SEC Commissioner on spring practice

You dont have to be a subject matter expect to look at data points. People can read, research, draw conclusions from basic data.

Its actually a better idea than skimming memes and headlines and reacting to that without data.
Whatever works for you

I believe that the 2020 fall football season is in jeopardy. I hope I'm wrong. I think we as a nation have been far too slow and disorganized in taking the extreme corrective action necessary to end this pandemic.
Much like the myth of climate change, the US GOVT. CANNOT end this. It is going to take a private enterprise to create a vaccine to end it.

Wrong answer. The reason Italy has been swamped by this pandemic has nothing to do with age. Their healthcare system was swamped with a title wave of new cases that quickly reached the point that they were not able to care for large numbers of patients. This essentially forced health care providers into "battlefield" decisions about who lives and who dies. Over 450 people died in Italy today. A new high. In New York there were over 1,000 new cases. So far the new case trend in New York is tracking that of Italy. Not good.

Lastly, it really is a shame that you have to try and politicize a health care pandemic issue with an irrelevant ad hominem jab regarding Democrats. It has nothing to do with this issue.
They routinely denied care to 80 + year olds. Their healthcare system is chit. How many in New York are being denied care?

I don’t disagree that we should be taking this seriously. My wife is still recovering from her cancer treatments and is extremely vulnerable. So, I understand the need to take proper precautions but with that said I also understand that a large majority of the population isn’t that susceptible to the virus. People like myself need to exercise caution but the economy doesn’t need to be destroyed for a small minority of the population; common sense has to be applied as well. If this were a true humanity threatening pandemic like the Bubonic Plague, Smallpox, or the Spanish Flu then yes drastic measures would need to be taken in order to save humanity.
Mine is in the middle of hers. I think this is massively over blown but am still taking sensible precautions. I have lost about 2 years of retirement even if the market rebounds by years end. This is media driven panic at it's finest.

Reactions: krichunaka
For instance
Headline:
Italians over 80 'will be left to die' as country overwhelmed by coronavirus

1st paragraph
Coronavirus victims in Italy will be denied access to intensive care if they are aged 80 or more or in poor health should pressure on beds increase, a document prepared by a crisis management unit in Turin proposes.

Some patients denied intensive care will in effect be left to die, doctors fear
---‐-----------
What that doesn't mention is that isnt reality. It's from a hypothetical paper written as protocols in a worst case situation that hasnt happened. It's triage guidance that is nowhere near happening. Currently Italy has 2,200 cases requiring intensive care because of pneumonia from the Cov 19 virus. 2,200 cases nation wide doesn't mean Papa is going to be left to die so they can save a person more likely to make it. That's just absurd. But if you just read or skimmed the widely distributed article you might actually believe folks are having to kill their parents to attempt to save their kid.
For instance
Headline:
Italians over 80 'will be left to die' as country overwhelmed by coronavirus

1st paragraph
Coronavirus victims in Italy will be denied access to intensive care if they are aged 80 or more or in poor health should pressure on beds increase, a document prepared by a crisis management unit in Turin proposes.

Some patients denied intensive care will in effect be left to die, doctors fear
---‐-----------
What that doesn't mention is that isnt reality. It's from a hypothetical paper written as protocols in a worst case situation that hasnt happened. It's triage guidance that is nowhere near happening. Currently Italy has 2,200 cases requiring intensive care because of pneumonia from the Cov 19 virus. 2,200 cases nation wide doesn't mean Papa is going to be left to die so they can save a person more likely to make it. That's just absurd. But if you just read or skimmed the widely distributed article you might actually believe folks are having to kill their parents to attempt to save their kid.
You can bet some "front line med worker" will come on here and post how we in America are just days away from this happening! They really know their subject matter, and as time goes on, we are able to see how right or how WRONG they have been. This is what happens when politics enters into health care. Thankfully Pres. Trump has cut through the BS and getting drugs to treat the sick (while we are working on a Vaccine), I'll bet things get much better with in 14 days, or less.

This is my opinion based on what I have read from International doctors. It is not a fact, but I believe this Covid-19 personal distancing protocol will last 12 months, thus the 2020 football season is kaput... will not happen. America, as we know it has changed for years to come.

Reactions: Dumbledorange
Its absolutely terrifying how many and how quickly people just want to cede all decision making to the government.

The same people that were screaming at the sky in rage over Trump now want the government to shut down private businesses, want to use the government to control folks lives. The ATF issued new guidelines a day ago to FFLs to disregard the Brady law and no transfer no resolutions until 28 days, Brady law is 3 days. Everyday it seems its something new.

This is my opinion based on what I have read from International doctors. It is not a fact, but I believe this Covid-19 personal distancing protocol will last 12 months, thus the 2020 football season is kaput... will not happen. America, as we know it has changed for years to come.
I hate to agree but I do.
The MLB season is done, PGA is done, and I’ll be shocked if we see football in the fall.

Reactions: esarmstrong
I wish you the very best, but I think you might have a false sense of security if you think this somehow gives you more protection (however small that might be) than you otherwise might have.
No. I just trust in the right things and not the media. Good luck to you cringing in your basement afraid of the mighty COVID-19. 🤪😭😱🤮😷

VN Store

Back