SEC Championship Tickets

Trojan_Vol

Does anyone know the face value of SEC Championship tickets? I plan to get on the registry this year (Opens August 1st) and was trying to get an idea of cost. I know its a long shot..

I believe it's between $130 to $300. I have seats in the lower corner and they are $165 face value

Good luck, typically only about 100 seats per year are available in the lottery. Everyone renews.

Does anyone know the face value of SEC Championship tickets? I plan to get on the registry this year (Opens August 1st) and was trying to get an idea of cost. I know its a long shot..

Prices vary depending on the seat location. I own tickets beginning from the very first Championship in Birmingham, Alabama. You will have a long wait getting on the list. I remember some years back talking with a person that had been on the waiting list for 9 years. Probably the best way of obtaining a couple of tickets would be through your SEC school provided you were high on the school list which is generally based on donations. Scalping is illegal in Georgia, so few are available on the street prior to a game with people sometimes getting arrested while selling tickets. Tickets are always available on the internet, but these usually sell from three to four times the actual cost.

Have 2nd row mezzanine seats in corner of end zone for East champs. Have had since first year in Atlanta. Face value for two tickets w fees is $350. Resale value usually much higher.

Have been to all five Vols appearances in championship game. Great experience, especially the two wins in ‘97 and ‘98.

Reactions: VAVol85
Prices vary depending on the seat location. I own tickets beginning from the very first Championship in Birmingham, Alabama. You will have a long wait getting on the list. I remember some years back talking with a person that had been on the waiting list for 9 years. Probably the best way of obtaining a couple of tickets would be through your SEC school provided you were high on the school list which is generally based on donations. Scalping is illegal in Georgia, so few are available on the street prior to a game with people sometimes getting arrested while selling tickets. Tickets are always available on the internet, but these usually sell from three to four times the actual cost.

I, too, have had seats since game 1 in Birmingham. I went to the first two even though UT wasn’t playing. Weather was awful and Legion Field…Oh…my…Lord. I’ve renewed my seats for 28 years now, requested upgrades, etc. and for the last ten years I’ve been in the Club Level at the 45 yard line. Since the game moved to Atlanta, I only attended games UT played in and have sold all the others. First on eBay and then on Stub-hub since 2014.

Face value on the Club seats this year is $315—I think; at any rate a pair was $630 (might have been a service charge). On the resale market, ‘Bama fans spare no expense, LSU representing the West cheapens the tickets and UF won’t spend much for premium seats—the one exception being the year UF and ‘Bama went undefeated and played in the game. Some info for anyone interested: to have the right to purchase seats, a $300 donation to the SEC was required the year prior to the first game. Doing so guaranteed you the option to continue to purchase seats—-for your lifetime. I know that sounds crazy today…with the demand so great, but it was a new idea at the time and I guess 300 dollars was the correct price point. Me coming up with 300 bucks in the early 90’s was a stretch. But the payback has been rewarding.

Reactions: hUTch2002
We've also had tickets since that first Birmingham game....Got them renewed this week....Several years ago, I got an email from someone in the SEC office who thanked us for buying them when they didn't know if the Championship game would "fly" or not. I also seem to remember that that Birmingham game was NOT a sellout.... He/she then said something to this effect - you took a chance on us and we appreciate it and we make sure that you get good seats each year...Our seats in the Georgia Dome and in the Mercedes Dome this year are on the lower level...We only pay $165 per seat for 6 seats that have fantastic views......Only one year that we were unable to sell them when Vols weren't in it...Otherwise, we have had a great investment....

Good idea. Those rubes would sell their own children to go see their beloved Tahd. LOL!!!
Not wanting to admit that I have bama grads as friends, the die hard tide people that travel to every game that I know are far from paupers. The home crowd is altogether different. I suspect that holds true in every fanbase.

I’ve attended my share of games. Not really interested anymore. Not saying I’ll never go again but it will be on someone’s expense account and in their corporate box from now on.

I have been getting seats for about 10 yrs now. You will need to join the waiting list each year as applications are dumped and it starts over each year. It took me putting in every year for 4 or 5 years before I was ever selected to get seats. The information sent to me shows 3700 renewal accounts and in 2019 34 accounts did not renew.

SEC Championship Game Renewals

How did you get assigned your seats when you got 'in'.
When I first got mine 20 some years ago, I was in the upper deck. I assume I was just assigned what was available when my name was pulled from the list.Each year the seats/rows would change slightly but always in the same general area.

Since moving to Mercedes, I've had the exact same lower level corner seats every year. During renewal, you can opt to keep your current seats or change. If you want to change, they will send you a link with a specific date/time based on your seniority level and you can then see what seats are available and relocate if you want.

You can always sell them to AL fans and probably make a profit.

Funny kind of a relatable story....

I worked as the plant cost accountant at a manufacturing facility in Marion Co. Tn for a few years. So there were a lot of Bammers that worked there with MC being partially on the Bama border. A couple of supervisors that were Tennessee fans one time set up a full size medical display skeleton in a chair and put a hounds tooth hat on the skeleton's head/skull and propped up one arm of the skeleton with the hand sticking out. They sat a small table beside it with a large glass jar. The jar had a sign on it that read "Shake hands with The Bear - $5" ....... at the end of the day .. the jar had SEVERAL five dollar bills in it.

VN Store

Back