SEC Coaches Pick

Amb3096

Not surprisingly, Rennia Davis selected as a first team All-SEC pick, along with (among others) Boston, R. Jackson, Unique, Rhyne and N'Dea.

Tennessee picked sixth in conference...right behind MSST. Tennessee is right where I thought they would be picked to start the season. I'm shocked that the coaches picked MSST so low. They should easily be #2. Looks like they expect Kentucky to be a force. They are the team that has easily increased their stock the most during the off-season...provided Elzy can provide the same level of coaching as Mitchell.

Will be an interesting conference slugfest.

Coaches Preseason First Team For Davis - University of Tennessee Athletics

Honestly, I think 2-6 could be interchangeable in any number of ways. As mentioned in the poster above, I too think it will definitely be a slugfest at the top! Don't see anyone topping South Carolina, but after that... man watch out. I'm so excited for basketball.

Last edited:
Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
ORDER OF FINISH
1. South Carolina
2. Kentucky
3. Texas A&M
4. Arkansas
5. Mississippi State
6. Tennessee

KY and Miss ST has had shake ups
Ark lives and dies with the 3 ball
TX AM finished the SEC with the same record we did

As far as I am concerned the only one we should be chasing is SC

Not surprisingly, Rennia Davis selected as a first team All-SEC pick, along with (among others) Boston, R. Jackson, Unique, Rhyne and N'Dea.

Tennessee picked sixth in conference...right behind MSST. Tennessee is right where I thought they would be picked to start the season. I'm shocked that the coaches picked MSST so low. They should easily be #2. Looks like they expect Kentucky to be a force. They are the team that has easily increased their stock the most during the off-season...provided Elzy can provide the same level of coaching as Mitchell.

Will be an interesting conference slugfest.

Coaches Preseason First Team For Davis - University of Tennessee Athletics
Mitchell was a good motivator and worked the refs well but I was never Impressed with his X’ and O’s. Elzy will be fine.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
I am really interested in Rae Burrell this season she is the unknown and could be as dynamic as Davis at least that is what I'm hoping. We have to see huge improvement from Key and Horston. I think were going to see a lot more bench efficiency this season which was a huge part of many of our losses last season. We usually had a lead when the bench came in and promptly lost it in just a few minutes that they played. Hoping Key has a little more stamina this season could only go about 20 minutes a game last year. Horston has to show a lot more and I think she will.

ORDER OF FINISH
1. South Carolina
2. Kentucky
3. Texas A&M
4. Arkansas
5. Mississippi State
6. Tennessee
6th seems about right!

ORDER OF FINISH
1. South Carolina
2. Kentucky
3. Texas A&M
4. Arkansas
5. Mississippi State
6. Tennessee

My exact thoughts! If we play like we capable of (imo) SC is the only team we will have problems with!

ORDER OF FINISH
1. South Carolina
2. Kentucky
3. Texas A&M
4. Arkansas
5. Mississippi State
6. Tennessee

My sleeper team Georgia

Likely a mess again like last year. Expect SC to carve out a pretty clear lead. Everyone else is a toss up. Expect to see a bunch of 10-5 or 11-4 teams from 2-7 again this season. Everyone’s going to beat up on each other.

Coach J's ORDER OF FINISH
1. South Carolina
2. fill in the blank
3. Tennessee
4. Kentucky
5. Arkansas
6. Texas A&M
6. Mississippi State

KY and Miss ST has had shake ups,,,,there will be adjustments system/player-coach
Ark lives and dies with the 3 ball,,,if hot 2, if not, 5
TX AM finished the SEC with the same record we did,,,not a believer

I think Ole Miss might upset some teams this year as well.. Shakira Austin got immediate eligibility and Coach Yo knows what she's doing, just hasn't had any talent. If they continue to build around her could be an Arkansas like team from around 3 years ago.

Two through six could finish in any order. We need to take care of teams at home to get the advantage on a couple of those teams. The SEC is much stronger conference than last season. I would say that maybe only three teams should be wins when you play them. That does not include Ole Miss this time around they let Nesbitt come back and got some top recruits and transfers they will be a far better team.

Our coach takes it personally....
Support this woman....Support this team...
Stop complaining and celebrate them.....
Go Lady Vols....
636313176177506517-0429-kcsp-summitt-ncaa1998-01.jpg

Honestly I don't really think MSU is the 5th best team in the league but 2-6 are all pretty darn good and have the potential to beat up on each other. We all know UT has had the talent for years and I hope Harper has them playing up to their potential.

The game benefits from having a strong program at UT.

What players are you talking about? I remember players saying that ... for 5-6 years i wish we had players that took things personally.

Diamond, Mercedes, Cierra, Bashaara, Draya, MeMe, Jamie...the list goes on.

Who can forget in Diamond's first year how every player on the team was tweeting "trust the process" every other day as we had our worst season to date -- at that time, of course.

It's become as commonplace as every single team talking about how the chemistry is amazing and so much better than the year prior.

Reactions: mcannon1 and gule
That's not the point. The point is that players tweeting about people having doubts pretty much never means anything and never translates on the court.

Meet Candace Parker who used the doubt and not making the olympic team to get a championship...

You did say never and she said that was her mission and completed it she played out her mind...

VN Store

Back