SEC BASEBALL DONE

feathersax

Just received notice that ALL SEC BASEBALL is done for this season. Refunds for season tickets & SEC tournament will be refunded. Sad times.:(

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Was reading my news APP on my phone and according to a report from BuzzFeed, the SEC has cancelled all sports for the 2020 season. Has anyone one else heard this from a reliable source?

Just looked at the SEC website and the only thing it has about cancellations is for the 2019-2020 school year. Baseball, softball, track and field, any athletic event for the remainder of 2019-2020 school year. Just goes to show, the media can twist anything to make it seem worse than it really is. On another note, how is everyone going to spend your government money you will get in the next few weeks?

I'm kind of surprised they don't just play these with empty stadiums. The tv ratings would be off the charts as people are holed up at home with nothing to do.

9 months from now, there will be another baby boom, except in those non-traditional relationships.

I'm kind of surprised they don't just play these with empty stadiums. The tv ratings would be off the charts as people are holed up at home with nothing to do.

9 months from now, there will be another baby boom, except in those non-traditional relationships.

Travel is the issue as I see. 30-40 people in a bus is problematic.

I’m saving all my tickets and programs and stuff. Told my son they should be worth something one day. 2020 the season that wasn’t.
That’s actually a pretty novel idea. This is so depressing. Feel like today is the first day it’s really sunk in not having sports.

Just cancelled my hotel reservations for Hoover. Awaiting ticket refund from SEC office.

Attachments

• SEC Hoover_hospitality suite view.jpg
    SEC Hoover_hospitality suite view.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: Tennesseefan2019

No disagreement with that. But being 63 years here.....Never in my lifetime have I seen such an impact that a flu virus has made to our entire world that is shutting "life as we know it" down and basically to a stop. Back before Al Gore invented the internet (sarcasm), we had no instant news like we have today. Living in Johnson City here, we would have never known of the case where the guy from Eastman (15 miles away) tested positive...Had this happened years ago. We live in a world of instant news that provides us with worldwide information instantly that can lead to the panic buying that we have witnessed. Sometimes we know too much these days. While I am not playing down the importance of addressing this virus....I'm just saying in my younger days....Had I had the virus and went to the doctor.....They would have told me I had the flu and sent me home. And......During my life we have lived through worse things and not wiped out grocery stores and shut down everything in the world around us. With folks being shut up and confined.....Like during natural disasters….We usually see a baby boom occurring 9 months later.

Reactions: bigorangepoppa

No disagreement with that. But being 63 years here.....Never in my lifetime have I seen such an impact that a flu virus has made to our entire world that is shutting "life as we know it" down and basically to a stop. Back before Al Gore invented the internet (sarcasm), we had no instant news like we have today. Living in Johnson City here, we would have never known of the case where the guy from Eastman (15 miles away) tested positive...Had this happened years ago. We live in a world of instant news that provides us with worldwide information instantly that can lead to the panic buying that we have witnessed. Sometimes we know too much these days. While I am not playing down the importance of addressing this virus....I'm just saying in my younger days....Had I had the virus and went to the doctor.....They would have told me I had the flu and sent me home. And......During my life we have lived through worse things and not wiped out grocery stores and shut down everything in the world around us. With folks being shut up and confined.....Like during natural disasters….We usually see a baby boom occurring 9 months later.

Reactions: BruinVol

I feel ya man. I wish we were still living in 1918. Instant information sucks.

Reactions: NorCalVol67
Just looked at the SEC website and the only thing it has about cancellations is for the 2019-2020 school year. Baseball, softball, track and field, any athletic event for the remainder of 2019-2020 school year. Just goes to show, the media can twist anything to make it seem worse than it really is. On another note, how is everyone going to spend your government money you will get in the next few weeks?

Last edited:
I feel ya man. I wish we were still living in 1918. Instant information sucks.

It’s rather timely you brought that up. I had a friend call yesterday, we were discussing all that’s going on from the staying in, to the run on toilet paper, etc...

He asked me how much I knew about the 1918 Flu Pandemic. Of course, it’s been in the news, but other than that I didn’t know much.

He suggested a couple of documentaries, saying that I would feel better about the current situation.

I watched them. I didn’t feel better. There are many eerie similarities. I guess there’s one thing, 1918 got younger, healthier people.

You can say that again!

Maybe we should talk about vandys cheating to make the time pass by quicker?

66 you ready for that ?

We are certainly going to have to keep a sense of humor.

Every year I have a real sense of joy when baseball starts and a little disappointment when it's over. This year they came so close together, it really sucks.

The wait for spring is going to be a long one this year.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back