SEC attendance rankings 2019

Some interesting numbers here, obviously the usual suspects atop the SEC, but it would sure be nice to see us get back to that 95K plus average. How about Kansas of all people making the biggest jump from 2018 to 2019...They had nowhere to go but up I guess...
SEC attendance rankings 2019 -

The first two games murdered our attendance. We actually had an incredible turnout for BYU, which was surprising given the loss to Georgia State.

After the fans saw no return on their investment for showing out at BYU, attendance was bound to take a nose dive.

We are 5 on that list...... Considering what we have been through over the past 15 plus years I think this is a win. We have sucked out loud several years, several coaches, several AD's, and yet we are still number 5 on the list in the greatest conference to play college football. I will take it. This is not a jab, this is a win. When UT starts back our winning ways we will be at the very top of this list!

The attendance will start to creep up when people dont have to look at the offense through their hands

giphy.gif

Some interesting numbers here, obviously the usual suspects atop the SEC, but it would sure be nice to see us get back to that 95K plus average. How about Kansas of all people making the biggest jump from 2018 to 2019...They had nowhere to go but up I guess...
SEC attendance rankings 2019 -

They’re excited because they made a big time hire

Reactions: FLVOL_79
We are 5 on that list...... Considering what we have been through over the past 15 plus years I think this is a win. We have sucked out loud several years, several coaches, several AD's, and yet we are still number 5 on the list in the greatest conference to play college football. I will take it. This is not a jab, this is a win. When UT starts back our winning ways we will be at the very top of this list!

Not likely with several stadiums with many more seats than we have.

It looks like all around the country stadiums are failing to fill. I still think Neyland should shrink some with a much more pleasant game day experience. Better seats, better views (try sitting in the seats next to the boxes) and better parking. The smaller, more boutique stadiums are the future as more people watch from home on better televisions, etc.

Don't get me wrong, it will hurt my pride to drop Neyland below 100k. It has been a source of UT pride for so long. But a 85-90k stadium with a NFL type experience could be more profitable as tickets would most likely cost more and more people would be enticed to get season tickets.

I'm not an expert by any stretch but with all games broadcast now and pricing going through the proverbial roof I would think we will see a decrease over the next few years. I hope I'm wrong because I love nothing better than being in a packed Neyland stadium on a crisp, fall November afternoon. Not even thinking about the virus (grown to despise that word) but I thought that was the trend even before 2020. I was amazed that Arkansas could put 54,000 a Saturday in the seats with that unbelievably bad product they were sending out each Saturday. And Vandy... ______________ you fill in the blank.

Reactions: Boca Vol
The average Neyland attendance in 2015 and 2016 was over 100,000 and was just under that in 2014. We know how much Volfans lamented these were not at least SEC divisional champs as experienced by the posts on this board. IF, that famous if word, the future brings consistent high caliber play, I would be highly surprised the Vols not averaging over 100,000 if not close to capacity crowds even with all the other ways that people can watch a game. As far as bragging rights go, the top four largest stadiums currently in the SEC are practically the same size. UT at 102,455 is 278 fewer than Texas A&M, 134 more than LSU, and 634 more than Alabama. Under normal circumstances which today is the furthest thing from it, I think this year the average attendance would have been in the high 90's if not over 100K. I have been in the south end zone for 44 years and have been looking for the stadium renovation for about 25 years now. Even so, personal opinion and not shared by everybody, I would not want to see Neyland's capacity dip below 100K.

With so many other ways to watch college football today, except for the " big games" I really don't see Neyland and other stadiums filling up. Further, with bringing politics to sports, this is going to accelerate the decline. Most people go to sporting events to cheer on their team and escape " the real world" for a few hours. Most people do not want to watch others give political statements on how they feel, one way or the other.

What would it cost Neyland in capacity to go to all chair back seats?
I believe Deerpark said it would reduce capacity to 79-80K. The whole stadium would basically need to be rebuilt as the rows are too narrow.

The average Neyland attendance in 2015 and 2016 was over 100,000 and was just under that in 2014. We know how much Volfans lamented these were not at least SEC divisional champs as experienced by the posts on this board. IF, that famous if word, the future brings consistent high caliber play, I would be highly surprised the Vols not averaging over 100,000 if not close to capacity crowds even with all the other ways that people can watch a game. As far as bragging rights go, the top four largest stadiums currently in the SEC are practically the same size. UT at 102,455 is 278 fewer than Texas A&M, 134 more than LSU, and 634 more than Alabama. Under normal circumstances which today is the furthest thing from it, I think this year the average attendance would have been in the high 90's if not over 100K. I have been in the south end zone for 44 years and have been looking for the stadium renovation for about 25 years now. Even so, personal opinion and not shared by everybody, I would not want to see Neyland's capacity dip below 100K.

The '15 season had OU on the home schedule and the '16 team was pre-season favorites to win the East.

I believe Deerpark said it would reduce capacity to 79-80K. The whole stadium would basically need to be rebuilt as the rows are too narrow.
I say pick a number like 78,657 or $VOLS$.
@Freak
I’m calling dibs on that as a screen name for my son. He’s 7 and irresponsible. He’ll have a blast.

It looks like all around the country stadiums are failing to fill. I still think Neyland should shrink some with a much more pleasant game day experience. Better seats, better views (try sitting in the seats next to the boxes) and better parking. The smaller, more boutique stadiums are the future as more people watch from home on better televisions, etc.

Don't get me wrong, it will hurt my pride to drop Neyland below 100k. It has been a source of UT pride for so long. But a 85-90k stadium with a NFL type experience could be more profitable as tickets would most likely cost more and more people would be enticed to get season tickets.
It will hurt the noise. I want Neyland to be as loud and as difficult to play in as possible comfort be damned. I'm a fanatic and I can't be reasoned with 😂

It will hurt the noise. I want Neyland to be as loud and as difficult to play in as possible comfort be damned. I'm a fanatic and I can't be reasoned with 😂

Sadly, it hasn't mattered very much since the new century.

VN Store

Back