SEC Commissioner on spring practice

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
As colleges around the country continue to plot their coronavirus strategies, SEC commissioner Greg Sankey reiterated Wednesday that though spring football games are canceled, spring practice is not.Although Sankey is not overly optimistic that spring practice can be rescued from postponement by the SEC's self-imposed April 16 reevaluation date, it has yet to be officially ruled out.

"That doesn't mean we'll be back to normal or back to practice activities after April 16," Sankey said in a conference call with reporters. "It was just a date that will allow our administrators to communicate with our coaches, our coaches with their students-athletes that have resulted in the departures from campus."

SEC focused on spring practice, regular season

giphy.gif

QB throws ball to receiver.
Receiver catches pass, drops the ball and runs off the field.
Player runs in from the opposite side with gloves on and wipes down the ball.
Once wiped down player throws it back to 3rd or 4th string receiver.
3rd or 4th string receiver either hands or picks up ball and gives to backup or 3rd/4th/or 5th string QB.
Ball gets handed to ball-boy to re-sanitize for QB's.
Repeat.

Why because China has lied to the rest of the world ?

China is irrelevant at this point. Their stats aren’t trustworthy at all no matter what they put out. Roughly 100 people have died in the US. 85+ of those are over 55 years old. It isn’t affecting children really at all to this point. Healthy adults who have tested positive have had very minimal symptoms or even no symptoms at all. Research interviews with people who have actually had it and listen to them. They said it’s basically a mild cold, unless they’re older or have a preexisting health condition.

100 mostly elderly people have died out of 300 million and we’ve shut our entire way of life and economy down. Imagine what Russia and China think? Hmmm, this is all it takes to destroy America? Who needs nukes? Just plant a cold/flu virus and Americans lose their damn minds.

Fear is the real virus here.

Let me help the Lemmings:

The math behind why we need social distancing, starting right now

Basically that video explains it all. The only thing we need to do is avoid mass gatherings, wash our hands and help avoid over crowded hospitals and clinics because everyone who sneezes goes in thinking it’s Coronavirus. Everyone needs to chill and simply use common sense. No reason to panic and pretend this is a zombie apocalypse when it’s just a minor flu bug to most healthy people.

Let me help the Lemmings:

The math behind why we need social distancing, starting right now

Basically that video explains it all. The only thing we need to do is avoid mass gatherings, wash our hands and help avoid over crowded hospitals and clinics because everyone who sneezes goes in thinking it’s Coronavirus. Everyone needs to chill and simply use common sense. No reason to panic and pretend this is a zombie apocalypse when it’s just a minor flu bug to most healthy people.

That's an article by a journalist. Maybe take a look at this from a professor and statistician: In the coronavirus pandemic, we're making decisions without reliable data

Reactions: SCRocket
That's an article by a journalist. Maybe take a look at this from a professor and statistician: In the coronavirus pandemic, we're making decisions without reliable data

It’s completely based on CDC data. Every stat is backed up by data. You’re posting a theoretical piece by a professor who knows nothing and is making assumptions. He’s writing a piece about unreliable data in which he cannot possibly know whatever he deems is the “real data”.

Look up the stats. In Italy, too. Italy has the 2nd oldest population in the entire world behind only Japan. Most of those are, again, over 60 years old. Death rate worldwide for people over 60 is around 11% if infected. Death rate for someone who is 28 is around .8% if infected. The elder population is skewing the numbers drastically. I’m speaking facts and statistics. You’re obviously a Democrat who thinks emotionally. If someone who is 75-90 gets nearly any flu/cold that turns into pneumonia, it’s not a good outlook.
Wrong answer. The reason Italy has been swamped by this pandemic has nothing to do with age. Their healthcare system was swamped with a title wave of new cases that quickly reached the point that they were not able to care for large numbers of patients. This essentially forced health care providers into "battlefield" decisions about who lives and who dies. Over 450 people died in Italy today. A new high. In New York there were over 1,000 new cases. So far the new case trend in New York is tracking that of Italy. Not good.

Lastly, it really is a shame that you have to try and politicize a health care pandemic issue with an irrelevant ad hominem jab regarding Democrats. It has nothing to do with this issue.

Again, if you guys are seriously sucked into this wormhole of fear like 80% of the population I can’t fix stupid. Chicken Little felt really confident, too. He looked really stupid in hindsight. If you don’t think Coronavirus will be as big of a joke as Y2K, considering the damage it did to our booming economy over what is in reality a mild illness, you’re crazy. But do you boo boo.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Wrong answer. The reason Italy has been swamped by this pandemic has nothing to do with age. Their healthcare system was swamped with a title wave of new cases that quickly reached the point that they were not able to care for large numbers of patients. This essentially forced health care providers into "battlefield" decisions about who lives and who dies. Over 450 people died in Italy today. A new high. In New York there were over 1,000 new cases. So far the new case trend in New York is tracking that of Italy. Not good.

Lastly, it really is a shame that you have to try and politicize a health care pandemic issue with an irrelevant ad hominem jab regarding Democrats. It has nothing to do with this issue.

