SEC 2023 vs Other Conferences

sgacock

As of this first Thursday morning, the SEC is 12-1 vs other conferences. Unfortunately, we are only 1-1 against Quad 1-ish teams. SC beat ranked Notre Dame but LSU lost to PAC member Colorado.

Tonight we can pick up a couple of more Quad 1 wins if UT beats FSU and Ole Miss beats Oklahoma. Go Vols and Rebels.

Let’s go team SEC! No losses to Quad 2s and below! Let’s get 8/9 teams to the tourney.

As of this first Thursday morning, the SEC is 12-1 vs other conferences. Unfortunately, we are only 1-1 against Quad 1-ish teams. SC beat ranked Notre Dame but LSU lost to PAC member Colorado.

Tonight we can pick up a couple of more Quad 1 wins if UT beats FSU and Ole Miss beats Oklahoma. Go Vols and Rebels.

Let’s go team SEC! No losses to Quad 2s and below! Let’s get 8/9 teams to the tourney.
So who do you pull for? This is VN and not SEC nation!

OP said "we" are 1-1 and I'm scratching my head trying to figure out who we lost to.

Conference strength pshh who cares...Tennessee is the only one that matters....

I will never pull for Alabama in ANY sport - football, women's basketball or tiddly winks. They could be playing CCR and I would pull for the Commies.

And I smiled big when Bayou Barbie and crew got their first loss of the year.

Reactions: maple
Gottta start immediatly. It's too late after New Years if you wanna gauge conference strength before seeding.

The only significant inter-conference game after New Years (that I know of) is UConn at SCar.

I agree in importance of OOC but literally you have 1 set of games. That is basically like gauging the SEC in Football after week 0 of this year with the only data set is Hawaii vs. Vandy.

So, if you end up with conference 2d place, you're okay with a 4 seed based on being perceived as a member of a weak conference compared to others?
LSU, South Carolina and Tennessee...are only strong schools in SEC conference...and maybe Ole Miss the rest are weak...so I'm not window licking for the scrub teams to win to make conference look strong....Tennessee handles their business and losses no more than 3 conference games and 2 out of conference...wouldn't have to depend on the Vanderbilts of the world to get a great seed....

So Lucy, your paying attention to SGACOCK? Hmm Maybe you need to wonder back to Ktown and stay out of GA.
Well, not too much but I did think it was pretty clear who his team was😆. Not in GA much but hope to wander over from Tunetown sometime soon for a game!

Reactions: tennesseeduke
LSU, South Carolina and Tennessee...are only strong schools in SEC conference...and maybe Ole Miss the rest are weak...so I'm not window licking for the scrub teams to win to make conference look strong....Tennessee handles their business and losses no more than 3 conference games and 2 out of conference...wouldn't have to depend on the Vanderbilts of the world to get a great seed....
It's about seeding. You don't seem to understand the concept. The stronger the conference the higher the seeding. Weak schedules interconference can put you on a lower seeding line.

Reactions: Eric Viesturs
It's about seeding. You don't seem to understand the concept. The stronger the conference the higher the seeding. Weak schedules interconference can put you on a lower seeding line.
Handle your damn business ..and it doesn't matter what conference you play in ...Gonzaga in Men's basketball..top 1 or 2 seed numerous times...tell me how powerful the WCC was....don't ever depend on others..in Sports....

Just win the dang games we should and beat half of those ahead of us!!! Do that and we will get a top 3 seed or at worse a 4 seed. Our loss to FSU is a lot more important to seeding than how the rest of the conference did last week. At seasons end the SEC will be bunched up as one of the top 4 conferences if not outright number 1.
How tough is UConn’s conference???

VN Store

Back