SEC / BIG 12 Challenge

SolidRockGolf

I know many don’t care about conference teams but I’m keeping up with it because of how it effects Tennessee.

Right now it looks like we are going to get hammered by the Big 12.

Iowa State beats Ole Miss
Baylor beats Alabama
TCU beats Florida

Big 12 - 3
SEC - 0

Oklahoma State is up right now on SC - 19-14
Texas up on Georgia - 19-13
Kansas State up by 2 on TA&M

I know many don’t care about conference teams but I’m keeping up with it because of how it effects Tennessee.

Right now it looks like we are going to get hammered by the Big 12.

Iowa State beats Ole Miss
Baylor beats Alabama
TCU beats Florida

Big 12 - 3
SEC - 0
It isn’t unexpected. The Big 12 was favored in 8 of the 10 games and half of the ranked SEC teams aren’t participating. If the SEC can get 4 wins that will be pretty good.

Reactions: SolidRockGolf
Is a Kansas win or a Kentucky win more beneficial to UT?

Our computer numbers would be better with a Kentucky win, because we play them at least twice, compared to just one game with Kansas. It would also help the league's profile. On the other hand, if you consider Kentucky our biggest competition in the SEC, then a Kansas win helps if it slows Kentucky's momentum.

Did it make much of a difference that two ranked teams weren't in it? Or is the SEC just bad?

Never. Pull. For the Kats.

A Kentucky win is never beneficial for anyone with a soul. That said, they looked pretty good today. I can't wait to play them in Rupp.
Beneficial.....id say Kentucky as boost conference rpi. Plus losing earlier in year on neutral court. Compared to late in season on the road if we play a higher ranked team plus if we meet Kentucky in the conference tournament we draw their rpi twice. So by that its better for us. But....i hate rooting for Kentucky so i was hoping kansas would win lol.

Reactions: DeepPurpleFloyd
Scott Drew has the best record in the Big XII/SEC Challenge at 5-1. He also holds the best record in the former Big XII/Pac Challenge.

Tennessee is one of only three SEC teams with a winning record in the current challenge

VN Store

Back