Season Ticket Holders

What percentage of Vols's ticket holders opt out of 2020 season?

• 0-20

Votes: 35 23.0%
  • 21-40

Votes: 30 19.7%
  • 41-60

Votes: 48 31.6%
  • 61-80

Votes: 32 21.1%
  • 81-90

Votes: 7 4.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am pretty happy for you. I remember your first post here where it sounded like you didn't have a chance.

By the way, I'm not sure if you climbing statement was true, or just in jest. I think it's pretty easy to get an elevator pass. I did this for my Dad back in the day. Gus Manning was the one that answered the phone and we rode up the elevator on the west side with Doug Dickey. Folks going to the press box. With the reduced capacity, might not be a long wait to ride the elevator, however it might be a risk with Covid to be in tight quarters in an elevator.

edit: Also, now that you have seats secured, pitching your climbing case to the ticket office may get you moved to a place where you don't get nosebleeds. Worth a phone call. I'm only 63 and I play the age card ALL THE TIME.. especially with my kids.
Yes agree with this post, pull the age card, and also mention the south end zone stairs to row 26 is very steep and dangerous. They will likely move you. Give this a shot.

Ditto on the elevator pass. My dad gets one for his shredded knees on the days he can't handle the ramps/stairs. If you have a handicap placard or a doctor's note, its not a big issue at all.

I'd totally advise getting one, just in case.
My very pregnant with twins daughter has been relocated to PP, is there an elevator she could ride?

My very pregnant with twins daughter has been relocated to PP, is there an elevator she could ride?
Don't think that endzone has any elevators. You may be able to ask if they can transport her up the big ramp from Gate 10 on one of the first aid golf carts or something similar.

Reactions: Wireless1
I passed on my tickets. Was going to buy them and resell on secondary market (Vivid has someone already posting his tix in JJ for Alabama game at $350 per ticket) but I decided it really wasn't worth it, besides I would hate to think of a Bama fan in my seats.. Just not excited to be in end zone versus my regular seats on the 40 not to mention only 26k fans attending. Will go with my new 65" LG TV.

To get up to her seat- no. How high up is she?

We're actually in that end of the stadium too most years. What my dad does with his pass is take the TN Terrace elevator to the upper level concourse and it empties out right next to QQ/PP. It would at least save her the walk up the ramps.

Congrats on the twins, I'm a fraternal myself. Its pretty cool.

I called and was told they are not moving anyone now but if more tickets become available will send out email on possible relocation, so will plan on upper row 26 for now!

Received an offer for XX4 row 3, but probably going to opt out. Too many unknowns, PLUS my son has 3 soccer tournaments that conflict with home games this season. I figure I only have a limited number of my kid's games...
Will be the first home opener I haven't been to in 23 years.

Reactions: CPA
Im 3 hours away also, getting tougher to attend every game
I’m about 6.5 hours away so you are a grocery run lol.
I am pretty happy for you. I remember your first post here where it sounded like you didn't have a chance.

Gus Manning was the one that answered the phone and we rode up the elevator on the west side with Doug Dickey. Folks going to the press box. With the reduced capacity, might not be a long wait to ride the elevator, however it might be a risk with Covid to be in tight quarters in an elevator..
In The past I had gotten a pass for my dad with Alzheimer’s to go in the elevator With me and no big deal. According to my usher who was there when condredge Holloway played, My seats For the last few years are Doug Atkins old seats. It’s Lower level “box” Which were not close to anyone but right on the Concourse with no stairs so folks and concessions right behind me. I guess they nixed those completely cause of the Walking traffic and people trying to stand behind my seats For concessions. I also have 3 upper level on the 30 yard line and they offered me 4 seats in xx row 25 and just didn’t appeal to me. Logistics Like Vrbo renting a house in wears valley Douglas lake or sevierville means it was was gonna be difficult this late in the game. I turned them down.
I passed on my tickets. Was going to buy them and resell on secondary market (Vivid has someone already posting his tix in JJ for Alabama game at $350 per ticket) but I decided it really wasn't worth it, besides I would hate to think of a Bama fan in my seats.. Just not excited to be in end zone versus my regular seats on the 40 not to mention only 26k fans attending. Will go with my new 65" LG TV.
This see my post above, just not worth the aggravation to me. Been in Neyland Almost 50 years since I was 8 years old ( grandparents lived in Knox ) And Only a STH for 10 years or so cause of the travel and Running my business. Just not worth it this year... my 65 got hit by lightening over 2 weeks ago and we didn’t know it for 4 days ... that’s how much tv I watch outside of hockey and ncaa sports Lol new 65-70 is on the docket next week👍 And 2021 VOLS tickets is already paid for, bonus! GBO 🍊!
edit to correct reading comprehension lol

Last edited:
I’m about 6.5 hours away so you are a grocery run lol.

In The past I had gotten a pass for my dad with Alzheimer’s to go in the elevator With me and no big deal. According to my usher who was there when condredge Holloway played, My seats For the last few years are Doug dickeys old seats. It’s Lower level “box” Which were not close to anyone but right on the Concourse with no stairs so folks and concessions right behind me. I guess they nixed those completely cause of the Walking traffic and people trying to stand behind my seats For concessions. I also have 3 upper level on the 30 yard line and they offered me 4 seats in xx row 25 and just didn’t appeal to me. Logistics Like Vrbo renting a house in wears valley Douglas lake or sevierville means it was was gonna be difficult this late in the game. I turned them down.

