SEC/ACC Challenge Begins Tonight

Really need the SEC to step up this week with some dominating wins. The conference has struggled early and that always impacts perception come March - resulting in underseeded teams. Texas A&M v. Virginia, Duke v. Arkansas are two good matchups.
I'll be cheering against Kentucky, no matter what.

Georgia Tech are going to beat undefeated Miss. St. and Syracuse (Mintz has 30+) are boat racing LSU

Really surprised with South Carolina. They were universally picked to finish last in the SEC.

They are currently undefeated and boatracing Notre Dame. SEC picks up an unexpected W.

Wish Kentucky would have given Sheppard the Chris Lofton treatment and not offered their hs Mr Basketball so we could have signed him. That young man is a player.
Yep, been a fan of his for years. Honestly, if his dad hadn't been a legend at UK, he may not have gotten the offer, although Cal has been a little more generous with the instate kids, recently. They have a commitment from a kid from Lyon County named Travis Perry that is the state's all-time leading scorer. He might be an even better shooter than Reed, though Sheppard is a better all-around player and better athlete.

Last edited:
Really surprised with South Carolina. They were universally picked to finish last in the SEC.

They are currently undefeated and boatracing Notre Dame. SEC picks up an unexpected W.
SC was favored by 8 and a half at home. Notre Dame is not good

Yep, been a fan of his for years. Honestly, if his dad hadn't been a legend at UK, he may not have gotten the offer, although Cal has been a little more generous with the instate kids, recently. They have a commitment from a kid from Lyon County named Travis Perry that is the state's all-time leading scorer. He might be an even better shooter than Reed, though Sheppard is a better all-around player and better athlete.
I’ve noticed you’ve been high on Sheppard. This is the first time I’ve seen the cats this year and I now understand why. We’re going to need to clone Mashack to guard all their scorers.

Might as well chalk Mizzou up for a win. Pitt can't hit the broad side of a barn.

A lot of our fans aren't going to like hearing it, but UK is going to be a problem, this year. They still have three 7-footers yet to get healthy. I said it earlier, but they could be the most talented and most complete UK team since the Wall/Cousins/Bledsoe group from 13 years ago.

They play a lot like that Bama team from a year ago.

A lot of our fans aren't going to like hearing it, but UK is going to be a problem, this year. They still have three 7-footers yet to get healthy. I said it earlier, but they could be the most talented and most complete UK team since the Wall/Cousins/Bledsoe group from 13 years ago.

They play a lot like that Bama team from a year ago.
They are better right now than they’ve been in years for coach cal. And I think it’s because they don’t have the 7 footers. It’s free flowing offense with guys that can get to the basket and make 3s. Cal seems to always play multiple 7 footers that are very limited offensively. They’re just athletic and tall and it bogs down the offense. I’ll be interested to see if the big men they have are more skilled than they’ve had up there over the past 5 years or so and the offense can continue to move like it is now. Their athleticism will be a major problem for us.

VN Store

Back