are, you have a whole team out there fighting for you, fan.

No, no, Florida is now probably trying to get out of the Arkansas game. They will go for tornadoes this time.

As per the SEC website and rulebook, the following determines the divisional winners of the SEC:

"The participants of the game are determined each year during the eight-game regular-season conference schedule as the teams with the best overall SEC winning percentage in each division."

My concern with the rule is that it specifically states highest winning pct rather than highest number of SEC wins. There is no need to mention winning pct. when all teams play the same number of games, so the fact that it is mentioned suggests to me that the league understands there may be occassions, such as this, where teams may not play an equal number of games, so that is why highest winning pct. was included.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back