This see my post above, just not worth the aggravation to me. Been in Neyland Almost 50 years since I was 8 years old ( grandparents lived in Knox ) And Only a STH for 10 years or so cause of the travel and Running my business. Just not worth it this year... my 65 got hit by lightening over 2 weeks ago and we didn’t know it for 4 days ... that’s how much tv I watch outside of hockey and ncaa sports Lol new 65-70 is on the docket next week👍 And 2021 VOLS tickets is already paid for, bonus! GBO 🍊!

My first game was in 1963 with a friend and his father. Been a season ticket holder and donor since '89 (didn't make sense getting tickets while I was in the Navy).

At my age I've been very careful with this. While I have gone into the office everyday since the pandemic hit, I have been very aggressive with my precautions and it's doubtful I would have gone to a game.

I'm doing the same thing you are, just rolling over my contribution and ticket purchase money to next season.

I have 6 season tickets, was offered 4 in the upper deck, and decided to accept 2. Only issue is weather....I'm normally in lower bowl under cover so rain not an issue. However, open in upper deck this year. Also, I always wear shorts to the FL game, but I may consider an alternative this year.

Reactions: Wireless1
Not to be morbid but how will UT know she passed? Couldn’t you start planning like changing her address to something you can access or a credit card with both your names when you pay the bill.
Her signature will have to be on the check. We tried with a joint checking account and the "non-ticket holder's" signature on the check and they returned the check and told us to get the real signature or else. I would recommend exploring any option you have for inheriting the tix. There used to be a way of doing it and unfortunately we lost our tickets before we knew about it.

By the way, I'm not sure if you climbing statement was true, or just in jest. I think it's pretty easy to get an elevator pass. I did this for my Dad back in the day. Gus Manning was the one that answered the phone and we rode up the elevator on the west side with Doug Dickey. Folks going to the press box. With the reduced capacity, might not be a long wait to ride the elevator, however it might be a risk with Covid to be in tight quarters in an elevator.

edit: Also, now that you have seats secured, pitching your climbing case to the ticket office may get you moved to a place where you don't get nosebleeds. Worth a phone call. I'm only 63 and I play the age card ALL THE TIME.. especially with my kids.
Well that’s frickin embarrassing, I’m gonna have to call bs on MY internet story. I’ve been having some medical issues recently and sleep has been fleeting. My wife drove Tonight to our granddaughters first birthday party and the last time my wife drove me anywhere I was going to the hospital with my back. On the way home she asked if I had decided to get the offered seats or not and I started to answer and then I blurted out an expletive and Doug Atkins. She was pretty sure I finally lost my marbles. My seats are Doug Atkins Old seats not Doug Dickey’s from my post above and yeah I know the difference lol. My apologies for lack of attention and reading comprehension.

Well that’s frickin embarrassing, I’m gonna have to call bs on MY internet story. I’ve been having some medical issues recently and sleep has been fleeting. My wife drove Tonight to our granddaughters first birthday party and the last time my wife drove me anywhere I was going to the hospital with my back. On the way home she asked if I had decided to get the offered seats or not and I started to answer and then I blurted out an expletive and Doug Atkins. She was pretty sure I finally lost my marbles. My seats are Doug Atkins Old seats not Doug Dickey’s from my post above and yeah I know the difference lol. My apologies for lack of attention and reading comprehension.
It's all good. Doug Atkins.. any time I think of him, I think I'd hate to have had made him mad. He could crush a Volkswagen if he wanted to.

Reactions: bag12day
I got my email today that I will not be getting football tickets this year. 2020 would have been my 39th year of having the same seats. I really didn't expect it would get down to me, as I am grandfathered and don't have to donate.

I got my email today that I will not be getting football tickets this year. 2020 would have been my 39th year of having the same seats. I really didn't expect it would get down to me, as I am grandfathered and don't have to donate.
We got our email today as well. First time in 44 years my family will not be in Neyland.

Got same email for my mother's tickets but itdid say there will be exclusive opportunity to purchase single game tickets that starts Sept 22. Also will send another email on what to do with payment of 2020 tickets.

Got same email for my mother's tickets but itdid say there will be exclusive opportunity to purchase single game tickets that starts Sept 22. Also will send another email on what to do with payment of 2020 tickets.
Same here. I wonder what the ticket costs will be? Also, how is there an allotment left if they have met capacity? I understand that season ticket holders will post some or all of their tickets on vividseats or the ticket forum, but how does the university intend to sell directly to season ticket holders that were not chosen? If that's the case, and you are going to give me an offer to buy game tickets, you should just let the season ticket holders not selected initially have season tickets. It seems a little backwards to me. Just my take TIFWIW.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
I talked to my brother-in-law last night, and he got the reject email as well. Funny thing is his ranking was around 6,500. Why would he have not gotten tickets? That should be about middle of the pack as far as rankings go.

VN Store

Back