Wrong. Are you getting this from MSNBC? Yes, the hospitals are overcrowded. Why? Because everyone with a sniffle and cough assumes they’re dying when it’s usually just a cold or the flu. Or even if it’s corona, they’ll be fine. Meanwhile, that is LEADING to more elderly deaths. The freak out and the panic is doing that. People who aren’t in danger are taking beds from those who actually need help. It is not a serious illness to healthy people under 55 by and large! This has been noted everywhere Corona is at! Look it up.

More people died today in a car accident than from COVID. Are we losing our minds and avoiding cars? More people, especially younger people, were infected by H1N1 and by a HUGE margin. Where was this panic? It was killing and hospitalizing children by the hundreds. I think 700 million plus people had it worldwide.

Around 23% of Italy’s population is aged over 65, the largest proportion in the EU and 2nd largest in the world. More than 4m Italians are aged 80 and over.

As of Tuesday, 35% of those who have died from coronavirus in Italy were aged between 70 and 79, and 43% were aged 80-89, according to the Istituto Superiore di Sanità, the technical-scientific arm of the country’s national health service.

Facts.

Last edited:
I believe that the 2020 fall football season is in jeopardy. I hope I'm wrong. I think we as a nation have been far too slow and disorganized in taking the extreme corrective action necessary to end this pandemic.

Unfortunately, you can’t just shut everything down and pretend it will be normal. People rely on supermarkets, pharmacies, banks, etc to survive, not to mention many businesses could not afford the lost profits or be able to pay their workers. You don’t shut the entire society down and cause irreparable harm due to a couple of unfortunate areas. How do you think people would respond to going days without additional food supplies or weeks without a paycheck? You have seen too many movies. This is not the end of humanity

It’s an effin cold bro. We as a nation have completely overreacted and ruined our economical growth because of a flu bug that’s only killing (85%) senior citizens. That’s not a lack of sympathy. If someone who’s 85 gets the normal flu they’d likely die. Most people who are getting COVID have extremely minor symptoms. That’s a fact.

We should quarantine all people over 60 and the rest of us can go on business as usual. Clay Travis is right yet again.[/QUOTE. This virus kills the young and the old and does it pretty quickly. It’s not comparable to a bad cold or the flu geez when will people like you wake up in this country and start taking this pandemic seriously.

Reactions: esarmstrong
I agree with all of this, including the part about me watching too many movies. Ask my wife. I also think that the football season ahead is in serious jeopardy.
Unfortunately, you can’t just shut everything down and pretend it will be normal. People rely on supermarkets, pharmacies, banks, etc to survive, not to mention many businesses could not afford the lost profits or be able to pay their workers. You don’t shut the entire society down and cause irreparable harm due to a couple of unfortunate areas. How do you think people would respond to going days without additional food supplies or weeks without a paycheck? You have seen too many movies. This is not the end of humanity

Reactions: 1967vol
It’s an effin cold bro. We as a nation have completely overreacted and ruined our economical growth because of a flu bug that’s only killing (85%) senior citizens. That’s not a lack of sympathy. If someone who’s 85 gets the normal flu they’d likely die. Most people who are getting COVID have extremely minor symptoms. That’s a fact.

We should quarantine all people over 60 and the rest of us can go on business as usual. Clay Travis is right yet again.
No. It’s not an “Effin cold”.
You’re probably one of those jackasses on the beach acting like nothing is wrong.

No. It’s not an “Effin cold”.
You’re probably one of those jackasses on the beach acting like nothing is wrong.

Nope. Working from home since Friday. But I’m not letting this thing control my life. There’s no reason we cannot live normally right now. There are more active flu cases than Corona right now. You’re much more likely to get the flu and they’re equally serious. If you’re 75 years old, the flu can kill you as quick as COVID. Nothing has changed. If you get a cough, don’t run to the ER. Don’t overcrowd hospitals and clinics if you’re a normally healthy person. That’s it. That’s all we need to do.

You have the virus. The virus is FEAR! You’ve talked yourself into a corner.

Tell em

QB throws ball to receiver.
Receiver catches pass, drops the ball and runs off the field.
Player runs in from the opposite side with gloves on and wipes down the ball.
Once wiped down player throws it back to 3rd or 4th string receiver.
3rd or 4th string receiver either hands or picks up ball and gives to backup or 3rd/4th/or 5th string QB.
Ball gets handed to ball-boy to re-sanitize for QB's.
Repeat.

The problem is, the ballboy was exposed to an infected individual while making a tik tok with some buddies a week ago so the whole process detailed above is futile.

I agree with all of this, including the part about me watching too many movies. Ask my wife. I also think that the football season ahead is in serious jeopardy.

It looks as if the meeting of crowds 50-250ish are done for quite awhile. 100,000? Not happening until the smaller bans lift. The teams may not get back to practice until June so what's the point?

Serious possibility that the 2020 season, as we know it, is scrapped.

VN Store

Back